Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our youngest grandchild, William, was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society.

Congratulations to William.  That is a great achievement. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

As you can see, I'm still not great at posting pictures.  I didn't realize I posted 2of the same pictures.🧐

It is because you are twice proud of him.  Quite the achievement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to William.  That is a great achievement. 

Thank you, Mark!😊

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is because you are twice proud of him.  Quite the achievement.

Thank you Karen;  I love that!🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was doing some yardwork Saturday.  Trimming rose bushes, etc and now have poison ivy popping up on arms, between fingers, shoulders and the inside corner (near nose) and eyelid.   I had gloves on so not sure how I got on my fingers and between them.

When I woke up this morning I could hardly open my eye, all puffy and gooey.   I put cold compress on then some ice and that really helped.

Luckily enough I had a dermatologist appt for 6 month screening tonight.   All good, no cancer concerns, no scraping.   He gave me a shot and said it's fast acting and should be much better in 1 to 2 days.   

I think it was a cortisone shot but he said a name I never heard of before.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was doing some yardwork Saturday.  Trimming rose bushes, etc and now have poison ivy popping up on arms, between fingers, shoulders and the inside corner (near nose) and eyelid.   I had gloves on so not sure how I got on my fingers and between them.

When I woke up this morning I could hardly open my eye, all puffy and gooey.   I put cold compress on then some ice and that really helped.

Luckily enough I had a dermatologist appt for 6 month screening tonight.   All good, no cancer concerns, no scraping.   He gave me a shot and said it's fast acting and should be much better in 1 to 2 days.   

UGH. I hope it goes away fast!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1. Congratulations😊

Thank you Debbie!😘

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations.  He deserves two pictures!

Thanks Marietta!  How is Charlie?

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure it is very uncomfortable. Does depomedrol sound like what you may have been treated with? That is my usual go to. Hopefully, the discomfort goes away soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no!! Darn yard work and the after-effects!  Thank goodness you had your dermatology appointment and were given the cortisone shot.  I do hope it works fast for you!

My eye is still giving me grief.  I thought it was getting better finally, and then it blew up again.  It's been two weeks and a day so far.  🥺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our youngest grandchild, William, was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society.

IMG_20240604_172731113.jpg

Congratulations to William !  Well done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you have poison ivy in your yard? We have poison oak out here, same difference. But we don't have any in the yard. That is what Roundup Brush Killer is for. ☺️ Sorry you have that miserable itch.

The painters opened a portal today, so we can get out to the backyard and the front yard. The bathroom remodelers will be back again tomorrow. 🙄

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no!! Darn yard work and the after-effects!  Thank goodness you had your dermatology appointment and were given the cortisone shot.  I do hope it works fast for you!

My eye is still giving me grief.  I thought it was getting better finally, and then it blew up again.  It's been two weeks and a day so far.  🥺

I had to get a cortisone shot for a bee sting one time. I am not generally allergic to bees. When I was an insect trapper and we had glue boards inside the traps. This bee climbed out and he was stuck to my arm and was stinging and stinging while he was glued to my lower arm. It kind of swelled up like a football. The doctor said my skin was near tearing in a couple of places. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh  no that sounds terrible. My first house in the dallas area had poison ivy. I hope you can get rid of it in your yard. Not just on you. I wouldnt want you to get it again.

I'm up awake thinking of all that kind of stuff ahead of me, finding a doctor for instance. I see a area above one of my eyes where I had cataract surgery and the skin turned bleached out looking idk if I should worry about, and finding a dentist, and the post office. Made it this far, now tonight having a bit of a panic attack realizing my furniture I spent so much to pack doesnt fit the condo at all. 

I hope it goes away on you and that you can get rid of it so you dont get it again! It is lucky you could get in right away and see a skin doctor. I hope tomorrow when you wake up you are less swollen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Huge co congratulations to your grandson. He must not only be s art but a hard worker. Feel proud, you deserve it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm sure it is very uncomfortable. Does depomedrol sound like what you may have been treated with? That is my usual go to. Hopefully, the discomfort goes away soon.

Depomedrol does not sound familiar.   I'm going to call the office today to ask the name.  It really helped.

It is now 12 hours after the shot and it looks and feels Much better, especially my eye lid.  

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear your eye is still a problem.   Are you doing any type of medicated eye drops?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Do you have poison ivy in your yard? We have poison oak out here, same difference. But we don't have any in the yard. That is what Roundup Brush Killer is for. ☺️ Sorry you have that miserable itch.

