Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Mine went to over 20 before I decided to do red about 16 months ago , now my psa is under 1 😁😁, got lucky very successful radiation . Had a interesting thing happen on Sunday after done and a show , got dizzy and passed out , was only out for a few seconds, but had the worse hack pain I ever had went to ER yesterday morning and just. Got out of the hospital a hour ago . Did lots of test originally my kidney function was terrible, did cat scan etc , this morning everything was back to normal , was worried about cruise and vacation in just a couple of weeks. Will take it easy this week, of course this isn’t as bad as many other medical issues some are going thru .

Oh George that’s horrible. I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’ve passed out a couple of times. Usually after being dehydrated. I wonder what happened. I’m happy everything is back to normal. Yes taking it easy before your cruise would be in order. Wishing you continued health and hopefully a stress free cruise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh George that’s horrible. I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’ve passed out a couple of times. Usually after being dehydrated. I wonder what happened. I’m happy everything is back to normal. Yes taking it easy before your cruise would be in order. Wishing you continued health and hopefully a stress free cruise.

That’s what they thought the problem was dehydration, wife drinks a couple of gallons a day , I normally just a couple of glasses and of course the water in my ice cubes. Kidney doctor always tells me that also. It was scary , luckily my  body rebounded well. I thank you for your thoughts, considering I will be 75 soon I haven’t had that medical issues compared to many .

• Like 6

Just now, George C said:

That’s what they thought the problem was dehydration, wife drinks a couple of gallons a day , I normally just a couple of glasses and of course the water in my ice cubes. Kidney doctor always tells me that also. It was scary , luckily my  body rebounded well. I thank you for your thoughts, considering I will be 75 soon I haven’t had that medical issues compared to many .

I'm the same way. I never drink enough water. Too much diet cole and ice with cocktails does not count. 😉 I even need to be better on a cruise drinking water.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It was over 6 is what the doctor said. I had been in the 4.5 range which is elevated. The bad thing is the screening was done in October before my knee replacement and my general doctor should have seen the results and said something.

Good luck with the Biopsy Greg.

A friend who had prostate cancer his PSA was in the 100s but treatment has brought it down to under 1.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

@firefly333, I am happy to hear that you have a "moving on" plan.  I did much the same when my parents passed.  Since I lived "away" and the rest of them were local, I just said, "take it all" and I moved on.  I have virtually nothing from my parents....but that's ok.

Good luck with the move.  I know that will be a tough one.  We moved from VA to FL and your move will be even further.  You are SO SMART to hire someone else to do it.  We moved ourselves.  UGH.  No bueno.  

How's your hand/arm doing ?  Last time I saw you, you still had a brace.

I dont remember having a brace. Once they put the metal plate inside my wrist and reattached the long bones in my arm there wasnt a sling or brace. Hurt a lot but no brace. Its about 90%. I tried to pull myself onto the carousel on harmony and was reminded that I cant make a tight fist. Felt stupid, lol, should have been so easy to grab and pull myself onto a animal. 

I just know big boxes are too heavy for me to handle. If there were 2 of us moving I'd plan on doing more, but isnt going to happen. 

As far as my bil, there have been times when we just had to say if he was a genius he woukdnt have married my sister who is a slow learner. Just a week ago he told me he was thinking of changing from gas to electric heat because he thinks the gas is leaking. The house is mlre than twice the sq footage and he keeps the house 75 to 78. And a artic blast came thru in January. Turn down the thermostat, the gas isnt leaking. How he and his daughter cleaned out the house will have to go down in that category. We talked and he told me his latest excuse. I said to him in a calm voice the family agrees with me, even a moran would know you dont go thru someones safe without asking. He told me get over it and that's that. There used to be old stock certificates in the safe I wanted. It's not about money. $2 bills, stuff my dad and I saved in there. 

He wanted to go to maine. I got online and got it all fixed up but he needed to put up a credit card. Hes never ever used a credit card, and still hasnt. We gave up the idea. Now they might just take a trip out west, where they can stay with my cousin and book a pkg at the train that takes you to the Grand Canyon. Drive. Not fly. His idea of a vacation is drive and drive and look for a vacancy sign at a hotel along the way. I said that wouldnt work flying to bar harbor and a rental car, and you have to commit to a certain  number of days ahead of time. Nope. 

This is something I have to just let go. Not everyone has the same mental capabilities. Or able to be logical. hes a hard worker and the house sparkles. So clean the kitchen really as I said seems to sparkle. Never looked so good. When they got married he said to mom and me how we just underestimated karen. She could do laundry, take clothes out of the dryer and fold them, set the table. Mom and I just looked at each other. Sure enough by 6 months later he was doing everything, she could fall if he let her do the clothes etc. Its easier to just do it yourself than get her to do anything. If he doesnt mind doing all the work, great for everyone. He calls her his little angel. Lol.

I was more than happy to sign over my half of thr house to her trust. It's all hers. I agree with renee who said about being in a cabin where someone died. I dont want to live where my parents lived. 

Onward and upward. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As an avid reader of English mysteries, I'll go also with Mark's, Andrew's and HBE4 "interpretation" -- eavesdropping/lurker 😉

+ 1 Greg @Sea Dog

... And, as if this horrible ongoing war is not enough to make me very sad, one of our BFF, Alex, had a stroke last week, rendering him unable to use his right side 😢😢.

