Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looking good, and I can only hope you will be feeling good as soon as possible. 

For hospital food that is looking pretty darn tasty. I hope it gives to the strength for a good recovery. 

Actually with surgical center it’s a private hospital for the orthopedic surgeons group, private very nice room. Low nurse to patient ratio. And the food is by a outside vendor off site. When I ordered the Mac-n-cheese she asked me if I wanted it with cheddar or white cheddar. I was impressed.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great to hear that your surgery went well,Greg

Thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We have our two granddaughters spending the weekend with us along with our grand dog, Kona.  Middle DD Jessica and SIL Sam are going away for the weekend to celebrate their 7th anniversary.  The ‘celebrating’ maybe be slightly one-sided since we recently learned they are expecting baby #3, our 6th grandchild.  
IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.06f19db35f9f7930d7843d69c728e6cc.jpeg

Love her “flying nun” ears.

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.b591ad00aaba3e749f56ca80fc2c0f46.jpeg

Deb, congrats on your upcoming 6th grandchild.  Enjoy every moment of anticipation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Sorry to hear OB 😞.  Always sad someone has to lose, but sounds like season was a success.

Great group of kids. I really wanted the win for them. Next week we will have a game with some other team that lost their playoff. Then we will have our big Thanksgiving Day rivalry. Then it will be time to say goodbye to the seniors. That will be hard.

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So how, exactly, do you make what is in that mug? Right now the word hot sounds really good to me.

Boiling water

2 tsp hot buttered rum mix

1-1/2 (okay, maybe 2 or 2-1/2) oz rum

Wife likes just a tiny bit extra butter melted in there.  Stir it all up and it's good to go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife loves all the Twilight Movies.

I liked the books better than the movies. Kristen Stewart always looks so sullen onscreen. 

All your trees look awesome! What a lot of work for just the 2 of you and the cats. ☺️

• Like 3

@Sea Dog Happy to see your smiling face after surgery.  Hope that the pain is controllable.  Also, sending hugs to Linda for all she is dealing with.  

I think that you should spend Christmas with @Jimbo - He has 8 trees and they are already decorated. 😁

Also, ask your Dr. for some samples to tied you over until your prescriptions can be filled. That is just so wrong.......

Sending positive thoughts.

Stay strong.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Settled in With Oxycodone, Tramadol, crackers and water. I Have just settled my brain for a long winter's nap, probably more like 2 hours. See what I did there a little Clement C. Moore?😉

IMG_3696.thumb.jpeg.9501dea9d7d46315e0535d9f996b33f7.jpeg

No "springing from your bed" for you!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Happy to see your smiling face after surgery.  Hope that the pain is controllable.  Also, sending hugs to Linda for all she is dealing with.  

Also, ask your Dr. for some samples to tied you over until your prescriptions can be filled. That is just so wrong.......

Sending positive thoughts.

Stay strong.

Thank you very much Pat. I will tell Linda your comments. We FaceTimed earlier with the dogs. It was hilarious as they would tilt their heads as they recognized my voice but they weren’t sure who they were looking at on the video screen.

We did end up getting all my prescriptions so that crisis is adverted.

I am very impressed with @Jimbo and his Christmas trees. I think he’s got me beat with the numbers At one point I had 10 up including inside and outside. I had to scale back because of my knee. Well done Jimbo! Could you imagine if we decorated a house together with both our decorations? EPIC!!

• Like 9

IMG_3697.thumb.jpeg.8297e1e39bae11b4c58f80a6231ee5ff.jpeg

Room is really nice. 2:45am the pain is going pretty good. New knee is barking back at this dog. If I am being ridiculous with all these posts like t’m still doing a live review I can move over to my live review? Thoughts??? I don’t want to hijack the conversation. I know it’s not about me.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Room is really nice. 2:45am the pain is going pretty good. New knee is barking back at this dog. If I am being ridiculous with all these posts like t’m still doing a live review I can move over to my live review? Thoughts??? I don’t want to hijack the conversation. I know it’s not about me.

Keep on with the updates Greg, it's great that you are on the road to recovery. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Keep on with the updates Greg, it's great that you are on the road to recovery. 

Thanks Sue. This may be the first “Knee Review”on CC. Should I call it Pappa’s got a Brand New Bag” (Reference to bag that collects urine from my catheter).

IMG_3523.thumb.jpeg.eeddff27bef82fc7d8e5b5046c396a1e.jpeg

Part of me is still in cruise mode. I have been showing all the nurses some of my pictures from last week. Them seem to really be enjoying it. Sad that none of them have not ever been on a cruise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@Sea Dog,  last night at dinner, for our last night onboard, there was a gal at the next table who said she recognized me, she is on CC and saw our picture from your review. She said she seldom posts, but she does read some, guess since it was about Adventure.  I mentioned Dani's thread and she didn't know about it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Keep us posted on here.  So glad all went well.  You will be feeling better quickly and springing forth soon.

• Like 3