Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So my Grandson broke his wrist a couple of weeks back or so ago.  He was riding a dirt bike and decided use the small hill leading to the back of the property as a jump.  It all ended bad involving a tree stump.

The official diagnosis was that he fractured his distal radius and ulna styloid. 

****Below is for @Ocean Boy*****

Viewrecentphotos.thumb.jpeg.1880e31dc05b58cc94f670a0ecd76a2b.jpeg

Apparently Comminuted is the bad one.  Surgery was a week and a half ago and it required pins and plates of some sort...  

Today he got the cast thing off.

IMG_1230.thumb.jpeg.f732e90eece970974fe19519cf7c7dd6.jpeg

His arm is all shriveled up.  I warned him that that was what was likely to happen but he was horrified when he actually saw it.  He works out and is quite fit.  He's quite concerned it's going to stay that way.  The doctor assured him once his therapy is complete he can get back to working it in the gym and he will look normal.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 10

On 5/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, Arzeena said:

Do you like the pinnacle benefits better or the zenith ones you will be getting?
People on the Celebrity boards think the zenith benefits are better and most are poo pooing the pinnacle ones. I cannot give my opinion because we are not pinnacle or zenith, but we believe that compared to other cruise lines, Royal's benefits cannot be beat (at least at the D plus level).

We think Royals D+ is great.  It’s kept us coming back.  But since we want to do some with Celebrity now I’m glad they are making more similar benefits.  I asked DH if he wanted to book more cruises and get to Pinnacle/Zenith.  So we booked another cruise today.  We just can’t do more than about 100 nights/ points a year but maybe by 2027…..free internet would be great.  It will depend on how crazy pricing gets. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So my Grandson broke his wrist a couple of weeks back or so ago.  He was riding a dirt bike and decided use the small hill leading to the back of the property as a jump.  It all ended bad involving a tree stump.

The official diagnosis was that he fractured his distal radius and ulna styloid. 

Apparently Comminuted is the bad one.  Surgery was a week and a half ago and it required pins and plates of some sort...  

His arm is all shriveled up.  I warned him that that was what was likely to happen but he was horrified when he actually saw it.  He works out and is quite fit.  He's quite concerned it's going to stay that way.  The doctor assured him once his therapy is complete he can get back to working it in the gym and he will look normal.

Ouch!

33 minutes ago, George C said:

They told her because of the exposed bone surgery was needed not sure if they can save fingernail. 

Ouch. Hoping for a full recovery.

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So sorry that happened. My knee after knee replacement looked like that. It will heal and look better with time. Tell him to hang in there.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, George C said:

They told her because of the exposed bone surgery was needed not sure if they can save fingernail. 

Oh Yuck. That's awful! Poor Shelaigh. That was a very serious door injury. 😟

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The CT scan must be very interesting.

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The CT scan must be very interesting.

I'll ask if that is something he got a copy of... 

My son-in-law is the senior RN at his facility and quite inquisitive... I could see him asking for it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am mostly knitting tops this year but I did manage to finish this shawl.

20240531_093400.thumb.jpg.7262b469cb2ccdfd65ed4accfd35b965.jpg

Gorgeous, Karen!   You are so talented!

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on your grandsons birthdays and your eye treatment ,Maryanne.

Thank you, Lenny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Oh no!  Poor Shelagh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Your poor grandson!  It looks like it has to hurt quite a bit!  I hope he heals quickly and gets him arm looking normal again.  Poor kid!

• Like 1

@George C & @Tree_skiersorry your wife & grandson have had nasty injuries. Wishing them both a full recovery.

DH’s nephew has been crocheting some beautiful beanies (torques) since being bedridden from his nasty snowboarding accident.  He is hoping he will finally able to put weight on his leg soon.

DD still has issues with her ankle.  Swelling after a long day standing.  She has bought a mountain bike and is starting some riding in her free time.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well idk if anyone if I tested, but I will never ever ever move again if I get thru this.

I was supposed to do the Monday to monday 1 week cruise on mariner and entirely my fault, didnt board. I'd been on the edge of exhaustion for a good month not s,keeping or eating well. The 2 reasons I couldnt move last year were to file taxes for me and my sister and homestead the house i signed over to her.

I've called my broker at ubs who turns out is now a senior VP, i knew he was super duper, he tried to call today but i was busy and will follow up next week. For reasons idk my sister had $2500 taxes withheld, but i didnt get a notice. I'm hoping i dknt have to file a amended return with the cpa in dallas. Her check had to be snail  ailed from the IRS and my sister and bil decided to take a last minute vacation same week as my missed cruise. They left Wednesday and the check from the IRS came 2 days later. It wouldnt have been safe,their mail boxes sit out on the street and they have a rear entrance garage.

