Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Tree_skier said:

I’m tempted just so I can sail with the great @Sea Dog but that week doesn’t really work for me as well as we have that exact one booked in Dec. I need to book August or September to for it in the calendar. 

Funny thing after we booked this I looked at my other scheduled cruises and this exact ship and itinerary is also booked for us on Bella 3. Checked with wife and she’s ok doing the same ship and itinerary 3 months later.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Where are you staying?

Secrets Cap Cana

15 hours ago, maggieq said:

@bobmacliberty  looks lovely.  We never been.  Aruba is always our land  based vacation choice.    How was the food?

Food is good, sometimes very good.  Nothing yet that I’d call great. Variety is great though. Lots of options including their version of the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Funny thing after we booked this I looked at my other scheduled cruises and this exact ship and itinerary is also booked for us on Bella 3. Checked with wife and she’s ok doing the same ship and itinerary 3 months later.

It’s a great itinerary. Sadly it’s a long way out for me. 

IMG_1952.jpeg

• Like 1

@Luckynana That is the million dollar question!  I am probably brining 2 suitcases and a tote bag!  Just hope I can handle it all 😆.

@Sea Dog  I wish we could join you but we have a Thanksgiving cruise this year so that is too close together and Dave is still working!   We will have to wait till Bella 2 and 2.5 to be with you again!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@Sea Dog  I wish we could join you but we have a Thanksgiving cruise this year so that is too close together and Dave is still working!   We will have to wait till Bella 2 and 2.5 to be with you again!

This is for next year in 2025 after Bella 2.0 and 2.5 and before Bella 3.0

16 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Compared to the Equinox, how do you like the Reflection?

Well, Reflection carries more passengers and sometimes it affects the MDR experience.  On Equinox we seldom had to wait for a table and if we did it was just 5-10 minutes.  On Reflection, anytime we’ve gone from 5:50 to 6:30 we are always quoted 30-35 minutes wait and given a pager.  And told it only works at the Martini Bar or Cellar Masters.  The problem there is the Martini Bar is always mobbed at that time and Cellar Masters is a tomb and very hard to get a drink.  On Equinox Cellar Masters has been converted to Craft Social and it’s much easier to get a drink.

That conundrum is balanced by the Reflection’s improved Sunset Bar…however that is counter balanced by the reduction of half of the Sky Lounge…

I never have had a bad cruise so I’d sail any S Class ship.  (As Abraham Lincoln said “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”)  If the itinerary and price were exactly the same at the time I want to cruise I’d select Equinox.  And Equinox is going to be sailing out of Port Canaveral next year!!  Closer to us!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked a cruise for October 18, 2025. Oasis of the Seas 8 night out of Fort Lauderdale going to Aruba, Curacao and Perfect Day. Four sea days in all.

Come join us!!!!!!!

Very tempting. We are booked on Enchantment out of Tampa for the ABC islands in April of 2025- but my son has let us know that he’s probably being deployed from Christmas of 2024 to the summer. 

We are the alternate parents for his German Shepherd. Thor is a very nice dog, but we will probably move the cruise, because getting an alternate sitter for 2 weeks for a 100 lb German Shepherd is likely not going to happen. 

Oh well. It will give me time to work on his instinct to chase squirrels and jackrabbits. He is pretty good about that, but not perfect! 

By the way, that cruise is now insanely expensive. If it wasn’t for the destination, I wouldn’t have. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, Reflection carries more passengers and sometimes it affects the MDR experience.  On Equinox we seldom had to wait for a table and if we did it was just 5-10 minutes.  On Reflection, anytime we’ve gone from 5:50 to 6:30 we are always quoted 30-35 minutes wait and given a pager.  And told it only works at the Martini Bar or Cellar Masters.  The problem there is the Martini Bar is always mobbed at that time and Cellar Masters is a tomb and very hard to get a drink.  On Equinox Cellar Masters has been converted to Craft Social and it’s much easier to get a drink.

That conundrum is balanced by the Reflection’s improved Sunset Bar…however that is counter balanced by the reduction of half of the Sky Lounge…

I never have had a bad cruise so I’d sail any S Class ship.  (As Abraham Lincoln said “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”)  If the itinerary and price were exactly the same at the time I want to cruise I’d select Equinox.  And Equinox is going to be sailing out of Port Canaveral next year!!  Closer to us!!

Thanks for your thoughts. We have been on the Equinox many times and love that ship. But Reflection will be new to us and we have a couple booked on her.

I am very happy about the Equinox coming to PC even if its for a bit. PC is around one hour 15 mts  away from us and "our home port". I wish they had some more interesting itineraries on the Equinox from PC and I hope they bring her back or homeport her here. We will be on the Equinox March 4 and I am always thrilled as if it were my first time.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2024 at 8:26 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Season 3 just started last Thursday on TV.   What season did you end?

I just DVR’d season 3 on SyFy but I am starting with episode 2.Hopefully there will be a re cap of ep.1 or else I guess I can either watch it on Demand or wait till it resumes on Netflix.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Very tempting. We are booked on Enchantment out of Tampa for the ABC islands in April of 2025- but my son has let us know that he’s probably being deployed from Christmas of 2024 to the summer. 

We are the alternate parents for his German Shepherd. Thor is a very nice dog, but we will probably move the cruise, because getting an alternate sitter for 2 weeks for a 100 lb German Shepherd is likely not going to happen. 

Oh well. It will give me time to work on his instinct to chase squirrels and jackrabbits. He is pretty good about that, but not perfect! 

By the way, that cruise is now insanely expensive. If it wasn’t for the destination, I wouldn’t have. 

Yeah pricing is outrageous. Looked at a 7 night from San Juan on Rhapsody and it was over $3200 for a balcony. Most we ever pause for a 7 nighter out of SJ was $2500.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

She is looking so relaxed! Is she settling in well?

She is getting along well with the other cats and starting to play with the younger ones.  She is eating well, has been fixed and sleeps on my pillow every night. Right now she and Reba are running through the house playing tag.

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like the artificial turf was a great investment. 👍

I can’t tell you how happy we are with this investment. Made all the difference in the world for us and the dogs. Really did well in the winter with snow and rain.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like the artificial turf was a great investment. 👍

@Sea Dog Greg, I was thinking the same.  Its looking good Charlie & Lizzie must give you hours of entertainment with their tussling and other shenanigans.

Your cruise is tempting. That date works for me and I’ve always wanted to cruise on an Oasis ship as they don’t cruise down here and it would lovely to finally meet you. Just depends on DDs availability.

• Like 5

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I was thinking the same.  Its looking good Charlie & Lizzie must give you hours of entertainment with their tussling and other shenanigans.

Your cruise is tempting. That date works for me and I’ve always wanted to cruise on an Oasis ship as they don’t cruise down here and it would lovely to finally meet you. Just depends on DDs availability.

That would be great if you could join us. I would love to finally meet you.

• Like 4