Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just finished watching (on you tube) the sweetest movie starring Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman, 5 Flights Up, released in 2014. Poignant, heartwarming and funny. The lives of a couple looking to sell their apartment in Brooklyn.  So wonderful to see the ending credits rolling over the Williamsburg bridge showing the exact building where I grew up in.  

AND to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen and Marty, congratulations on your exciting double news!

I saw that movie years ago.There have been several movies in recent years that were filmed in the area that you grew up in.

First drink onboard, a Dublin Ice Tea.  

IMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.abed7aa2565d49b68f5b60bc536fb5ba.jpeg

and guess what the bartender’s name is?

Daryl.  

Guess I may need to hang out with this Daryl, since Daryl the llama went home with the kids.  He was in need of some repairs. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No worries, that 94 series against Rangers was great. I hated game 7 but game 6 was my all time favorite hockey game I have ever watched.  That was the game Trevor Linden put the whole team on his back and personally willed them to game 7 in NYC.  It was an exciting series in spite of its ending.

Both series against the Devils & Canucks is what got me hooked on hockey.  My friends kept  cautioning me that I'm going to be disappointed going forward as not all games are that intense &  exciting.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

As per our eldest son's wishes, DH is continuing the "trend" of comfort food.... This time -- stuffed acorn squash --

image.thumb.jpeg.89f94b1b025b65c137ba6a221e025069.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9b93e3c437c378646d2fc2131a28265b.jpeg

That looks interesting, Dani.  I've never had acorn squash.  What was it stuffed with?

How are you all doing?💞

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That looks interesting, Dani.  I've never had acorn squash.  What was it stuffed with?

How are you all doing?💞

Thank you, Maryann. We're doing "the same", the war enters its 4 month, very long and hard one. We had rocket fire exactly at midnight December 31st, when very few were celebrating....

Since then, very few air raids. Due to the heavy fighting, it seems that the other "side" is less "free" to fire.

I've posted the stuffing in reply to Renee on Bella's thread. I'm copy-pasting also here. It was very tasty.

------

It was excellent. The chestnut is his "secret" ingredient....

Minced meat, small pieces of ready-to-eat chestnuts (vacuum), onion, cranberries, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, 2 eggs. Leave the whole mixture in the fridge overnight. Fry the onion with some teriyaki sauce. Served on a bed of couscous.

Enjoy !!

------

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've posted the stuffing in reply to Renee on Bella's thread. I'm copy-pasting also here. It was very tasty.

------

It was excellent. The chestnut is his "secret" ingredient....

Minced meat, small pieces of ready-to-eat chestnuts (vacuum), onion, cranberries, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, 2 eggs. Leave the whole mixture in the fridge overnight. Fry the onion with some teriyaki sauce. Served on a bed of couscous.

Enjoy !!

------

Thank you for this.  I made a tasty San Choy Bow recipe during the week using tinned water chestnuts etc, for the first time.  DH did not like the lettuce cups but loved the mince filling.  I thought the mince leftovers would be good as a filling for something but had no idea what. A stuffed pumpkin would be perfect.

• Like 4

On 1/5/2024 at 6:22 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations!  How exciting and these are absolutely adorable ways to announce the news.

• Thanks 1

DH is currently going through a chopped oranges & sliced bananas phase for dessert.  I need to find a farmers market because our local supermarkets currently only  sell  oranges imported from California for $9.90 per kilo….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2024 at 5:18 AM, brillohead said:

Okay, cat people... now you know!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/369975765612491

Mike holds them on their back like a baby and I clip. Works perfect for us, but I started playing with their toes/paws when they were young so they don’t normally have a problem with it. Cat fur in my mouth, no way!

• Like 5

On 1/4/2024 at 12:56 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful 💕 including the short straps you made.  Thanks for posting the photo

On 1/4/2024 at 6:26 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow, they are all gorgeous handbags.   I never heard of Mary Frances handbags until your posts.   

I especially like the pineapple and flamingo bags.  

Your royal bag is extra special too!

On 1/4/2024 at 7:51 AM, Arzeena said:

Gorgeous!

I have also seen them on Royal and Celebrity ships, but never bought one.

Thanks everyone. I like the bright colors on them, just wished the champagne purse had more color.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope that it does not snow here Saturday because my granddaughter is flying back to college .In December 2010 Toby and I had an 8AM flight to Ft.Lauderdale that did not leave JFK till 8:30 PM due to snow.

I wish her a safe flight. 

You sure do have a great memory!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And I forgot to post how big the containers of ashes were that they send up. 

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.7fe19d2cf79cab414f1d180995130a6d.jpeg

They vary from the size of a watch battery to the size of a lipstick container.  

I guess it could cost an arm and leg if you want all your ashes sent up. 😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 9:25 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Love these!  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I think they’re fun.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:22 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congrats, but tell DS2 to hold out for 2 more days. It’s a good day to be born. 😁

Edited - While you’re at it, tell DS1 to also hold out for 2 more days. St. Patrick’s Day would be a fun birthday.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 3:46 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Much better! We saw the vet yesterday evening and it seems she just had a bit of a bug. She's eating more each day, so that's a plus! Thank goodness!!

That’s very good to hear. It must have been scary not being able to get her to a vet right away.

• Like 2