Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

And here I am on this cold day, just looking at the new builds for the next two ships we have booked.  I always find their shipyard videos fascinating.  

One of the ships was doing sea trials this week and has it’s maiden voyage in 25 days.

I have to start looking at one that I can actually sail soon to escape some cold weather.

Hope everyone is staying warm.  Windchill of -2° here.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

It’s the number after the dash in the screenshots below…IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.dbd51a71d40bf83d182432935af968c9.jpeg

Thank you, there's a muster station assigned and a floor (6) on Spectrum but no numbers under the bar code as yet. Still six weeks to go so I'll keep looking 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I would wait to see what is assigned and bid up from that. But that is just me. You do what ever you are good with.
My GTY for an upcoming cruise was assigned the same day I booked. But that cruise is in 3 weeks. I am very happy with the assignment. Is this you World Cruise segment?

We're pretty cool with whatever.  It's only a four night cruise. I'm a little concerned it may be right above the smoking 'bus stop' on five but the website shows only central and forward cabins available on six at mo , 🤞

It's Spectrum ex Singapore. The Serenade WC segment isn't till July, BCN to Southampton 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, there's a muster station assigned and a floor (6) on Spectrum but no numbers under the bar code as yet. Still six weeks to go so I'll keep looking 

If you scan the bar code with a barcode scanner it will show you the numbers.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

If you have only the bar code, without the numbers below it, take a screenshot of the barcode.   Then upload it to an online bar code reader (there are several free ones).  It will return the numbers for the bar code.

As @SteelCityCruiser10 said, room number is the last 4 digits.  If you have a muster station assigned, it is a good chance your cabin has as well.

Thanks Mark, I'll gave a go at this, only the bar code so far. We've got a muster and floor assigned so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

After looking at the 10 day forecast for Cape Coral and Gasparilla Island and speaking with my Boss, we have decided to postpone our trip.    Originally scheduled to fly to Ft Meyers airport Thursday morning but with temps to be in the 60's with rain and high winds forecasted for most of the weekend we decided to postpone our trip for a couple of weeks. 

image.png.6893719a28ddeb738fd40a81e1ea7dc1.png

It saddens me to think we cancelled our Anthem sailing for Jan 18th 11 nighter because of Yeshiva week and now postponing this trip.    I was so hoping to be soaking up some warm sun somewhere this January.    For now, we have our fireplace and cats to snuggle up with.  

I hope everyone remains safe during this brutal cold weather and has no issues with power outages.

Sounds like a good idea Debbie to postpone, but disappointing when you're so looking forward to it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did Linda ever see you without a mustache ? Toby never saw me without facial hair till 2016 when I decided to let people see me clean shaven.The consensus was to grow back the beard and mustache.

No I had the mustache starting in college. I’ve been afraid to shave it off as I have had it for over 40 years. Not sure I would recognize myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I should note the screenshot I posted was after I added the set sail pass to my apple wallet.  If i just view the set sail pass on the website it doesn’t show the numbers under the bar code.  Not sure what the equivalent would be if your on android device.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No I had the mustache starting in college. I’ve been afraid to shave it off as I have had it for over 40 years. Not sure I would recognize myself.

Dave had a mustache when we met 50+ years ago.  Of course back then it was a red/brown mix.  Then it turned a red/brown/gray mix.  Now it’s almost all gray with a few red/brown hairs.  I have no idea what he would look like without it and I’m pretty sure I’ll never find out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ATG said:

Dave had a mustache when we met 50+ years ago.  Of course back then it was a red/brown mix.  Then it turned a red/brown/gray mix.  Now it’s almost all gray with a few red/brown hairs.  I have no idea what he would look like without it and I’m pretty sure I’ll never find out.

I’ll have to edit a picture of me in photoshop and take out the mustache and see would I would look like.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

After looking at the 10 day forecast for Cape Coral and Gasparilla Island and speaking with my Boss, we have decided to postpone our trip.    Originally scheduled to fly to Ft Meyers airport Thursday morning but with temps to be in the 60's with rain and high winds forecasted for most of the weekend we decided to postpone our trip for a couple of weeks. 

It saddens me to think we cancelled our Anthem sailing for Jan 18th 11 nighter because of Yeshiva week and now postponing this trip.    I was so hoping to be soaking up some warm sun somewhere this January.    For now, we have our fireplace and cats to snuggle up with.  

