Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I don’t know if I will be awake to see the Vulcan Centaur rocket launch on Monday.  It is supposed to be at 2:18 am.  Allure should be 80-90 miles south of the launch site at that time. 

Although most of the hype has been regarding the inaugural flight of the Peregrine Lunar Lander for Astrobiotic of Pittsburgh, it also has other important cargo. 

In true @Ozark_Kid fashion, it appears people are dying to go to outer space. 

For those Star Trek fans, the ashes of Gene Roddenberry, Majel Barrett, Deforest Kelley, James Dothan, and Nichelle Nichols will also be aboard.  The remains and DNA of 338 people are part of the payload, destined for the moon or outer space. 

You too can be aboard a future flight, according to Celestis’ website. 

https://pages.celestis.com/memorial/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12069047671&utm_content=113071528741&utm_term=celestis&device=m&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD_rqy1h0Rmsuqj1Hv79GyOBmtanr&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsDE7ZrGgwMV4wytBh3oTQqQEAAYASAAEgKPM_D_BwE

I believe all of the Star Trek actors are on the Voyager mission to deep space. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t know if I will be awake to see the Vulcan Centaur rocket launch on Monday.  It is supposed to be at 2:18 am.  Allure should be 80-90 miles south of the launch site at that time. 

Although most of the hype has been regarding the inaugural flight of the Peregrine Lunar Lander for Astrobiotic of Pittsburgh, it also has other important cargo. 

In true @Ozark_Kid fashion, it appears people are dying to go to outer space. 

For those Star Trek fans, the ashes of Gene Roddenberry, Majel Barrett, Deforest Kelley, James Dothan, and Nichelle Nichols will also be aboard.  The remains and DNA of 338 people are part of the payload, destined for the moon or outer space. 

You too can be aboard a future flight, according to Celestis’ website. 

https://pages.celestis.com/memorial/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12069047671&utm_content=113071528741&utm_term=celestis&device=m&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD_rqy1h0Rmsuqj1Hv79GyOBmtanr&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsDE7ZrGgwMV4wytBh3oTQqQEAAYASAAEgKPM_D_BwE

I believe all of the Star Trek actors are on the Voyager mission to deep space. 

We are about 110 miles from the space center, no issues seeing launches. 2AM is even better. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We are about 110 miles from the space center, no issues seeing launches. 2AM is even better. 

And I forgot to post how big the containers of ashes were that they send up. 

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.7fe19d2cf79cab414f1d180995130a6d.jpeg

They vary from the size of a watch battery to the size of a lipstick container.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is a problem with the short cruises.  You have to pick and choose the things you want to see.  Already, people complaining about shows sold out.  Will be interesting to see how long the standby lines are.  

Too bad our cruise is leaving from Terminal 1 instead of 3. 

The view from our hotel window. 

IMG_0480.thumb.jpeg.2bed7cefa14eb393a7ef116764086d6c.jpeg

Now that is close. 

I missed where you’re sailing from and what hotel?  Super close!  In San Diego we walked to the port from the hotel and loved being able to do that.

We’re doing that in Sydney coming up and again in Amsterdam.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll be interested to know if it is harder to get into entertainment venues with the same number of passengers competing for fewer showings.

I was on the Allure 4 day cruise last month, I was able to make pre cruise show reservations for everything. They had the same number of performances for each show like the 7 day cruise. I saw Mamma Mia 3 times, once with reservations, twice with standby.  Saw Ocean Aria 2 times, once with reservations and once with standby. 

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How did your granddaughter like the American Doll crocheted apron, etc. that you so lovingly made for her, April?

12 hours ago, akcruz said:

That wasn't me, can't remember who though right now, yes it was a lovely gift. 

Went back and checked it was @derorim.

Yep, that was me.  The doll outfit was a big hit.  I also made hats for everyone (including the doll), and she loved that too.

