Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Graham:My in home Occupational Therapist and her husband are going to Switzerland for a mini vacation in a few weeks.They want to bring home chocolate .Do you have any suggestions for a good product ?

Lindt is the best and most popular of the superb Swiss chocolate brands.

Toblerone are another fabulous brand.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

It is starting to look like a kitchen again.  Just a little more crown molding, cabinet staining and counter tops.  Then I need to scrub every surface in the house.  Lol

Resized_20240131_165455.thumb.jpeg.8f7569baa043bf2dced88122411c1c34.jpeg

Looking great!  We want that exact style of refrigerator with adjustable temp middle drawer, but with the ice maker in the freezer section to avoid issues with it being located in the higher temp fridge section.  We can't find anyone who makes that. 

Depending on how much dust was generated, you might also consider getting your air ducts cleaned.  Made a big difference for us after our kitchen remodel in Ohio.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/27/2024 at 10:34 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I so appreciate your thoughtfulness. However, I kind of keep my collection to ships that I've been on. Thanks so much again for your offer. I don't want to seem ungrateful.

Just getting caught up on this thread. That’s what I thought you had said before, but I wasn’t 100% sure. See you in 2 days.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2024 at 10:26 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Someone is having a birthday today. Jade is two years old.

20240115_174446.thumb.jpg.3c10fcec9a12a5c6fbad746e9ea90371.jpg

20230513_103712.thumb.jpg.4a99ffaefd113f3ce8a59caf73801c31.jpg

That was a fast 2 years. Happy birthday to such a beautiful kitty. Has she gotten any better about going into the carrier or is it still all out war?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That was a fast 2 years. Happy birthday to such a beautiful kitty. Has she gotten any better about going into the carrier or is it still all out war?

It is a challenge and I have the battle scars to prove it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:37 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thank you ! I wish I could say I am getting better sleeps but I’m not. Horrible restless leg syndrome at night that consists of a dull ache and heavy tired feeling in my leg muscles. Very frustrating.

I have dealt with symptoms of intermittent RLS for over 20 years and finally became more frequent 5 years ago to the point I needed help. At first just walking the stairs….up and down about 10 times seemed to help. (Yup at 11pm some nights). 

After meeting with my Dr. I was started on the lowest dose of Ropinirole at bedtime. 
Now I am still on the lowest dose but I with his advice take it three times a day.  

90% of the time I sleep without the restless legs.  The other times I am fighting the dreaded ache, feeling of muscles moving——  ( there not moving ), to the point I still have to get out of bed and walk. 

In five years the dose has stayed the same but it increase from one to three times a day. 

I have a lot of room for adjustment if down the road it is necessary. 

It works for me. 

The cause—— Wish someone would know. 
It just afflicts some people and I am a “some”. 
The only injury I had was on a 25 mile bike run and fell off the bike on left leg and that was over 30 years ago. Still unknown if that could have precipitated RLS. 

Talk to your doctor and see if it is right for you?  

Be safe. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I have dealt with symptoms of intermittent RLS for over 20 years and finally became more frequent 5 years ago to the point I needed help. At first just walking the stairs….up and down about 10 times seemed to help. (Yup at 11pm some nights). 

After meeting with my Dr. I was started on the lowest dose of Ropinirole at bedtime. 
Now I am still on the lowest dose but I with his advice take it three times a day.  

90% of the time I sleep without the restless legs.  The other times I am fighting the dreaded ache, feeling of muscles moving——  ( there not moving ), to the point I still have to get out of bed and walk. 

In five years the dose has stayed the same but it increase from one to three times a day. 

I have a lot of room for adjustment if down the road it is necessary. 

It works for me. 

The cause—— Wish someone would know. 
It just afflicts some people and I am a “some”. 
The only injury I had was on a 25 mile bike run and fell off the bike on left leg and that was over 30 years ago. Still unknown if that could have precipitated RLS. 

Talk to your doctor and see if it is right for you?  

Be safe. 

Thank Sue. Great advice. I will talk to my doctor about it. Mine seems to also be caused because I am working and stretching my quadriceps in therapy 3 times a week and those muscles are fatigued and sore from their workout. I’m also very tight and my doctor suggested I consider going to a place like stretch lab where they can manipulate my legs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just watched the movie The Beekeeper with Jason Statham.   We both enjoyed.   

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will add it to the list.  We have finished Griselda and started American Nightmare.  

• Like 2

You saw it here first! Well, maybe. I booked an extra cruise just so we would have the right number of points to get this. 😁 We also had it signed by Captain Loy.

20240201_121918.thumb.jpg.10858830500096411a84755f5b4f6663.jpg

20240201_121928.thumb.jpg.71737ed9dab8f621d569c41a4697403a.jpg

20240201_121947.thumb.jpg.5a426816dc3009305b1e5c7758e26e98.jpg

20240201_121940.thumb.jpg.df0425a809e6dcb6776d322e49f09971.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 21

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You saw it here first! Well, maybe. I booked an extra cruise just so we would have the right number of points to get this. 😁 We also had it signed by Captain Loy.

20240201_121918.thumb.jpg.10858830500096411a84755f5b4f6663.jpg

20240201_121928.thumb.jpg.71737ed9dab8f621d569c41a4697403a.jpg

20240201_121947.thumb.jpg.5a426816dc3009305b1e5c7758e26e98.jpg

20240201_121940.thumb.jpg.df0425a809e6dcb6776d322e49f09971.jpg

Congratulations Renee and Mike!

On 1/29/2024 at 11:41 AM, Sea Dog said:

Yes I wish the media would leave them alone. But I am very happy for them. Great love story.

That is until they break up and she writes a song about him.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is that streaming or did you see it in a movie theater.I try to see every film that Jason Stratham is in.

It's currently in the movie theaters. I saw it last week.  Pure over-the-top action, which I enjoy. The kind of movie where you just want to have fun & not think too much, Not everybody's cup of tea but it is mine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It's currently in the movie theaters. I saw it last week.  Pure over-the-top action, which I enjoy. The kind of movie where you just want to have fun & not think too much, Not everybody's cup of tea but it is mine.

Mine too,on occasion .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mine too,on occasion .

Mine three...especially if I'm by myself.  One of the advantages of traveling internationally while working was that could watch a lot of movies on a plane.  That was my time to catch up on "guy flicks" while Micheline was at home catching up on "chick flicks".  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I first thought this was a map of the world showing where the beer comes from.  I couldn't figure out why they had Carib near Northern Canada. 🤣 

Me too. I couldn't figure out which island in the middle of the Atlantic brews Grolsch. Lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Many inappropriate jokes but I’m stopping myself. 

Probably get you a game or 2 of Monopoly too, take it from someone who knows...............

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Probably get you a game or 2 of Monopoly too, take it from someone who knows...............

From what we have learned, lighthouse cookies alone can do that. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11