Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ours was Eurodam, but was a long time ago. Have not seen a HAL ship since.

Our only cruise on HA was eurodam when brand new.  Took a 3 nighter to nowhere.  We call them battleships.  Although, from reading recent reviews the interiors of the newer ships look much nicer 

actually considering HA to Alaska 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

My only HAL cruise to South America 18 years ago, the hull was navy, not black.😆

The good doctor owes me an apology!!!!  I was not sure of my memory, and I had to visit the HAL forum to validate my own lying eyes.  According to the resident scholars in that forum, one JHannah and a RevNeal, I am now 100% that it is indeed a deep navy blue that looks black on the water with a white superstructure.  

I still have scars from that forum!🤣😇

jc

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The good doctor owes me an apology!!!!  I was not sure of my memory, and I had to visit the HAL forum to validate my own lying eyes.  According to the resident scholars in that forum, one JHannah and a RevNeal, I am now 100% that it is indeed a deep navy blue that looks black on the water with a white superstructure.  

I still have scars from that forum!🤣😇

jc

Apology sent. But those ships all look black to me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, George C said:

I am beginning to hate watching the Buffalo Bills games with my wife , after following the Bills her entire life she is very pessimistic and sure they will lose , luckily she was wrong tonight, I am always a optimist thinking my Yankees will win the World Series every year, we’ll at least I have won more than a dozen in my lifetime 😁

I'm with your wife, as are almost all of the Bills fans that I watch games with.  We hosted a few Bills friends last night since we have the Peacock Network.  Lots of moaning and groaning and a few choice words throughout the second half.  It's just the scar tissue that forms after a lifetime of losing in bizarre and painful ways.  Wide right is still my worst ever sports experience, followed closely by 13 seconds.  You know they're bad losses when they have names (looking at you Browns fans...the drive, the fumble). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, what is a French 75? And I am pretty sure I know which one of those drinks is yours.🙂

Gin and Champagne usually with a sweetener.  There's a twist on that recipe that include St. Germaine (elderflower liqueur) that my wife loves.  

Edit: Forgot the lemon juice.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are looking at the bag and I'm looking at the drinks. What does that tell you?😊

HA HA HA That we can be best friends! 😁 and have lots of interesting conversations on drinks and handbags !

And lighthouse cookies? 🥶🤣 Forgive me it's Christmas and I wanted to be on the naughty list for a change.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm with your wife, as are almost all of the Bills fans that I watch games with.  We hosted a few Bills friends last night since we have the Peacock Network.  Lots of moaning and groaning and a few choice words throughout the second half.  It's just the scar tissue that forms after a lifetime of losing in bizarre and painful ways.  Wide right is still my worst ever sports experience, followed closely by 13 seconds.  You know they're bad losses when they have names (looking at you Browns fans...the drive, the fumble). 

I was still mainly a Giant fan during that Super Bowl , we had football watching parties almost every Sunday that year . Peacock only cost me 6 dollars a month and you can cancel after football season. I hate rooting for the cowboys but I guess I must , but even if Miami wins they play Baltimore next week. 

8 minutes ago, George C said:

I was still mainly a Giant fan during that Super Bowl , we had football watching parties almost every Sunday that year . Peacock only cost me 6 dollars a month and you can cancel after football season. I hate rooting for the cowboys but I guess I must , but even if Miami wins they play Baltimore next week. 

I hate rooting for the Cowboys also, but I hate rooting for the Dolphins more.  One more loss by the Dolphins and the Bills can still win the division.  Ideal scenario...Dolphins lose to the Boys and then beat the Ravens.  Ravens also lose to the 49ers and the Steelers (very possible).  Chiefs lose one more game somewhere...maybe the Bengals or maybe a division game vs Raiders or at LA.  Bills win out and end up with the 1 seed.  Maybe not likely, but possible.  A Bills fan can dream...right?  

