Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

As you know, I spray my Christmas tree before putting it up, just in case I didn’t put it up this year because it was just the two of us.

Yesterday, I was putting away the small group of stand alone decorations that put out Christmas just gone..  The storage boxes are stacked in the shed with the boxed Christmas tree on top.  As I moved the box with the Christmas tree in it, small black ants started coming out, i gingerly lifted the lid and there were thousands of ants swarming on the underside of the  Christmas tree cardboard  box lid  Ugh.  DH wasn’t home so I had to drag it down and drag it outside onto the grass, hoping the ants wouldn’t crawl on me..

it’s a new tree with fake snow on it.  We don’t usually have any ants in the shed and we haven’t got them anywhere else.  Think they were attracted by the fake snow.

Yikes, hope you got rid of all the ants, not fun. 

On 1/4/2024 at 6:38 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

This is the little one who causes so much worry over New Year’s…

IMG_8463.thumb.jpeg.5ff6828af8203e1f4d9e9da89b3a084f.jpeg

Beautiful cat.  Thank you for the photo. So happy she is doing better. (Yes, I’m a cat lover.)

• Like 4

On 1/4/2024 at 9:20 PM, lenquixote66 said:

In 1994 I was a volunteer four the Make A Wish Foundation.They were having a sports auction fundraiser and I was in charge of getting current and former athletes to attend.A guy who spent his entire career as a Met asked for $7500 to appear.A guy who spent the majority of his career with the Mets asked for $7000 .No other athlete asked to be paid and all were pleased to volunteer their time.A “pro”. Wrestler heard about the event and attended with 9;other wrestlers.The event was scheduled for 11 to 4 .The Wrestlers showed up at 6 AM ,helped set up,spent a lot of time with the kids and were the last to leave .They were extremely nice people.

Wonderful to hear Lenny!  Shame on the two Mets players!

On 1/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Absolutely!! The alternative diagnosis was that since she did her first ever "scarf and barf" on Saturday morning - she literally has never thrown up since we adopted each other 2/29/20 - she scared herself and gave herself a case of kitty emetophobia (fear of throwing up). She's eating more every day, and last night (or this morning) sealed that she is back. She got the zoomies at 3am and was meowing at me at 5am. 🙂

Great news!  Zoomies is always a good sign.😹

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Well we got to see about 1" of snow today then turned to non stop rain around 5 or 6 pm.    It has been pouring since.    @Ocean Boy, @DaniDanielle @lenquixote66  How's the weather in your area?

I'll go look out the window as soon as this cat wakes up and gets off of my lap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll go look out the window as soon as this cat wakes up and gets off of my lap.

My wife and me can’t wait to get two new kitties, we have a cruise with extended family visit in March but will get two kittens shortly after . We have had at least one cat for about 35 years and most of that time had two. 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Raining and windy. There is a bit of white on the grass so it looks like it my have snowed a bit before turning to rain. The driveway and road are just wet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Wonderful to hear Lenny!  Shame on the two Mets players!

I have been a Mets fan since 1962.Prior to this occurrence I had rooted for both guys but never again.Conversely a retired Yankee player could not attend because he was seriously sick.He sent a nephew of his with more than 100 autographed memorabilia .I called to thank him and spoke to his wife.She said he really wished he could have come .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Well we got to see about 1" of snow today then turned to non stop rain around 5 or 6 pm.    It has been pouring since.    @Ocean Boy, @DaniDanielle @lenquixote66  How's the weather in your area?

We only had rain.It is still raining but the temperature is 41 degrees.

My granddaughters flight that was supposed to leave at 4:15 did not leave till 6:30.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Yikes, hope you got rid of all the ants, not fun. 

Dad says they were probably seeking shelter from the recent rain and they would have just dispersed when I put the box into the garden

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2024 at 1:07 AM, George C said:

I think my wife has a great fun birthday July 4th she gets fireworks every year .

There is a downside on having a birthday on a special day. On mine, Valentines, the restaurants are sold out with lovey-dovey youngsters and special 'valentines' menus. Higher prices too, though my lovely hubby always gets me two bunches of flowers, one for birthday and one for Valentines   💕 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 15

On 1/5/2024 at 9:47 PM, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Maryann. We're doing "the same", the war enters its 4 month, very long and hard one. We had rocket fire exactly at midnight December 31st, when very few were celebrating....

Since then, very few air raids. Due to the heavy fighting, it seems that the other "side" is less "free" to fire.

I've posted the stuffing in reply to Renee on Bella's thread. I'm copy-pasting also here. It was very tasty.

------

It was excellent. The chestnut is his "secret" ingredient....

Minced meat, small pieces of ready-to-eat chestnuts (vacuum), onion, cranberries, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, 2 eggs. Leave the whole mixture in the fridge overnight. Fry the onion with some teriyaki sauce. Served on a bed of couscous.

Enjoy !!

------

Thinking of you always Dani and hoping for a speedy end 🙏 

That dinner looks very yummy. Aaron is such a talented cook and artist 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's been a very wet autumn and winter so far. Lots of flooding and the Thames has burst its banks. Fields near rivers are now lakes. But at last this week we've got a period of sunny and colder weather.

One of our NY resolutions is to get out more and not just stick to our everyday walks. This week we went to a National Trust property and had a fascinating tour of the walled gardens and yesterday we drove down to the coast and had a great walk on the beach. 

20240105_135821.thumb.jpg.8fcd828e046ab3f211a6f701cf59a944.jpg

20240105_140039.thumb.jpg.ec663db12393ddd6c345eb03b7a08036.jpg

20240106_153303.thumb.jpg.76008b6354c8e21750e7f2bf3e2be212.jpg

20240106_160300.thumb.jpg.fdf3775ce01c44fe2de0337a8fbb4020.jpg

20240105_132526_resized.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Life is Good!

Probably one and done for us now.  Before the holidays, Beach Club for our August cruise was going for over $200 pp which I said would be too high.   Just looked yesterday, and it is over $300 pp for that August cruise.

It was nice for us yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's been a very wet autumn and winter so far. Lots of flooding and the Thames has burst its banks. Fields near rivers are now lakes. But at last this week we've got a period of sunny and colder weather.

One of our NY resolutions is to get out more and not just stick to our everyday walks. This week we went to a National Trust property and had a fascinating tour of the walled gardens and yesterday we drove down to the coast and had a great walk on the beach. 

20240105_135821.thumb.jpg.8fcd828e046ab3f211a6f701cf59a944.jpg

20240105_140039.thumb.jpg.ec663db12393ddd6c345eb03b7a08036.jpg

20240106_153303.thumb.jpg.76008b6354c8e21750e7f2bf3e2be212.jpg

20240106_160300.thumb.jpg.fdf3775ce01c44fe2de0337a8fbb4020.jpg

20240105_132526_resized.jpg

Lovely photos.  Look forward to seeing more from your out & about day trips.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a very nice sunrise this morning, but seas are calm.   Sea day today. 

IMG_0549.thumb.jpeg.a1cc2ad68488c3643cadbe5c643072cc.jpeg

They really should add a slide or something to get down to boardwalk quicker. 🤣🤣

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.784a848e2c5d485338d078c12b077e0a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 11