Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Still not on my end either. CC found a few more to send me.  I went from 863 to this number. 

IMG_6707.jpeg.f2b36bf4e48a9619e499ee531fe85912.jpeg

I am not counting them out just yet.  She was fever free for 24 hours, which was required for her to return to school, so she made it back today.  SIL made it to work today, so he must be fever free also.  My guess is they will make Friday’s dance if they do not have a relapse. 

Just hoping my daughter does not get it. 

I also hope your daughter does not get the flu.  

Since there's still two days before Friday evening, it sounds like your granddaughter and SIL will make it to their dance.

• Like 1

@Sea Dog  Glad that you are home and that your hernia operation is now behind you.  No wonder you were in so much pain, Greg!  

How sorry that what started out as such a happy occasion, the Festivities ended in such a tragedy.  When will this violence ever stop?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, glad the surgery was a success.  Really hated to see that about the end of the parade. I hope they are able to find some answers to this senseless act.

Thanks Mark. I’m surprised that I don’t have much pain….(yet?) biggest problem is getting my bladder to wake up. I’ve made so many trips to the bathroom with nothing happening.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Also my thinking as well. I'm a light sleeper & a late riser, i.e. not a morning person.🙂 But if the dog is barking at midnight, I'm okay with it. 😉

It's not always a barking dog.  We've had a noisy neighbor or two over the years we've been here.  I'm used to the sounds you can hear from above us.  We're on the second floor of a three story building.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Sorry for the disruption to the Super Bowl victory event, but  its good to hear @Sea Dog surgery went well

Yes talk about a very sad end to what was a wonderful celebration. My pain is manageable and I’m doing good except for my heart which is so sad and heartbroken.

• Like 5

@Arzeena. Our Mommies are always with us.

Yesterday my zipper was stuck on coat after we came in from shoveling.   I told Eric I'm going to be wearing the coat for the rest of my life.   He tried and couldnt get.  He went to get pliers as I stood there saying "Where's my Mommy, she always fixed my zippers"   I gave it one more tug and Viola I am no longer wearing the coat.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Mark. I’m surprised that I don’t have much pain….(yet?) biggest problem is getting my bladder to wake up. I’ve made so many trips to the bathroom with nothing happening.

That happened after my thyroidectomy. Run the tap and be patient. Mine got better after a few days.

• Like 1

Here is my granddaughter’s quilt- actually it’s just the top, there’s still some work to do. I thought I would do a crazy quilt, but it turns out that is too much chaos for me, so I had to border it!

I note that Gus tried to get in the photo. My dining room/ quilt room has French doors, so he’s not usually in there! 

IMG_1452.jpeg

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

That happened after my thyroidectomy. Run the tap and be patient. Mine got better after a few days.

I may have to try that. I remember having the same issue on my first knee replacement. Wasn’t a issue with my second as they had trouble inserting a catheter and they inserted it after sedation and then they had me leave it in for a week.

Thanks John!!!

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog

Hey Greg.

Thankful all went well with your surgery today and your not in a lot of pain!  I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

3 minutes ago, derorim said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I’m happy your surgery went well.  But words cannot express the sadness in my heart over the violence after the parade today.  Hugs to you and Linda. Tears for the victims.

Thank you that means a lot.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Here is my granddaughter’s quilt- actually it’s just the top, there’s still some work to do. I thought I would do a crazy quilt, but it turns out that is too much chaos for me, so I had to border it!

I note that Gus tried to get in the photo. My dining room/ quilt room has French doors, so he’s not usually in there! 

IMG_1452.jpeg

That is a beautiful top.  I love all the colors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ocean Boy  Can you please explain this in layman’s terms?  I am reading this as major surgery requiring 6-12 months recovery.8426ADE5-D8CA-4FC6-AFB9-94A9B39F926F.jpeg.b1dd1736ecce45d93e779e04df864192.jpeg

9BE46702-53F6-4339-8E9E-AEBE08C16543.thumb.jpeg.4c5b75564f138217daf518fe1a88d0e1.jpeg

Good interpretation of the x-ray requires views from at least two different angles since they are two dimensional studies looking at a 3 dimensional situation. It also requires examination of the area as there are several ligaments that contribute to the stability of the area and I don't know if they have been disrupted. However, from what I can see, this could be a very unstable fracture. The fix may well involve more than just casting the area including surgery and fixation with hardware ie. screws plates, etc.

Again, it is hard to formulate an opinion based on a one view x-ray and no examination so reality may end up being different from what I'm thinking. Please keep me updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Pain meds can contribute to the issue. They discharged you before you were able to urinate on your own?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

IMG_1452.jpeg

Great job!   I'm sure your GD will love and cherish for many years😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Haven’t seen you on here for a while.  I thought maybe you got your RV out and went camping.  This campground is open year round, and those full time campers have been lucky with no snow. 

This one has a nice setup with a starlink antenna. 

IMG_0666.thumb.jpeg.5b861cad0c8107705d5b65b051689217.jpeg

It was 17° last night, so these win the hearty camper award. 

IMG_0662.jpeg.f013b61f47d2d57a23a190b55da2aea9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9