When I arrived to the special new immigrants school, almost 60 years ago, Alex (a "veteran" of 2 years) took me under his wing -- both in helping with the Hebrew/math/bible lessons and with the work we had to perform (milking cows, leaving him the "nervous" ones...).

Despite our difficult beginnings, he went on to earn a Ph.D. in science teaching from East Lansing, MI, and, until the stroke, was working at the Weizmann Institute.

Just more than a month ago I finally managed to persuade him and his DW to take their first cruise, a Rhine river one, and Ken ( @Ourusualbeach) found them an excellent cabin. I was so happy for them, flights and hotels booked also...

Today he was moved to a rehabilitation facility. I'm hoping that with a lot of PT, he will regain, in due time, at least some of his motoric capacities.

Extreme left in the pic, during our golden wedding dinner anniversary. On the right side, Alex's 3rd cousin, Miriam, whom I met through him, and to this day she's my BFF.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6b2a065893a1ca9fb71e0a366b56c8f.jpeg

Dani @dani negreanu.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted for your friend Alex.

Hopefully he fully regains control of his right side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me interesting downtown miami, bricknell area, where hotels are, prices are crazy good imo. I saw a new listing alert last week sure was a good price. CNBC just had a guy on and a oversupply of condos in bricknell area, miami beach though is in demand. It really depends where you are looking.

I kinda briefly thought about it, but I'm tired of city living, wanted a quieter area. Downtown miami idk if safe or not but i doubt I'd love living there, even though its close to a port. I'm on a neighborhood app and every day i see someone had something stolen. Someone posted the hood of their truck was stolen. I think smaller areas like PC are safer. I hope I'm not wrong. I dont feel safe here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

To me interesting downtown miami, bricknell area, where hotels are, prices are crazy good imo. I saw a new listing alert last week sure was a good price. CNBC just had a guy on and a oversupply of condos in bricknell area, miami beach though is in demand. It really depends where you are looking.

I kinda briefly thought about it, but I'm tired of city living, wanted a quieter area. Downtown miami idk if safe or not but i doubt I'd love living there, even though its close to a port. I'm on a neighborhood app and every day i see someone had something stolen. Someone posted the hood of their truck was stolen. I think smaller areas like PC are safer. I hope I'm not wrong. I dont feel safe here.

We tried the Hilton in brickell but now always book the doubletree since they have lots of restaurants and bars and even a liquor store in lobby they share with Marriott, we will be there in exactly 3 weeks before our music charter, love waking up and seeing our ship from our balcony.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, George C said:

book the doubletree since they have lots of restaurants and bars and even a liquor store in lobby they share with Marriott,

Which Doubletree is this in Miami?

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Awesome! Horns, whistles, yelling, they are all good!

Are you enjoying Adventure? I haven't been aboard in a few years but enjoyed every cruise on her.

Yeah, it’s been good. Food has been good, service in the main dining room has been above average. I’ve enjoyed the entertainment that I’ve seen so far. The ship is full, but it doesn’t feel unnaturally crowded.

As a diamond I have had full access to the Crown lounge all day. This morning when I went to get my morning cappuccino, the machine was not working but the diamond concierge was there and quickly fixed it for me. Otherwise it’s been working the whole time. 

But for my little extension cord hiccup everything has been great.

• Like 14

Dani- So very sorry that your dear friend had a stroke.

I am hoping that PT and the stay at the rehab center will help him greatly toward a good recovery.

I am certain that the care and concern that both you and.your DH give him will aid his recovery.

Wishing blessings for him and you and DH.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Very nice. I hope you had fun in St. Thomas. Go anywhere?

No just into town for drinks and shopping. I had an excursion booked, but they canceled it on me for some unknown reason. Instead of just booking something last minute I thought I would just head into town today.

Surprisingly, I met a couple of acquaintances that I hadn’t seen in years who are from Little Rock.  They were on a celebrity cruise. 

I’ve got a beach day scheduled tomorrow.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 8

43 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Dani- So very sorry that your dear friend had a stroke.

I am hoping that PT and the stay at the rehab center will help him greatly toward a good recovery.

I am certain that the care and concern that both you and.your DH give him will aid his recovery.

Wishing blessings for him and you and DH.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

@dani negreanu I would like to echo MJ’s comments for your dear friend Alex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm doing alittle better. Went to the urologist and they took out the catheter. If things don't get better they may have to put it back in. Main thing he is worried about is my PSA is very high. They want to do a biopsy for prostrate cancer. I am not looking forward to that but I need to do something.

Sorry to hear this Greg.  Hope you get it checked sooner rather than later and that all will be well.  

@dani negreanu I’m so very sorry about your dear friend.  Prayers for all of you 🙏.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu  Dani, so sorry to hear about your dear friend Alex. I hope that PT and rehab gets him back into good shape for his upcoming cruise. 

@Sea Dog  Greg, I’m so dry you are going through health issues. I am glad they saw this sooner rather then later so treatment can be administered and get you back in good shape quicker. 

@George CGeorge, that must have been scary. Did they check your sugar levels?  I hope it’s not anything serious and does not happen again. Drink your water 😀

Edited by #55worktoplay
Auto correct
  • Like 3