April, last month you suggested to @Arzeena that the library might be a good resource for learning to crochet.  I never would have thought of that.  I checked with our local library and there is indeed a Yarn Guild that meets twice a month.  I went this week to check it out.  It was a friendly, helpful group of ladies, and they primarily work on items to donate to the children's hospital, veterans home, schools, animal shelters, etc.  People were making hats, lap blankets, baby sweaters, fidget toys, cat blankets, you name it.  I joined the group and am happy to have found a way to continue with my newly resurrected hobby and help others with what I make.  Thanks for making that suggestion.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I missed where you’re sailing from and what hotel?  Super close!  In San Diego we walked to the port from the hotel and loved being able to do that.

We’re doing that in Sydney coming up and again in Amsterdam.  

We are sailing from Port Canaveral.  Evidently, terminal 3 is used by Carnival. 

IMG_0482.thumb.jpeg.331ff7a2f4b20cd98eb56fd6c9727e79.jpeg

We are at the new Holiday Inn Express.  People were just walking across the street.  

The rooms are nice and new, and huge

IMG_0483.thumb.jpeg.afaafb809292e1178fc2c488e95c2c45.jpeg

Sorry for the mess, but this is when we are getting ready to check out. 

IMG_0484.thumb.jpeg.d26197e2c74f0183ecf059ac8589d646.jpeg

I guess we could walk to terminal 1, because it isn’t that far, but we drove here so we will park at the port.  

Checking options to get seven of us from here to there in August.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

We are at the new Holiday Inn Express.  People were just walking across the street.  

I guess we could walk to terminal 1, because it isn’t that far, but we drove here so we will park at the port.  

We haven’t gone out of PC for years so things have changed some. It’s always FLL or Miami. We might need to get back there for Wonder.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This looks like a good option for us Bella 2 and Bella 2.5 cruisers.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, derorim said:

Yep, that was me.  The doll outfit was a big hit.  I also made hats for everyone (including the doll), and she loved that too.

April, last month you suggested to @Arzeena that the library might be a good resource for learning to crochet.  I never would have thought of that.  I checked with our local library and there is indeed a Yarn Guild that meets twice a month.  I went this week to check it out.  It was a friendly, helpful group of ladies, and they primarily work on items to donate to the children's hospital, veterans home, schools, animal shelters, etc.  People were making hats, lap blankets, baby sweaters, fidget toys, cat blankets, you name it.  I joined the group and am happy to have found a way to continue with my newly resurrected hobby and help others with what I make.  Thanks for making that suggestion.

So happy to hear that the library worked out for you.  Enjoy your time there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I really like the option of just crossing the street and be on the pier. I've chosen this option when we cruised out of Southampton, so easy.

Mark @h20skibum enjoy your 2nd cruise. So glad you're "back in town" 😉

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen & Marty, heartfelt congratulations. And one of each to boot. Grandkids are pure joy.

JC @xpcdoojk & Anna @ATG - so sorry for your loss.

@Arzeena -- A. & RJ, have a smashing cruise.

@Momof3gurlz -- Deb & Andy, enjoy your trip. Sounds so much fun.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They keep changing our forecast.  We were expecting anywhere from 3 to 8 inches depending on which TV channel.  Today we changed over to 1 to 3 then changing over to rain Sunday morning.  

We shall see.  

I hope that it does not snow here Saturday because my granddaughter is flying back to college .In December 2010 Toby and I had an 8AM flight to Ft.Lauderdale that did not leave JFK till 8:30 PM due to snow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I hope you like it.  My knowledge of wrestling starts and stops with Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper &"Th Rock" Johnson. But again, the wrestling part of the movie is more back ground action. I don't want to give away too much of the story but if there was ever a cursed family, it was the Von Erich's.

Last night my granddaughters went to the Rangers game with their family friend Stephane Matthau.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

And I forgot to post how big the containers of ashes were that they send up. 

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.7fe19d2cf79cab414f1d180995130a6d.jpeg

They vary from the size of a watch battery to the size of a lipstick container.  

I never knew that Gene Roddenberry had married the nurse from Star Trek (Majel Berrett). I did know he had an affair with Lt. Uhura  (Nichelle Nichos) at one point.  Apparently, she broke it off because at the same times, he was also having an affair with Majel which, prior to marrying her, is what broke up his first marriage. Then he had a life long affair with his executive assistant while married to Majel.  The behind the scenes soap opera of Star Trek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As of now, since the hotel is so new, they do not have a shuttle to the pier.  On a nice, sunny day like this, we could easily walk to terminal 1, but it might be more than some would want. 