The other thing to homestead the house, I put in for jan 1sr. All they need is a texas ID with a address that matches the house in my sisters name. I've asked bil 25 times but he blew it off. I then tried online, phone and email, says cannot verify, come in in person. So the monday before the movers come the 3 of us finally go there in person. The old texas ID never expired but the new ones have expiration date. Not only that but to change her address to the new system requires either a non expired passport or original birth certificate. He could have taken her in, without me, but noooo. Anyway now it's being mailed and I asked him to take a copy, snail mail it to me so I can send it via email as a attachment and hopefully then she is homesteaded. 

• Like 6

On 5/29/2024 at 1:23 AM, sgmn said:

Ha ha, no passports required. The board on the site says its maintained by a trust. 

The main point of Runnymede is because of the Magna Carta,  written in 1215 which was the first step in limiting the powers of the monarch and giving power to the people.

An interesting place to visit if you're over here and close to Windsor and London 

Thank you, Sue! I was waiting to reply to this post. I just finished "The Chronicles of St Mary's". All 14 books by Jodi Taylor who is a British author. It is historical fantasy. They were really delightful and entertaining. 

There is time travel. But described as "historians viewing historic events in contemporary time." ☺️ The adventures are historically accurate, and quite interesting. 

But anyway, one of their adventures is King John sealing the Magna Carta in 1215 at Runnymede, and the significance of giving more power to the people. As well as the other historical figures at the signing. 

In addition to being entertained, I actually learned (or re-learned) quite a bit. Thanks for posting about it, and your gorgeous photos. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Moving. It's been 97 in dallas. Movers cant move hazardous or liquids. All drawers have to be empty I'm told. I was quoted just under $$7500. Remember this is a tiny house 1107 sf. Huge kitchen a garage and a few small rooms, one bedroom set up. 2 closets. Went over the inventory list twice. 4 movers show up last Monday and I see they packed my closets, hanging up empty hangers, and tee shirts. Throw them in the box. Hangers dont need to be hung in special wardrobe boxes. I was busy packing my car, was too hot to pack ahead. Nothing moved from garage, except my ladder, none of my cleaning products from under kitchen sink, nothing from the bathrooms, equal my scales, rest are liquids. Head guy says you've used up your allowed space, and of course I say I want my bedroom packed too lol. Price winds up over 9k. Imo that's a bait and switch. They asked when I wanted it delivered. I said today friday. 

Turns out now they say it can be up to 12 BUSINESS days from last tuesday. I said I moved Monday right before the tornadoes hit. I'm still seeing posts from neighbors no power or off and on power 5 days later so I am lucky I got out monday. So I push on thru and last I heard from them she says if I dont hear from the movers by june 6 or june 7 contact customer service again. What? Guy who sold it to me also said I might know a week ahead, the truth is they text within 24 to 48 hours when they will come. It's been so hot. The coolest day was 96 and was 101 I noticed when I hit I10 biloxi. The heat and humidity not helping. So I am at the condo last Wednesday and now know why rhe increase in HOA. They are replacing both elevators. Tuesday my realtor said they were fine. Wednesday the one working is shaking and stopping at floor 5 every trip a long time. I spent 2 hours in the heat unloading my car and gave up, finished unloading today, but right now only 1 of 2 elevators is working. Bet that costs me extra.

The good news is I love the new condo. Right now I'm wishing it wasnt top floor 8 with the slow elevator the whole bldg is sharing. Hotels cost a fortune to me. The one I was at last night said a AAA tournament is in melbourne. Over $200. Avid. Never heard of it. Stayed in the cutest boutique hotel in Tallahassee I've ever seen I loved. Most of the hotels are 100% sold. Where I am now he said is full friday and Saturday so I'm lucky I booked yesterday. The hotels along the road 520? To Merritt island look run down to me, wouldnt stay at any I saw. Cocoa isnt much, not cocoa beach, cocoa. I'm here and could sit here in a hotel another week or more. I do absolutely love the new condo. I planned to buy new furniture when I got moved, so imo I didnt move that much. 3 guys who barely spoke english and a head mover who upped the contract. Wait until they find out only one elevator works. I have to give 24 hours notice to this guy on the property so he can pad the one working elevator. So far either his number doesnt work or I just leave messages he doesnnt return. My self install spectrum equipment arrived today, I'm going to hire someone to install. I still feel exhausted and not eating enough. Supposed to maybe be under 90 tomorrow. I arrived in florida tuesday and here Wednesday and just trying to get stuff set up. Now I need my stuff delivered. I am stressed to the max, but here safe and sound in a hotel. I dont even have a chair in the new condo to sit on yet. I love the huge walk in closets. I love it's so big. Some welcoming committee lady raved over how much she loved my counter tops and deep double sink, so I'm guessing she doesnt have that in hers. Agreeable grey isnt very grey but the place is clean and looking fabulous to my eyes. Anyway, that's why I've hardly been posting. I'm just too tired. Not mad or upset at anyone.. just tired and not sleeping enough. Or eating enough. No appetite. Went to publix tonight, first time in over 20 years. Ate at sonnys BBQ the other night, I thought I was in dallas lol. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Well idk if anyone if I tested, but I will never ever ever move again if I get thru this.

