Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes, I saw your recommendation. The reviews were excellent but  I missed seeing it at the cinemas.  Unfortunately, the only streaming service we have now is Netflix.

Did you ever watch the Australian miniseries Glitch on Netflix ?It is one of my all time favorite shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Sue! She’s in recovery. Surgery went well repaired torn rotator, torn labrum and shaved off some bone spurs on her collarbone. She won’t be feeling great for awhile but she will get better and be able to move her arm better.

Great news!   Happy to hear surgery went well😊

• Like 3

We are home. Long day as I went home after they took her back to the OR so I could let the dogs out. They said the surgery would last a little over 2 hours. I came back after 2 hours and sat for another hour before they called and said she is in recovery. She had some pain so they gave her something and she fell back asleep for another 2 hours.discharged her about 6:30pm. So I’m tired. Got her situated with ice machine. It’s nice as they use the same one for my knee so all we had to do is purchase the shoulder harness so that’s nice. Hopefully she gets through the night ok.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are home. Long day as I went home after they took her back to the OR so I could let the dogs out. They said the surgery would last a little over 2 hours. I came back after 2 hours and sat for another hour before they called and said she is in recovery. She had some pain so they gave her something and she fell back asleep for another 2 hours.discharged her about 6:30pm. So I’m tired. Got her situated with ice machine. It’s nice as they use the same one for my knee so all we had to do is purchase the shoulder harness so that’s nice. Hopefully she gets through the night ok.

Glad to hear all went well.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog, I'm glad to hear that Linda's surgery went well.  Here's hoping her pain is well-controlled and she has a speedy recovery.

Spent the evening having a belated Christmas dinner with my son and girlfriend, since I worked overnight on the 24th and 25th at the hospital (I often volunteer to do the holidays so those with little kids / grandkids can be home with them).  Was starting to question my decision to volunteer that shift when we had a patient whose blood sugar kept crashing and I had to run all around the hospital borrowing D50 from all the other units to treat her (I eventually had to break open our crash cart to get some since I used everyone else's throughout the night), but morning shift finally arrived and I was able to eventually get outta there (and as I was leaving, the ICU charge nurse was pounding on Pharmacy's door to get more D50 to treat her again, as they hadn't yet refilled our medication dispenser... I just thought, "May the odds be ever in your favor" and I yeeted myself on out to the parking lot!).

So now I get to dig out my post-Christmas memes to share. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Sue! She’s in recovery. Surgery went well repaired torn rotator, torn labrum and shaved off some bone spurs on her collarbone. She won’t be feeling great for awhile but she will get better and be able to move her arm better.

I'm pleased to hear Linda's surgery went well Greg.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Send Linda our hugs, along with the puppy licks. 

Thanks Andrew. Lots of puppy kisses last night when we got home.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

@Sea Dog, I'm glad to hear that Linda's surgery went well.  Here's hoping her pain is well-controlled and she has a speedy recovery.

Spent the evening having a belated Christmas dinner with my son and girlfriend, since I worked overnight on the 24th and 25th at the hospital (I often volunteer to do the holidays so those with little kids / grandkids can be home with them).  Was starting to question my decision to volunteer that shift when we had a patient whose blood sugar kept crashing and I had to run all around the hospital borrowing D50 from all the other units to treat her (I eventually had to break open our crash cart to get some since I used everyone else's throughout the night), but morning shift finally arrived and I was able to eventually get outta there (and as I was leaving, the ICU charge nurse was pounding on Pharmacy's door to get more D50 to treat her again, as they hadn't yet refilled our medication dispenser... I just thought, "May the odds be ever in your favor" and I yeeted myself on out to the parking lot!).

Thanks Debbie . I’m hoping once the nerve block wears off today her pain will not be too bad.

And THANK YOU!!! for dedication and sacrifice you do as a nurse and healthcare provider. You are hero’s in my eye. I know it’s tough when you miss out on family time while working on Christmas. Linda’s cousin is a radiologist and he had to work Christmas Day.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

132716352_10157759787931905_4031758684647171750_n.jpg

or now until next year!

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear Linda's surgery went well Greg.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Thank you Graham!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just think of the places Daryl could have seen, if I could have taken him on a world cruise!

Meanwhile, Daryl is happy to be with his big friends. 

IMG_0189.thumb.jpeg.d1b35074ec3a9114d8e6e3359fa54d3b.jpeg

Now you know why we didn’t take the other two on the cruise. 🤣🤣

Daryl and his antics have brought us a lot of smiles this holiday season. Thank you Daryl!!!!!😁

• Like 4

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thank you to all wonderful nurses doctors and emergency staff who work during the holidays keeping us safe 🙏 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1