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:06 AM, BonTexasNY said:

It's magical and easier when you live there. 😉

In the mid 60’s I had a part-time job working for Life Magazine doing research at the 42 St.library .At that time Bryant Park was disgusting .Currently it is one of the desireable places to spend time.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Sending good wishes at Christmas to all who post here.-

For those who are missing a loved one at their holiday table, I wish you peaceful hearts and good memories.

For those dealing with health issues and upcoming surgeries, I wish you successful outcomes,  healing recoveries and good days in the new year.

For those travelling now or later, I wish you adventures full of enjoyment, wonder and safety.

For those who are raising children, I wish you patience and courage as you keep them in your heart while letting them discover what life offers them.

For everyone who is dealing with the ups and downs of life, I wish you compassionate people in your life to help

get you through the rough spots and celebrate with you during the good times.

I just read over my wish list for all

who post here. It occurred to me that those are wishes for everyday, not only at Christmas !

So, happy Christmas and wishes to all for a peaceful and healthy new year.

MJ 🧑‍🎄 

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.96a1f6898cdb847cdfe27b16c79d3eae.jpeg

Beautiful post and picture!

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the mid 60’s I had a part-time job working for Life Magazine doing research at the 42 St.library .At that time Bryant Park was disgusting .Currently it is one of the desireable places to spend time.

I worked directly across the street from Bryant Park in the early 70's.  It was disgusting at that time also. NOBODY I knew ever ventured in there.  So many places have been "gentrified". 

@HBE4 Your posts and awesome pictures always bring out the essence of the NYC I love.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beautiful post and picture!

I worked directly across the street from Bryant Park in the early 70's.  It was disgusting at that time also. NOBODY I knew ever ventured in there.  So many places have been "gentrified". 

@HBE4 Your posts and awesome pictures always bring out the essence of the NYC I love.

I was there once and some guy spotted the pager on my belt. He came up to me and asked if I had any drugs to sell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I may be sporadic in keeping up with this thread today and tomorrow as we have lots of activities. Today I’m busy making my Christmas morning egg, hash browns, meat and cheese casserole for breakfast. Later I will make a Christmas appetizer for Linda’s cousin get together. I’m making a green tortilla, cream cheese, cranberry and pecan pinwheels. Hopefully it will turn out good. Taking a break and watching the film “The man who came to dinner” from 1934. Decent Christmas movie.

IMG_3940.thumb.jpeg.7cf1ccaea4cf67509275fa31ac339f65.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I may be sporadic in keeping up with this thread today and tomorrow as we have lots of activities. Today I’m busy making my Christmas morning egg, hash browns, meat and cheese casserole for breakfast. Later I will make a Christmas appetizer for Linda’s cousin get together. I’m making a green tortilla, cream cheese, cranberry and pecan pinwheels. Hopefully it will turn out good. Taking a break and watching the film “The man who came to dinner” from 1934. Decent Christmas movie.

IMG_3940.thumb.jpeg.7cf1ccaea4cf67509275fa31ac339f65.jpeg

Merry Christmas Greg!

I would love to see pictures of your food. Haven't seen the puppies in a while too.

Best of luck to Linda for the 26th.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Merry Christmas Greg!

I would love to see pictures of your food. Haven't seen the puppies in a while too.

Best of luck to Linda for the 26th.

Will do.

IMG_3942.thumb.jpeg.f02280c87780f226c263c71a0d00dc82.jpeg

Pups have been laying on my leg while watching Christmas movies. Linda is upstairs finishing wrapping.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The seven fishes!IMG_7763.thumb.jpeg.d6b4f283391b6cbe2e7e1e38030eb48d.jpeg

Now, that is a feast of seven fishes I could handle!

One of my friends has been cooking/preparing the feast for days.

She is serving shrimp, calamari, fish sauce, clams, baccala (sp?), flounder and oysters.

Another friend is cutting down the tradition and having shrimp and prime rib.

With my Irish German background, we did not have the tradition of fish on Christmas Eve, but we have celebrated the Eve with Italian friends and have enjoyed the feast!

We all celebrate in different ways. The important thing is being with family and friends at this time of year!

Cheers!

MJ 🤶 

• Like 9