Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Loved him on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Rest in Peace Richard.

In 2005 I was at a Mets baseball game and Richard Lewis was sitting in the same row as me and my friends who I went to the game with.He started a conversation with us about baseball and music .

• Like 3

Today I entered a contest from a NY movie theater to pick 4 categories at the Oscars .Best picture,Director,actor and actress.The theater owners have a contest every year and I have been entering since 2003.I won several times,most recently 2013.The prize is tickets to movies that can be used from April to September .

My entry this year :

Picture -Oppenheimer

Director-Christopher Nolan

Actress-Emma Stone

Actor- Cillian Murphy

• Like 8

Are the Texas residents of this family safe and OK?

Bethany, George C, Bonnie (who has been very quiet here?) and the rest of them, apologize if I didn't mention your name.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Bethany, George C, Bonnie (who has been very quiet here?) and the rest of them, apologize if I didn't mention your name.

Because of the pan handle huge wild fire, or just in general? 

A bit of nerves here. I'm hoping the title company sends me closing figures soonish. We close Monday and my bank is a smallish branch. Not that precise to make a appointment to wire the funds so I'm hoping they send by tomorrow. I might email them and jog their memory. 

Anything in particular texas wise?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I live in Dallas area so does Bonnie the fires are hundreds of miles away , we had rain today hopefully it rained in that area also. Thanks for asking . 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The other day, the weatherman mentioned there will be hazy skies due to the wildfires. I thought it was way to early in the year for the Canadian wildfires but a later report clarified it was from the Texas panhandle.  The Smokehouse Creek fires which - ironically - is near the town of Canadian,Texas. Coincidence? 🤠

Anyways, the haze wasn't so bad but the dramatic weather change was. After a few mild, spring like days of high 50's, almost May-like 60 degree days, a cold front roared in last night, torrential rain, 60 mph winds and a 30+ degree drop in the temperature. Woke up to high 20's today & lots of downed branches.  Thankfully we didn't lost power.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

We're travelling on our airline staff tickets and Gary's direct BA flight is full so we're probably going back on Emirates via Dubai. Flight is tomorrow night and I've booked us into a day room at a hotel so we can relax before the night flight to Dubai

Safe travels, Sue and Gary.  Beautiful pictures of what looks like a great couple of days!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry, but we sailed in 9638 on Quantum.  Can't help with 13190.

Beautiful place you and Michelline stayed at, Bob!  Thank you for sharing your pictures, as well as your commentary about your visit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've sent Bonnie @BonTexasNY an email a week ago, after noticing she didn't post for a while.... No answer. I'm WORRIED.

Oh, no!  I also noticed that Bonnie has not been posting.  Hopefully they are on a wonderful vacation🙏

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've sent Bonnie @BonTexasNY an email a week ago, after noticing she didn't post for a while.... No answer. I'm WORRIED.

I've also noticed that she's not online as much as she used to be. Hopefully just busy catching up with old friends. 

Also noticed that our resident bad boy @Jimbo hasn't posted in a while either. Monopoly again?😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Because of the pan handle huge wild fire, or just in general? 

A bit of nerves here. I'm hoping the title company sends me closing figures soonish. We close Monday and my bank is a smallish branch. Not that precise to make a appointment to wire the funds so I'm hoping they send by tomorrow. I might email them and jog their memory. 

Anything in particular texas wise?

No, nothing in particular, but  just read about the fire and everyone came to mind immediately...

I read your posts about your home, quilts, brother in law, your cruises, etc etc. Very interesting read always. Wish you the best with your move and I am looking forward to meeting you on Bella 2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Anyways, the haze wasn't so bad but the dramatic weather change was. After a few mild, spring like days of high 50's, almost May-like 60 degree days, a cold front roared in last night, torrential rain, 60 mph winds and a 30+ degree drop in the temperature. Woke up to high 20's today & lots of downed branches.  Thankfully we didn't lost power.

Same story here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The other day, the weatherman mentioned there will be hazy skies due to the wildfires. I thought it was way to early in the year for the Canadian wildfires but a later report clarified it was from the Texas panhandle.  The Smokehouse Creek fires which - ironically - is near the town of Canadian,Texas. Coincidence? 🤠

We had that same weather, except woke up to light snow this morning. At least now the sun is out.

