Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, as I got a bone bruise on my knee about 3 weeks ago.  It's painful to do much walking or standing, so I've been busy crocheting some hats.

Joy, hope you'll feel better ASAP.

As a former "crochetter? /knitter?", I'm thoroughly impressed 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu I loved the Peanuts themed Crocs.  Charles Schultz had such a wonderful sense of humor…at no one’s expense.  Happiness is indeed a warm puppy (or cat.)

Our Thanksgiving dinner will be turkey and cranberry sauce paninis as we’re driving to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow to board Apex on Saturday.  Have a new pet sitter that I’d engaged before I met Marvelous Martha…so of course I’m nervous the new lady will unwittingly set off the alarm or something.  In my next life I’d like to have MUCH less imagination.

Hope the ceasefire and hostage release does proceed.  🙏

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I usually re-read my posts after they are submitted, but this time I didn't get a chance to because my patient's heartrate was doing all kinds of funky stuff (so annoying when someone's trying to die when I'm busy on CC! 🤣) and I had to go check on him... by the time I saw my typo, the time to edit had lapsed.  

It is REALLY bugging me, even though nobody cares and it has nothing really to do with the post in the first place! Yes, I know I have a problem! 🤪

No worries.  All you did was make yourself 2 years older😇

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

They just sent these pics, can’t believe how close they are!!IMG_1948.thumb.jpeg.918c2492c5f81747a8e8bc35b0d088d9.jpegIMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.d01f11835861bb6ad9c01d75da5f4ec1.jpeg

Wow!  They had some primo seats in front of Macy's.   Glad they had decent weather.   I had the parade on TV while doing some stuff around the house and upset I missed the Rockettes and Santa😔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani's thread.  I'm grateful that she decided to share a picture of her freshly cleaned fridge so long ago!  Who knew it would bring us together in a way we never imagined?

We are having a quiet day today.  The kids are all dining with their respective in-laws, so it's just me and Andy.  This is me, preparing our dinner:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e613edd5af11f1670498d0a7fee0036.jpeg

And this is our dinner, consisting of turkey, ham, beef, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry salad, rolls with honey bourbon butter, cornbread, pecan streusel cake, berry cheesecake, and salted caramel cake.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a1edc846f2b70fb4e1ca77f94e0140fa.jpeg

I was thrilled to find that our favorite local restaurant was offering a "take and bake" Thanksgiving box for two.  There's a second layer of food under the one you see in the picture.  I think we may have leftovers!  According to the directions, it should all heat up in less than 30 minutes. 

I was tempted to get this instead, but it doesn't come with any sides.

image.jpeg.ac9c14a48eae50f9ff945b2d0a2a8b55.jpeg

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, as I got a bone bruise on my knee about 3 weeks ago.  It's painful to do much walking or standing, so I've been busy crocheting some hats.  I don't have a ton of experience, but I have relied on YouTube to help me figure out the directions.  Here's one that is just about finished.  It's not perfect, but it kept me busy, and I learned a few new things.

image.thumb.jpeg.8de39b70c2e48b4ce52b27ff3dc8e8a1.jpeg

Best wishes to all, whether today is a holiday for you or not.  May those traveling and those in harm's way stay safe, and may those dealing with illness or pain be strong.  {{Hugs}}

Great job on the hat!   

Your Boxed Dinner for 2 sounds perfect.   Hope your bruise feels better soon.

I will pass on turkey gravy soda.  Is that really a drink?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gave myself a few early birthday presents:

1.) Booked The Connie (Celebrity) for 2025, visiting 5 ports, 2 of which I haven't been to......New Orleans and Roatan. The other 3 are Tampa, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. 

2.) Booked Dragons Breath Zipline for Labadee in 2024

3.) Booked the Alpine Coaster also for Labadee in 2024

• Like 10

5 hours ago, derorim said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani's thread.  I'm grateful that she decided to share a picture of her freshly cleaned fridge so long ago!  Who knew it would bring us together in a way we never imagined?

We are having a quiet day today.  The kids are all dining with their respective in-laws, so it's just me and Andy.  This is me, preparing our dinner:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e613edd5af11f1670498d0a7fee0036.jpeg

And this is our dinner, consisting of turkey, ham, beef, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry salad, rolls with honey bourbon butter, cornbread, pecan streusel cake, berry cheesecake, and salted caramel cake.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a1edc846f2b70fb4e1ca77f94e0140fa.jpeg

I was thrilled to find that our favorite local restaurant was offering a "take and bake" Thanksgiving box for two.  There's a second layer of food under the one you see in the picture.  I think we may have leftovers!  According to the directions, it should all heat up in less than 30 minutes. 

I was tempted to get this instead, but it doesn't come with any sides.

image.jpeg.ac9c14a48eae50f9ff945b2d0a2a8b55.jpeg

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, as I got a bone bruise on my knee about 3 weeks ago.  It's painful to do much walking or standing, so I've been busy crocheting some hats.  I don't have a ton of experience, but I have relied on YouTube to help me figure out the directions.  Here's one that is just about finished.  It's not perfect, but it kept me busy, and I learned a few new things.

image.thumb.jpeg.8de39b70c2e48b4ce52b27ff3dc8e8a1.jpeg

Best wishes to all, whether today is a holiday for you or not.  May those traveling and those in harm's way stay safe, and may those dealing with illness or pain be strong.  {{Hugs}}

Love your view & the  boxed meals are a neat idea.  My friend has been attempting to crochet to deal with grief but she has picked a very difficult pattern.  I think you have done well with your hat and it’s a lovely colour too.  Hope your knee recovers soon and you can moving again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Yes, I know.  So that was an even worse loss for our grandkids’ school.  That’s what I was trying to convey.

That’s how I read it. Maybe the good DR is “high” on victory and turkey gravy. 😂😀

Edit to add, it would be an exciting game to watch but certainly not a defensive one. OB, glad they had the win and Derorim I’m sorry that your team lost. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1