The hotel said they may be getting a shuttle at some point, but now they just recommend private companies.  I did see Ubers pulling in. 

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I really like the option of just crossing the street and be on the pier. I've chosen this option when we cruised out of Southampton, so easy.

Mark @h20skibum enjoy your 2nd cruise. So glad you're "back in town" 😉

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen & Marty, heartfelt congratulations. And one of each to boot. Grandkids are pure joy.

JC @xpcdoojk & Anna @ATG - so sorry for your loss.

@Arzeena -- A. & RJ, have a smashing cruise.

@Momof3gurlz -- Deb & Andy, enjoy your trip. Sounds so much fun.

It is across the street if sailing Carnival here, but not for Royal. 

We did that stay at the Holiday Inn in Southampton, and just walked to the ship with our luggage.  It was convenient. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Wow. That room is huge!!

Have a great time in the Allure.

Bon Voyage!🚢

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night my granddaughters went to the Rangers game with their family friend Stephane Matthau.

"Matthau! Matthau! Matthau!"

I never tire of hearing the most famous call of one of the most famous goals in Rangers history.   Double overtime in a win or go home Game 7 against arch rivals NJ Devils. Sending them to the 1994 Stanley Cup against Vancouver (sorry @Tree_skier), their only championship in the last 84 years.

Usually when a former Ranger player (or any celebrity)  is in the stands, they show them on the big screen Jumble-tron. Chances are your granddaughters were on the screen as well. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

As of now, since the hotel is so new, they do not have a shuttle to the pier.  On a nice, sunny day like this, we could easily walk to terminal 1, but it might be more than some would want. 

The hotel said they may be getting a shuttle at some point, but now they just recommend private companies.  I did see Ubers pulling in. 

It is across the street if sailing Carnival here, but not for Royal. 

We did that stay at the Holiday Inn in Southampton, and just walked to the ship with our luggage.  It was convenient. 

We would probably just use Uber. This hotel might be perfect as we need a hotel room for one night after we return on Bella 2 on Wonder and then board the next day for Bella 2.5 on Utopia.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sending them to the 1994 Stanley Cup against Vancouver (sorry @Tree_skier), their only championship in the last 84 years.

No worries, that 94 series against Rangers was great. I hated game 7 but game 6 was my all time favorite hockey game I have ever watched.  That was the game Trevor Linden put the whole team on his back and personally willed them to game 7 in NYC.  It was an exciting series in spite of its ending.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

"Matthau! Matthau! Matthau!"

I never tire of hearing the most famous call of one of the most famous goals in Rangers history.   Double overtime in a win or go home Game 7 against arch rivals NJ Devils. Sending them to the 1994 Stanley Cup against Vancouver (sorry @Tree_skier), their only championship in the last 84 years.

Usually when a former Ranger player (or any celebrity)  is in the stands, they show them on the big screen Jumble-tron. Chances are your granddaughters were on the screen as well. 

I will be speaking to them later today or tonight.They texted me during intermission with a picture of them with Matthau

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No worries, that 94 series against Rangers was great. I hated game 7 but game 6 was my all time favorite hockey game I have ever watched.  That was the game Trevor Linden put the whole team on his back and personally willed them to game 7 in NYC.  It was an exciting series in spite of its ending.

My son in law who is the father of the kids who went to the game last night works with a son of a Rangers immortal.One of the rooms in my daughters house is a Ranger room ,photos of great Rangers players,photos of players past and present that my daughter and family have interacted with.

Matteau,a family friend has been in their house numerous times.

• Like 5

I just finished watching (on you tube) the sweetest movie starring Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman, 5 Flights Up, released in 2014. Poignant, heartwarming and funny. The lives of a couple looking to sell their apartment in Brooklyn.  So wonderful to see the ending credits rolling over the Williamsburg bridge showing the exact building where I grew up in.  

AND to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen and Marty, congratulations on your exciting double news!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1