Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The company had originally slated the sale to go through by the end of September, before working on the ship in dry dock in Germany, then renovating it before sailing to Istanbul to start the cruise.

Even if the sale did go thru on time, 1 month to rebrand the ship & get it ready for a 3 year cruise with a presumably new crew seems pretty tight schedule.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Go to your settings as shown in above message and see if you are still logged in. You might have gotten logged out. If nothing else log out restart then log back in. See if that helps.

It shows logged in. 
I turned on Cellular and everything populated. I went through and cleaned them up and turned Cellular back off. 
This is not a good time for extra bills.  
I don’t know what it means that I can get on the internet regardless, and can get into Mail if I turn Cellular on. 
I thought you’re either connected to the internet or you’re not, and that you’re connected to Mail or not. 
I’m hopeless with anything like this, and Dick has been glued to the tv since Thursday. 
rught now he’s cheering his team against mine. And leading!
Or his backup quarterback against my backup quarterback!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It shows logged in. 
I turned on Cellular and everything populated. I went through and cleaned them up and turned Cellular back off. 
This is not a good time for extra bills.  
I don’t know what it means that I can get on the internet regardless, and can get into Mail if I turn Cellular on. 
I thought you’re either connected to the internet or you’re not, and that you’re connected to Mail or not. 
I’m hopeless with anything like this, and Dick has been glued to the tv since Thursday. 
rught now he’s cheering his team against mine. And leading!
Or his backup quarterback against my backup quarterback!

Im sorry that it didn’t work. That is baffling Mimi. I’m not sure what could be going on. So you are able to check mail if you are in cellular but if you are connected to just wi-fi you can’t open your mail correct?

On 11/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I am on the fence about decorating.  I have a blow up army, that I don’t want to deal with this year, since we are leaving on the Airstream trip first week of January.  That is my Christmas.  We have no kids, my mother and father are long deceased, my brother and sister are deceased.  My nephews have kids and no great need to be with us.  I am definitely not putting up the 12 foot tree and all of the ornaments.  If we do a tree it will be a small one.  Blow ups…. Hmmm…. Such a pain to keep upright in the wind and snow and rain.  

Ah humbug.  🤣

Simple is beautiful too. I think of the song, "Silent Night, Holy Night." 💞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Even if the sale did go thru on time, 1 month to rebrand the ship & get it ready for a 3 year cruise with a presumably new crew seems pretty tight schedule.

Don't think large cruise ship... think  much smaller.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

il_794xN.356689602_dmkj.jpg.12249e75d90c175c5dd65e108fe4fff3.jpg

image.png.968da142096807259bd0d47d1aaf456d.png

600 cabins, 1200 passengers. 400 crew  It's smaller then (Nordic Empress/Empress of  the Seas)

AIDAaura is a cruise ship, built in 2003 by the German shipyard Aker MTW in Wismar, and operated by AIDA Cruises for twenty years, as was her sister ship AIDAvita. In November 2023 the ship was sold to the Greek cruise line Celestyal Cruises and is expected to re-enter service in 2024 as Celestyal Discovery. Wikipedia
Length: 666′
Construction started: January 11, 2002
Launched: September 7, 2002
Place built: Wismar, Germany
Capacity: 1,266 passengers
Cost: $350 million
Crew: 389
Edited by Jimbo

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

image.png.968da142096807259bd0d47d1aaf456d.png

600 cabins, 1200 passengers. 400 crew

AIDAaura is a cruise ship, built in 2003 by the German shipyard Aker MTW in Wismar, and operated by AIDA Cruises for twenty years, as was her sister ship AIDAvita. In November 2023 the ship was sold to the Greek cruise line Celestyal Cruises and is expected to re-enter service in 2024 as Celestyal Discovery. Wikipedia
Length: 666′
Construction started: January 11, 2002
Launched: September 7, 2002
Place built: Wismar, Germany
Capacity: 1,266 passengers
Cost: $350 million
Crew: 389

Might as well show its better end....

Screenshot_20231125_221812_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b12309a39c985764b5062f3f7a3329b5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I discovered a problem when my daughter texted me to say she didn’t get my emailed Christmas wish list. 
Today’s emails piled up in my Outbox, and the Walgreens one I received at 10:04am was the last I received. 
So by now I would have 30 or 40 in my Junk mail, including 15 or 20 that should be in my inbox. 
The internet otherwise is fine. When I try to send from Outbox I get the message my yahoo account failed. 
Hopefully none of the emails are important so I’ll worry Monday. 
Being totally inept technologically, I’m in trouble!

I’m attaching the notice I get, in case anyone has a quick solution!

I’m on my iPhone, with an att.net address, but left AT&T 5 or more years ago. 
Comcast Infinity has been fine right up to now!

IMG_5781.jpeg

I’m the least tech savvy person on here so no solutions here except I get that message frequently when I try to mail a link or page to myself using WiFi. It goes to outgoing mail . I’ve found success in deleting my name at From and entering my e-mail instead .  I’ve read that you should have the addresses in your contact list which I assume you do have already . Right now my daughter is not receiving texts from me . I don’t know why because she was receiving them before.  

Edited by NHProud

7 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Yep, this.  

"Hello!  I'd like to pay for a three year world cruise."

"Fantastic!  We'll take your money, no problem."

"What ship will this be on?"

"Don't worry, you'll be on a luxurious cruise ship...just like home."

"But what ship is it?"

