Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@George C I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet JoeBob 💔.  

@Arzeena I hope you and RJ have a great cruise and look forward to seeing some pictures. 

We have a pretty nice stretch of weather coming up here in RI, especially for mid-November.  Leaves are still falling which is keeping Andy busy.  

I’m trying to work on Christmas shopping but just can’t seem to get into it this year.  It’s so hard to figure out what to get everyone, especially when they don’t really need anything!  And I make myself crazy trying to come up with thoughtful, creative gifts.  I’m my own worst enemy I guess!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:
On 11/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, HBE4 said:

That sounds like a really excellent itinerary. Antigua & St. Lucia was our honeymoon spot, 6 days each, 30 years ago this month. Also this month, 1 year since the passing of DW.   Oddly, both simultaneously seem so distant time-wise and yet so recent.

(((Hugs))❤️

((Hugs))❤️ from me, too, @HBE4 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I'm a little confused here, didn't you show them repairing some areas inside the house all ready?  Aren't they worried now with the roof off incase of inclement weather or did they  do the whole trusses and roof all ready back on?

They had to tear over half of the inside walls of the house down to the studs.  They started ripping up the inside because they knew they'd have to wait so long for the truss/roof permits from the county. So they could do all that work without permits rather than wait around.  No work other than demo was done to the inside thus far.

Since the smoke and fire was contained to the attic, they are also replacing the entire roof, including about half of the trusses.  

This week is supposed to be decent weather (really lucky in the Seattle area in November), so it timed out well to replace the roof.  They are in the middle of that now.  Once the new roof is on, they can go back to working on the inside of the house.  They'll have to replace all the HVAC ducting and electrical that went through the attic.

We're basically getting about 2/3 to 3/4 of a new house.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hugs to you HB. Please be strong. She is looking after you.
I will think about you in Antigua and St Lucia, and say a prayer.

Excursions: Catamaran cruise to the Pitons (St Lucia),

Thank you. The hotel we stayed at in St Lucia had a hilltop villa where the entire 4th wall could be opened to the balcony for this view. Not a bad view to wake up to, if you didn't mind sharing living quarters with a few birds and cute, colorful, little lizards.  Beds had a mosquito net should it get to buggy, which is never did. Just added to the "rustic, nature luxury" of the resort.

The photo is off the internet since the 30 yo pictures I have didn't scan very well but this is almost the identical view.

anse-chastanet.thumb.jpg.b433e683761ac2f3e2391874af6aff38.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, George C said:

Joebob is now with his sister Gracie , he was struggling to breathe before he left us , he was 16. 

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

...That is such a sad and difficult decision to have to make for them. 

😢 So sad.   ((Hugs))❤️ for you and your wife, George. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

They had to tear over half of the inside walls of the house down to the studs.  They started ripping up the inside because they knew they'd have to wait so long for the truss/roof permits from the county. So they could do all that work without permits rather than wait around.  No work other than demo was done to the inside thus far.

Since the smoke and fire was contained to the attic, they are also replacing the entire roof, including about half of the trusses.  

This week is supposed to be decent weather (really lucky in the Seattle area in November), so it timed out well to replace the roof.  They are in the middle of that now.  Once the new roof is on, they can go back to working on the inside of the house.  They'll have to replace all the HVAC ducting and electrical that went through the attic.

We're basically getting about 2/3 to 3/4 of a new house.

I assume you can't live there, so I guess you are renting a place somewhere. Hopefully your home owners insurance is paying for all of this.

Too many people to list & I'm sure I'll forget someone so I just wanted to say thank you to for the well wishes, thoughts, hugs, prayers and encouragement!

@George C My condolences on your loss of JoeBob, I've had many dogs and cats in my lifetime it's never easy, especially when it happens so quickly & they are struggling. A very sad ending to what seems to be a trifecta of a bad day.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

sorry I hit the "like" button.  Nothing to like about it.  Should be a hug button or maybe a "sorry" button.

I think most people get the context that sometimes a "like" button is really more of a "acknowledgement" button when it comes to bad or sad news, as in I acknowledge (feel) your pain.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I assume you can't live there, so I guess you are renting a place somewhere. Hopefully your home owners insurance is paying for all of this.

We were lucky enough to find a place in our same subdivision, basically a one minute drive.  We left our chickens at home and they are still roaming freely in the backyard, and I drop by on my way to work and on the way home, and my wife is over there a couple times a day as well.

And yes, insurance is covering the rental.  We stayed with wonderful neighbors for a couple weeks while waiting through a few days of minor hassle where insurance only wanted to do an initial six month lease (which, understandably, no one wants to do)...but once the contractor told them it would be a year they moved pretty quickly and we were in the rental house within a few days.  It's been pretty easy and I dare say (knock on wood) that our insurance company has been really good to us through this mess.

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. The hotel we stayed at in St Lucia had a hilltop villa where the entire 4th wall could be opened to the balcony for this view. Not a bad view to wake up to, if you didn't mind sharing living quarters with a few birds and cute, colorful, little lizards.  Beds had a mosquito net should it get to buggy, which is never did. Just added to the "rustic, nature luxury" of the resort.

The photo is off the internet since the 30 yo pictures I have didn't scan very well but this is almost the identical view.

anse-chastanet.thumb.jpg.b433e683761ac2f3e2391874af6aff38.jpg

Oh wow that looks beautiful! What hotel is this? Ladera?

Edited by Arzeena

9 hours ago, George C said:

Eating very little, he. Is drinking, he is not using litter box which he never did before, X-ray vet thinks he has a tumor and cancer , they are doing more test and we will go back later this afternoon. He seems to have problems breathing 

So very sad to read this.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Joebob is now with his sister Gracie , he was struggling to breathe before he left us , he was 16. 

I am so extremely sorry.  I know exactly how you must feel.  I read something recently that said of a cat “I won’t love you all your life; I won’t live that long.  But I’ll love you all my life.”

• Like 11