Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

@A&L_Ont @xpcdoojk @Ourusualbeach  In Puerto Plata there is a flowrider right in port. $25.00 for 10 minutes or $40.00 for all day. Guessing when in port very few people are on the ships flowrider so that's probably a better deal. We didn't see anyone on it for at least 45 minutes.

20231225_110644.jpg

You just made someone really happy.  We are there next week.  

• Like 9

Wishing all here a wonderful Christmas.  Playing a bitt of catch up, grandkids have been here since Friday.  Spent Christmas eve at my sister in laws with most DHs family.  A bit quieter today as the kids are busy with all their new things.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Holidays to all. Our little 2.5' (maybe not so little for the cabin) holiday tree. I wrapped it in saran wrap partially decorated.  It made a big difference fitting it into the luggage. We had to bring in the balcony table to put it on since there was no table in the cabin. Gingerbread house setup in the Windjammer.

20231224_103721.thumb.jpg.343e8a14033f106212fa23c18d160ede.jpg

20231223_134956.thumb.jpg.865509dad5d0c1b6e1bf98234c2ab65e.jpg

20231224_133553.thumb.jpg.4d3e193f89669a5703524bd35ff7a629.jpg

20231224_133521.thumb.jpg.54e28b3bb320befe1102e9d26354006a.jpg

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Never saw the cake, could you post it here? 😉

I have no idea where to find it.  It was served during a cruise to celebrate LaLa's birthday.  Before it was cut into it looked great but the picture that will stay with me is the half devoured Bella cake.  Gross. Maybe someone reading this can post a copy?  LaLa maybe?  Not sure I have to stomach to see it again. 🫢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It was in one of John’s reviews where they did a TA in an ATS, if I remember correctly. The Genie had the cake made for Laura’s birthday. 

Yes!!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We don't need any reminders of that 

Seems like your memory of "The Cake" is the same as mine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Our housekeepers give us a gift every Christmas, they told me I would like the gift this year , they were right 

image.thumb.jpeg.5ba8ef25f473dfb13a7e477ae73a35d1.jpeg

Our friend stopped by the other day and brought some Bourbon Balls.  I took one bite and the heat (not spicy heat, but bourbon heat) jumped out at me from my mouth to the tips of my toes.  I think she overdid it with the Bourbon.  I had to have another one to be sure. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I heard the elves are busy cleaning the sleigh today.  They are using Santa-tizer.  Comet was going to help but he lost his tail last night so he is out looking for a retail store.

Perfect trifecta. Three Dad jokes in one. 

• Haha 5

On 12/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, Husky1987 said:

Spirit of Christmas time...

This lady and her husband came into our shop yesterday about 2:00.  There's a direct door into my (shared) office, so she walked in and asked if we could make a roasting pan.  She had a little piece of paper with dimensions and all that.  She had someone lined up to make one but it fell through, and she went to a couple other places close by and they gave her the "we don't have the time" brush off.  I asked her when she needed it by...she looked down and kinda shyly said "Saturday??"

Being the Thursday before Christmas, we had plenty of people out early, and more not working today to make a longer weekend.  So I sent her over to our sales and production office, gave our salesman Mike a heads up that a very sweet lady was coming around with a huge ask and said to him if there's any way we can do something to make a good Christmas, let's make it happen.  I walked over to the other side of the shop and saw her talking to Mike.  Our folks were already on it.  Our programmer was drawing something up, our production supervisor was looking for a scrap piece of material we could make her pan out of, and our brake press operator was getting his brake set up.  Cindy (the lady) was tearing up....she told us that her husband was in stage 4 cancer, and this pan was for roasting a pig for a big party Sunday for his mom.  She asked how much it was going to cost, and we told her it won't cost you anything....Merry Christmas.  She cried some happy tears.  We told her we'd call her in the morning when it was done.  

So this morning one of our welders welded it up, put some handles on it.  She and her husband came in to pick it up....she brought cake for the gang. 

There are plenty of days in my job that really suck.  In the 21+ years I've been working here, this may be the best day I've ever had. 

That's gonna be some pig.

When you get a chance to make someone's Christmas...just do it 🙂  

IMG_4546.jpg.b8fa8129955e1d727ce7ac81357cd6de.jpg

I don’t know if that’s a group of Santa Clauses or angels! Maybe a miraculous combination?

You just made my Christmas even better!

And your story should be in Readers Digedt!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Holidays to all. Our little 2.5' (maybe not so little for the cabin) holiday tree. I wrapped it in saran wrap partially decorated.  It made a big difference fitting it into the luggage. We had to bring in the balcony table to put it on since there was no table in the cabin. Gingerbread house setup in the Windjammer.

20231224_103721.thumb.jpg.343e8a14033f106212fa23c18d160ede.jpg

20231223_134956.thumb.jpg.865509dad5d0c1b6e1bf98234c2ab65e.jpg

20231224_133553.thumb.jpg.4d3e193f89669a5703524bd35ff7a629.jpg

20231224_133521.thumb.jpg.54e28b3bb320befe1102e9d26354006a.jpg

@ReneeFLL

Nice which ship are you on?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight. 

Bone in strip loins, medium rare. 

IMG_2808.thumb.jpeg.55f4d4d2abf026ee4927bfaff3ce2bfc.jpeg

After dinner Lucy watched our UNO battle. 

IMG_2810.thumb.jpeg.c3601e3300ad37d0d202936d9695ee4e.jpeg

Boom. 

IMG_2809.thumb.jpeg.4b0a960490901403d9220b0662dbf0e2.jpeg

I only won one round but came out on top thanks to low point rounds in my part. 

IMG_2811.thumb.jpeg.6554edb71528ba1507761af94dcc59ae.jpeg

Love a good game of Uno!  We always play in family vacations.  Gets pretty cut throat lol

i did some pork butt for xmas eve dinner for pulled pork sammiches… before & after 14 hr slow smoke 

IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.3ff6b3836bf1375325fca2a6ce25db10.jpeg

IMG_1456.thumb.jpeg.8d2a97a4776ed60cab59bf3815546f6e.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 8

This not Christmas viewing but for the coming weeks - for anyone who doesn’t mind foreign language tv shows - Dear Child on Netflix (German) is an excellent thriller.  

A woman & child are discovered in a remote forest location after the woman is hit by a car. Meanwhile, parents have been searching for their abducted daughter for the past 13 years.

@lenquixote66 have you watched this one?  I binge watched it all at once.  Couldn’t stop watching.

32 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This not Christmas viewing but for the coming weeks - for anyone who doesn’t mind foreign language tv shows - Dear Child on Netflix (German) is an excellent thriller.  

A woman & child are discovered in a remote forest location after the woman is hit by a car. Meanwhile, parents have been searching for their abducted daughter for the past 13 years.

@lenquixote66 have you watched this one?  I binge watched it all at once.  Couldn’t stop watching.

I never heard of it but I will watch it since you and I usually like the same things on Netflix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I watched the first two episodes.I will watch the rest tomorrow.So far it is great.Thanks for suggesting it.

• Like 2