Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible news for all those booked.  

And to top it off they will refund in monthly installments, that's wrong in so many ways.

I'm sure their phone lines are blowing up.  Wonder if they have anyone left to answer the phones.

I’m wondering the same thing.  I only quick read the article but if I read it right they didn’t even have a ship for the world cruise. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m wondering the same thing.  I only quick read the article but if I read it right they didn’t even have a ship for the world cruise. 

They had a ship lined up that was retired, They were suppose to dry dock it and make the necessary  changes to it to get it ready in time but the sale did not go through on time and then in the mean time a sale went through  but it was bought by another company.😲

Life at Sea Cruises had been planning to buy the AIDAaura, a ship retired this summer by AIDA Cruises, a German subsidiary of Carnival Corp. It was due to be rechristened as the MV Lara. The company had originally slated the sale to go through by the end of September, before working on the ship in dry dock in Germany, then renovating it before sailing to Istanbul to start the cruise.

But after six weeks of uncertainty, during which Life at Sea repeatedly told guests that the sale was taking longer than planned, on November 16 another company, Celestyal Cruises, announced that it had bought the AIDAaura.

These were the prices per year:

https://www.lifeatseacruises.com/pricing-and-cabins

Edited by Jimbo

20 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I'm sure I've fallen for my share of scams, but that sounds like a cluster from day one.

I don't think anyone goes to all the trouble to put together a cruise itineary at each port if it isn't legit.

https://23584485.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/23584485/LIFE AT SEA ITINERARY V3.pdf?hsCtaTracking=c3b1d7a5-238a-4540-bd8a-a78fc0058a64|f45b42d7-0175-41e2-9974-f2e6ab587e5a

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

20231125_120504.jpg

I was commenting to myself about how beautiful this beach is, and then I realized, that some of our beaches in Naples are just like this.  Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, Arzeena.🌴

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

The picture with the grand children is absolutely lovely! 🥰

Thank you so much!😘

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I personally would Not have booked this sailing if they didn't even have a ship yet.    Wonder if they will have penalties/cancellation fees for reserving various ports.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

20231125_121630.jpg

This looks amazing especially since I just came inside from a chilly fall day of raking leaves and about to go back outside to start putting up some Christmas lights.    I like that they have a little wave action.   I would much rather be where you are.    Enjoy😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This looks amazing especially since I just came inside from a chilly fall day of raking leaves and about to go back outside to start putting up some Christmas lights.    I like that they have a little wave action.   I would much rather be where you are.    Enjoy😍

I enjoyed this port. I liked the beach. Lots of waves and breezes, palm trees. Ok restaurant and another bbq place. $5 per chair. Umbrella not required since lots of shade. Decent rest rooms. Gorgeous views. We are back on the ship now. $5 bought me a Christmas ornament made by a local artist on the dock. Will post pic after I stuff this black forest cake slice like I really can't do without it! Lemon tarts are in second place compared to their BFC😁

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Graham!😘

How is your weather?  It's sunny here today.  It was 27 degrees with a feel of 22 this morning. Brrr!

It was -1°C and frosty this morning and got up to 6°C and sunny this afternoon.

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6