I was supposed to do the Monday to monday 1 week cruise on mariner and entirely my fault, didnt board. I'd been on the edge of exhaustion for a good month not s,keeping or eating well. The 2 reasons I couldnt move last year were to file taxes for me and my sister and homestead the house i signed over to her.

I've called my broker at ubs who turns out is now a senior VP, i knew he was super duper, he tried to call today but i was busy and will follow up next week. For reasons idk my sister had $2500 taxes withheld, but i didnt get a notice. I'm hoping i dknt have to file a amended return with the cpa in dallas. Her check had to be snail  ailed from the IRS and my sister and bil decided to take a last minute vacation same week as my missed cruise. They left Wednesday and the check from the IRS came 2 days later. It wouldnt have been safe,their mail boxes sit out on the street and they have a rear entrance garage.

The other thing to homestead the house, I put in for jan 1sr. All they need is a texas ID with a address that matches the house in my sisters name. I've asked bil 25 times but he blew it off. I then tried online, phone and email, says cannot verify, come in in person. So the monday before the movers come the 3 of us finally go there in person. The old texas ID never expired but the new ones have expiration date. Not only that but to change her address to the new system requires either a non expired passport or original birth certificate. He could have taken her in, without me, but noooo. Anyway now it's being mailed and I asked him to take a copy, snail mail it to me so I can send it via email as a attachment and hopefully then she is homesteaded. 

OMG Jane sounds like a nightmare you are dealing with . I hope it gets better. Enjoy the new condo. It may not be perfect but hopefully it will get better. Thinking of you!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Moving. It's been 97 in dallas. Movers cant move hazardous or liquids. All drawers have to be empty I'm told.

Really? I hope that is not the case. Because I certainly wasn't planning to empty the file cabinet. There is nothing breakable in it. There will be some liquids, but they will be conveniently boxed. We are still working on packing ourselves. 

It does sound very stressful Jane. I haven't interviewed movers yet. And this is stressful enough. Your new place should be a breath of fresh air. 

The unexpected termite work bathroom remodel should be done by next week. The painter pressure washed on Tuesday and will start scraping, sanding and replacing a couple of vents and stucco cracks on Monday. And then they will start painting. This past month has been awful. 

I would actually appreciate 12 to 14 days for the movers to arrive. It is a full house that we are moving to. ☺️

• Like 4

@h20skibum  A very happy birthday to your daughter. I hope , she has a great day celebrating.  Wishing her good health and much happiness.

@Coralc I’m certainly no authority on moving and it depends on the moving company you hire . We did move 3 times in 6 years and the movers did empty drawers to lighten the load . They did not move liquids because of fear of spillage and certainly no hazardous chemicals.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Coralc I’m certainly no authority on moving and it depends on the moving company you hire . We did move 3 times in 6 years and the movers did empty drawers to lighten the load . They did not move liquids because of fear of spillage and certainly no hazardous chemicals.  

Thanks! Not hazardous. I was thinking more in terms of witch hazel, hairspray, scrubbing bubbles and things we will probably take up ourselves. The pesticides will go to household hazardous waste as we clean out the shed. Except for the Dursban. I am keeping the Dursban, and we will move it ourselves. The Metam Sodium will go to HHW, because as much as I would like to find a use for it as a soil sterilant, I haven't been able to. 😄 You have to tarp it, and it smells. And it is pretty toxic. I have thought about using it in the sidewalk/ strip. But neighbors would freak out. 😄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! Not hazardous. I was thinking more in terms of witch hazel, hairspray, scrubbing bubbles and things we will probably take up ourselves. The pesticides will go to household hazardous waste as we clean out the shed. Except for the Dursban. I am keeping the Dursban, and we will move it ourselves. The Metam Sodium will go to HHW, because as much as I would like to find a use for it as a soil sterilant, I haven't been able to. 😄 You have to tarp it, and it smells. And it is pretty toxic. I have thought about using it in the sidewalk/ strip. But neighbors would freak out. 😄

The movers did take my makeup in their air conditioned cab of their truck . Moving from San Diego to Los Angeles in 107° heat I was certain my lipsticks would liquify .  I had many . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck for the new month.

@aussielozzie18 awesome photos of Sydney.

Pauline loved them and wish she was there.

55°F and partly sunny here.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and y'all have a wonderful weekend.

IMG-20240601-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2