"Oh, we've got a bunch of contracts signed.  Don't worry...we'll have one by embarkation day."

"Alrighty then, sign me up!!!"

Yep, exactly!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I discovered a problem when my daughter texted me to say she didn’t get my emailed Christmas wish list. 
Today’s emails piled up in my Outbox, and the Walgreens one I received at 10:04am was the last I received. 
So by now I would have 30 or 40 in my Junk mail, including 15 or 20 that should be in my inbox. 
The internet otherwise is fine. When I try to send from Outbox I get the message my yahoo account failed. 
Hopefully none of the emails are important so I’ll worry Monday. 
Being totally inept technologically, I’m in trouble!

I’m attaching the notice I get, in case anyone has a quick solution!

I’m on my iPhone, with an att.net address, but left AT&T 5 or more years ago. 
Comcast Infinity has been fine right up to now!

IMG_5781.jpeg

You can go to the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone, find your Wi-Fi network and remove it, turn Wi-Fi off then on, find your network and add it back. If that doesn’t work, You may find a solution from this discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253812143

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Im sorry that it didn’t work. That is baffling Mimi. I’m not sure what could be going on. So you are able to check mail if you are in cellular but if you are connected to just wi-fi you can’t open your mail correct?

Correct. 
But I must be a genius. 
I had turned Cellular on, and went through my emails and turned it back off. 
After watching FSU wind up winning their game, I turned Cellular back on and sent a couple of emails. 
Turned it off again. 
judt a few minutes ago I heard a ding, picked up my phone and I had two emails. From sore losers. I looked and Cellular was still off. Then I noticed I had three in Junk. 
So I’m back in business!

Cellular must have a laxative effect, because it breached the dam!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I’m the least tech savvy person on here so no solutions here except I get that message frequently when I try to mail a link or page to myself using WiFi. It goes to outgoing mail . I’ve found success in deleting my name at From and entering my e-mail instead .  I’ve read that you should have the addresses in your contact list which I assume you do have already . Right now my daughter is not receiving texts from me . I don’t know why because she was receiving them before.  

I’ve never had a problem sending or forwarding emails to myself. I tried it this afternoon and it went into my Outbox. 
On the other hand, my son called me because he got a bunch of texts this afternoon that had been sent over the last five days. They all arrived today! 
Maybe my family is operating under a weird cloud!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vibe said:

You can go to the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone, find your Wi-Fi network and remove it, turn Wi-Fi off then on, find your network and add it back. If that doesn’t work, You may find a solution from this discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253812143

Luckily I didn’t have to do that. I probably would have screwed it up and wandered in the desert for a week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Tempura Shrimp fest! And yes. It is a Fry Baby, as opposed to Fry Daddy, which was much larger. It was a very good meal. ☺️ Please excuse our (not) fancy tableware. 😀

Tempura 3.JPGTempura2.thumb.JPG.d1496a644819fc12c50752482cc369e4.JPG

Tempura1.thumb.JPG.83d2c68bd40f823fdf2021af252b6534.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 16

43 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So my little drama is over, and I thank y’all for trying to help. 
I guess our network just threw a hissy fit!

Why turning Cellular on and back off again fixed it, I will never know. 

Rebooting helps except the time I held the reset button down too long on the modem and erased all of  my TV recordings .  That was very bad Google advice . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It's always lovely spending lunch/dinner with good friends, and the holidays just make it seem more special!

Did your friend also make this Christmas card?  It is beautiful!

True.  Card is not handmade but none of us had seen that particular design before 🎄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wonderful ornaments! It’s so nice to greet them when you start hanging them, and are reminded of the day they joined your family. 

Thanks. Yeah, we have been collecting souvenirs from all the places we gave visited but not all the places sell Christmas ornaments if you go during the summer period.

So our alternative souvenir is getting a magnet instead. Almost everyone sells those.

We have couple of magnetic boards in the home office and one board is already full from the magnets/pictures that's travel related. We are working on the second board now.

20231125_153453.thumb.jpg.562f6882b97b198a95408be5311ed1fc.jpg

Speaking of magnets, cheapo me bought a whole set of these wooden Christmas pieces. My wife didn't like them that much so we converted them to magnets by gluing a small magnet behind each one.

The plan is to use them for the doors on the Holiday cruise next month so we can find our cabin door easily from the endless doors on these long hallway. Some people get really festive on their holiday door decorations from previous cruises but I don't want to fill up my precious luggage space for that. This is the cheapo dad's DIY Holiday door decor...

20231125_170136.thumb.jpg.8567d05c9b0ed0b3fd19240ab9b0f3aa.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Ozark_Kid  Hey John.  How are you doing?  You've been on my mind lately.  Hope all is well, and that you're just busy with the Holidays approaching.🥰

Thanks. I'm doing well. 

It has been a busy but fun week.  Wednesday through today we had all 3 DD families here.  7 GKs running around the house was crazy at times but we love it.  

We sous vide a turkey breast.  It was great and all eaten by the end of the day!

So busy this week we were just able to find time to watch Survivor tonight!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. I'm doing well. 

It has been a busy but fun week.  Wednesday through today we had all 3 DD families here.  7 GKs running around the house was crazy at times but we love it.  

We sous vide a turkey breast.  It was great and all eaten by the end of the day!

So busy this week we were just able to find time to watch Survivor tonight!

So happy to hear it has been a fun filled week.  Just don't forget you have family here that is concerned about you also.

• Like 9