Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This not Christmas viewing but for the coming weeks - for anyone who doesn’t mind foreign language tv shows - Dear Child on Netflix (German) is an excellent thriller.  

A woman & child are discovered in a remote forest location after the woman is hit by a car. Meanwhile, parents have been searching for their abducted daughter for the past 13 years.

@lenquixote66 have you watched this one?  I binge watched it all at once.  Couldn’t stop watching.

We started watching All the Light We Cannot See on Netflix.  Excellent.  We're through the first 2 episodes with only 4 episodes total.  From IMDB:

The story of Marie-Laure, a blind French teenager, and Werner, a German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We started watching All the Light We Cannot See on Netflix.  Excellent.  We're through the first 2 episodes with only 4 episodes total.  From IMDB:

The story of Marie-Laure, a blind French teenager, and Werner, a German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

Thanks.  I read the book. The tv series has been getting very mixed reviews here which put me off but I do like limited series, so I will give it a go. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@A&L_Ont @xpcdoojk @Ourusualbeach  In Puerto Plata there is a flowrider right in port. $25.00 for 10 minutes or $40.00 for all day. Guessing when in port very few people are on the ships flowrider so that's probably a better deal. We didn't see anyone on it for at least 45 minutes.

20231225_110644.jpg

So cool, and there is nobody there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This not Christmas viewing but for the coming weeks - for anyone who doesn’t mind foreign language tv shows - Dear Child on Netflix (German) is an excellent thriller.  

A woman & child are discovered in a remote forest location after the woman is hit by a car. Meanwhile, parents have been searching for their abducted daughter for the past 13 years.

@lenquixote66 have you watched this one?  I binge watched it all at once.  Couldn’t stop watching.

We watched that a month or so ago, good but disturbing.  Took us a bit to get into.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Watched this one as well.  We thought we done but haven't read the book to compare.

• Like 3

Wishing all the regular contributers to Dani's thread a belated Very Merry Christmas.  

It's been a busy and thoroughly enjoyable Christmas, but today we only have our sons crazy dog to look after so we can relax and enjoy a long walk.

Dani, @dani negreanu thinking of you and yours during this time of peace and hope 🙏 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Busy day today as it’s surgery day for Linda. I’ll get caught up later. We had a great Christmas even though my stamina was not great. I wanted to post this video from Christmas morning. As you can assume Lizzy and Charlie love Christmas morning with all the paper, bows and boxes. Here was one hilarious moment when Charlie tackles with a box.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have no idea where to find it.  It was served during a cruise to celebrate LaLa's birthday.  Before it was cut into it looked great but the picture that will stay with me is the half devoured Bella cake.  Gross. Maybe someone reading this can post a copy?  LaLa maybe?  Not sure I have to stomach to see it again. 🫢

IMG_0084.jpeg

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day today as it’s surgery day for Linda. I’ll get caught up later. We had a great Christmas even though my stamina was not great. I wanted to post this video from Christmas morning. As you can assume Lizzy and Charlie love Christmas morning with all the paper, bows and boxes. Here was one hilarious moment when Charlie tackles with a box.

Built in entertainment!

Lizzy and Charlie are all you need. 
I hope Linda’s surgery goes well and the New Year will be a pain free one. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hate to put a damper on the holidays but what happened to your Chiefs , apparently Taylor is no longer a good luck charm. Really surprised at SF loss also.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, George C said:

I hate to put a damper on the holidays but what happened to your Chiefs , apparently Taylor is no longer a good luck charm. Really surprised at SF loss also.

I was worried about the Raiders. They are better than their record. I did not think the Chiefs would implode like they did. Receivers, O Line and even Mahomes played awful. Kelcie is playing tired and his head is not into the game as you can imagine why. I am surprised to see the top tier teams lose. The Super Bowl is up for grabs by any team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Greetings from Curacao 

20231226_120442.thumb.jpg.3330b369de97bfb6b7283d76bf744562.jpg

20231226_120502.thumb.jpg.8d136e26ee6c2a29ffd58320b7832ccd.jpg

20231226_091536.thumb.jpg.09a275bb18d05db4ce8f62e2efbc9e04.jpg

This looks very familiar.   Daryl says he wishes he was back visiting those islands.  

Would you believe I had more pictures of Daryl on our cruise than I did of my wife.  Hmm, maybe he was more fun. 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Best wishes for a successful surgery for Linda today Greg.

• Like 6

Our family all arrived safely for pat 2 of our vacation.   Son and his family came in on the red eye from SFO, so they are catching up on sleep.  Daughter and her family are enjoying a couple days at Disney before joining us. 

Meanwhile, we are enjoying sunny, warm weather, and being the only ones in the hot tub.  

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wish Linda well and for a speedy recovery.  Your dogs are so adorable.  Our Rocco had a lot of fun with boxes and paper yesterday also.

• Like 3