I hope everyone remains safe during this brutal cold weather and has no issues with power outages.

I'm sorry you had to postpone your trip to Florida, Debbie, but please believe me when I tell you you are so much better off coming later.  I have never experienced the neverending rain that we've been having here.  There have only been 2 really nice days since Jim and I got here just before New Year's.  I finally got into the pool for the first time 2 days ago, and showers began again.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How disappointing!  You’ll get there eventually - and appreciate it that much more in nice weather.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 4:17 PM, Tree_skier said:

So the next cruise is Adventure.  Our first stop is Labadee.  We have been there once before but this experience will be different so I'm looking for a little advice.  On our previous trip to Labadee we were on a fairly full Oasis ship but we had a Cabana. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.   It was a Landmark anniversary cruise I pulled out the stops all week long.  This time on Adventure I have nothing booked yet.  This is going to be a full ship it looks like but it is Adventure instead of Oasis.  How full is Labadee going to feel and how is it going to be getting a lounger with some shade somewhere when I'm not one of the early ones off the ship.  I like to have a leisurely breakfast in the morning so I'd probably not be getting off the ship until 10am.  

Should I break down and get the beach bed at $380?  The Cabana's are off the table, they are just over $1000 a day.  They have these beach loungers for two for sale.  Should I get one of these or am I just wasting money and will easily find something similar without spending any extra money.

Screenshot2024-01-13at1_15_50PM.thumb.png.0f9db97abce71da27bf89045df9a458c.png

When is your Adventure cruise?

Current temp is 15 F.  We head out for San Juan onThursday.  Checked the temps there & looks like around 88.  That’ll be a welcome change!  Boarding Jewel on Saturday for S. Caribbean.  We are excited for a few “new to us” ports like Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and St Lucia.  Might start a live thread if I’m feeling it.  

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Current temp is 15 F.  We head out for San Juan onThursday.  Checked the temps there & looks like around 88.  That’ll be a welcome change!  Boarding Jewel on Saturday for S. Caribbean.  We are excited for a few “new to us” ports like Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and St Lucia.  Might start a live thread if I’m feeling it.  

Never been to Trinidad & Tobago. I'll be interested in your thoughts.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never been to Trinidad & Tobago. I'll be interested in your thoughts.

We are still debating what to do for both of those ports.  CC doesn’t have much positive info on either.  At minimum we will

explore the port area I think.  Talked about doing a beach excursion but just not sold on anything yet.  Going to see how we feel about it onboard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just missing you, we’re on 3/1.  

I considered that one when we booked because I would have preferred the southern itinerary to the one we are on but for a reason that escapes me now ended up choosing this one.  It's to bad, I would have enjoyed meeting you. 

🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

Well that was stressful.  My laptop decided to update to Windows 11 this morning and lost all my documents since 2019.  Sigh.  I have a backup utility but it was not easy nor was it quick.  I really dislike technology right now.  An adult beverage is needed now.  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sorry you had to postpone your trip to Florida, Debbie, but please believe me when I tell you you are so much better off coming later.  I have never experienced the neverending rain that we've been having here.  There have only been 2 really nice days since Jim and I got here just before New Year's.  I finally got into the pool for the first time 2 days ago, and showers began again.  

They have been saying the last couple of weeks have been crappy and we all kept hoping the weather would improve for this coming week.

I hope it does improve for all of you soon. 

BTW, they keep having internet (comcast) problems at their house in Cape Coral.   Is your internet any better?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I considered that one when we booked because I would have preferred the southern itinerary to the one we are on but for a reason that escapes me now ended up choosing this one.  It's to bad, I would have enjoyed meeting you. 

🙂 

Same here, hope to meet you on Bella 2.0.  It’s just over a year away.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

88f sounds perfect!   Can I stowaway in your luggage?   

I think you will like Barbados and St Lucia.  We have never been to Trinidad & Tobago.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Any excursions booked?   We did a really fun catamaran sailing in Barbados and another time the pirate boat.  Both were lots of fun.   Snorkeled with sea turtles on one of them.  

St Lucia we did a sailing to the Pitons and then took a ride up to the volcano for mud bath and lunch at a plantation.   

Another trip we sailed to marigot Bay and hung out there for a couple hours.   

Lots of nice beaches too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3