Our grandson was sick last night, so we said we could watch him today while he is off school.   Wasn’t here more than three hours, and Susan got sick, so she went home to bed.  I sure hope I don’t get these flu symptoms.  Susan has had it, on and off, for at least four weeks now.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

No, nothing in particular, but  just read about the fire and everyone came to mind immediately...

I read your posts about your home, quilts, brother in law, your cruises, etc etc. Very interesting read always. Wish you the best with your move and I am looking forward to meeting you on Bella 2.

I too look forward to meeting you.

my chase bank branch is sometimes not as great at doing things as I'd like, too small of a branch perhaps. I emailed and the title company got right back to me on the amount I  need to wire so I jumped in the car and came up, though I know its lunch time. One guy working the back who said you want to wire money today. Well yes today. Well I'm leaving soon, and the other guy is at a meeting and dont know when he will be back but the tellers can wire money.  Ok .

Waited for a teller, over his limit. Lol need a mgr to approve. Did I bring my passport, no. The guy who left knows me well, has done quite a few transactions with me before. Showed a bunch of different IDs. Do i write checks, not very often. What was the amount of the last one. Idk. I have everything mostly on auto pay. How much ssn is deposited monthly. I havent looked since last year. The amount varys as medicare is subtracted. And medicare is based on how much i made. I guessed wrong lol.  I dont check, i assume they figure it out and it changed last month. 

She finally said ok lol. She will put it thru in a couple of hours. It will be in by tomorrow. Good thing i went in early. Only 2 tellers and the other teller was taken up by a old lady in a wheelchair who had someone pushing her wanting to get into her box and didnt have any ID. Lol. ..and the line got longer and longer for a teller. Really there should be someone in the back to do stuff like this today. Was more of a hassle than I expected. I tried not to laugh when the old lady said a ID, no I dont carry a purse. You dont have a social security card or a ID, no. Those tellers are having a bad day.

• Like 3

Ok I have a question for my music and tech experts here: Greg, Bob, Mark, and all

There is some music I listen to on You tube regularly. I bookmarked the link and use it from there.

is there a way to download the file  to my phone (Samsung S21) and i pad and not go via a browser and you tube to listen to it?
Thanks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Ok I have a question for my music and tech experts here: Greg, Bob, Mark, and all

There is some music I listen to on You tube regularly. I bookmarked the link and use it from there.

is there a way to download the file  to my phone (Samsung S21) and i pad and not go via a browser and you tube to listen to it?
Thanks.

I think you have to have a premium account with YouTube to do that. I don't know how much it costs. I just have a subscription to Spotify (Apple Music is another alternative) which has just about song I've ever wanted to listen to.

There are ways to take a YouTube video address and convert the file to an mp3 audio file that you can then store on your phone and listen to when ever you want. However, YouTube has become smarter over the years an found ways to block those sites from accessing YouTube files in order to do the conversion.

If you have an unlimited data plan, so that you are not tied to an internet connection, Spotify is only something like $11 a month. It is much less time consuming than doing pirated audio conversions of YouTube video files. When I don't have an internet connection I just stream with cellular data. I do have my home music collection (from when CDs were a thing) all on my phone as well as on a thumb drive that I keep in the car. Though in the car I mostly listen to XM Radio.

Also keep in mind that anything you are able to download from YouTube with a subscription is going to be a video file that is going to take up much more of your phone's memory than an mp3 audio file will.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our grandson was sick last night, so we said we could watch him today while he is off school.   Wasn’t here more than three hours, and Susan got sick, so she went home to bed.  I sure hope I don’t get these flu symptoms.  Susan has had it, on and off, for at least four weeks now.

I hope Susan and your grandson feel better quickly.  My grandson is home sick today;  my other grandson finally went back to school last week.  Flu and stomach bug is hitting our town in NJ pretty badly.  On another note, Covid has been going around in my Community here in Naples since we got here.  Fingers crossed🫰  I've been doing my best to avoid it before our cruise...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is Leap Day.   I was supposed to be born on Leap Day, but wasn’t till six days later.  

I could have still been a teenager!

They had a story on abc morning news there was about 150 passengers all of them were born on leap day it was on rccl I think ship was Freedom.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've also noticed that she's not online as much as she used to be. Hopefully just busy catching up with old friends. 

Also noticed that our resident bad boy @Jimbo hasn't posted in a while either. Monopoly again?😉

I hope both of them are just busy doing other things and choosing not to be on CC VS other alternatives.  

• Like 5