The painters opened a portal today, so we can get out to the backyard and the front yard. The bathroom remodelers will be back again tomorrow. 🙄

I'll have to revisit some photos of various poisons as the vines I was pulling out of my rose bushes did not look like poison ivy but maybe they were.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Oh  no that sounds terrible. My first house in the dallas area had poison ivy. I hope you can get rid of it in your yard. Not just on you. I wouldnt want you to get it again.

I'm up awake thinking of all that kind of stuff ahead of me, finding a doctor for instance. I see a area above one of my eyes where I had cataract surgery and the skin turned bleached out looking idk if I should worry about, and finding a dentist, and the post office. Made it this far, now tonight having a bit of a panic attack realizing my furniture I spent so much to pack doesnt fit the condo at all. 

Thank you.   Yes, I definitely need to make sure whatever type of poison vine it was is all gone.    

Maybe a hazmat suit will work.  LoL

Moving to another state is a major event but please don't panic.  It is best to take one step at a time.   

Maybe check website for your insurance carrier to find new doctors for your area.   May take 1 or 2 visits to find one that works well for you.

I hope your anxiety will be better once you are out of limbo and no longer staying in a hotel.

Sending you a big hug

(((((💖))))

• Like 3

@firefly333 I have a suggestion for furnishing your condo.

Is it possible to look at models of condos that are furnished? Not necessarily your complex, but maybe condos in the area that have been newly built ? Or, open houses for condos that are up for sale?

That way, you can see furniture in the spaces and get ideas.

Also, some furniture places have decorators that can suggest pieces that you fit in your space. Take dimensions with you and a rough drawing of the features of the condo-windows, mini bar etc so the decorator has an idea of the rooms.

Is there a Haverty’s in your area? When we furnished our condo near Ft Pierce, we bought a few pieces from them.

Very helpful and good delivery service.

It will all work out-just takes time.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear you got that.  Some people must be more susceptible to getting it. We have poison ivy along the wooded edge of our property.  We were playing kickball with the grandkids last weekend, and the ball ended up going through some.  Both Susan and my son-in-law got it just from the transfer from the ball. 

It has never had an affect on me. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol that's pretty much exactly what I did. Well one store, and liked what they have.

There is only 1 working elevator. The movers will want a big tip and if I was them I wouldnt be happy but it is what itmis.

I think the 12th business day is next Wednesday so they should be there no latter than then.

I stopped at a mattress store that sells everything. Beds they can deliver today even but I already paid for 3 nights starting tonight. The refund thing requires 24 hours notice so I just said bring it Friday. I bought  saucepan, there is no built in microwave but a sauce pan can warm up anything for a couple of days. 

In fact I bought 2 beds the same mattress. The one for me I got what he says is walnut. My triple dresser is actually mahogany and looks like a close enough match to me. And got a remote for mine that raises the feet and head to watch tv in bed. And bedding and pillows and all that other stuff. Too bad I already paid for 3 more  nights,  I'd been doing 1 or 2 nights, this time I guess I was depressed how long and booked 3 more nights, so il, just stay until friday and the salesman said he will bring up both beds and set them up. The 2nd bed he said he would throw in a wooden bed frame black or white he had there in stock. 

I cant wait for my new bed. He has living room furniture but I'm at a loss looking at a bunch of catalogues what to get. Several pieces, how to arrange them, pictures I cant picture what I want, comfortable. I'm excited to have a new bed. I picked nice and soft. I like a soft bed, softer than what rcl has. Idk if I needed the motor or not and the cherry headboard was also extra. 

Just driving by and saw the sign and pulled in and really liked their beds. Wish I'd thought of it sooner, but sometimes things happen when they should. All my kitchen stuff is on the  moving truck, so I bought a sauce pan. I got chicken tenders at publix thenother day, gives me something  to warm them up in on the stove and get by a few days if the truck is still delayed. Yipee. I cant wait for new beds. I left a phone message for ray, the guy I'm supposed to tell to pad the elevator. Just my bad luck they started to take apart the elevators just last Wednesday.  I just checked back in here same hotel, 3rd check. 2 days, 2 days, now 3 days until friday. I still wouldnt have furniture except the beach chair in the picture above.

Bob's bed he wrote about sounded perfect. So I got the whole works. I dont know if i really want a remote controlled bed, but why not. Saw what i liked and said YES. 

Tbh I'll probably toss out my sofa and chair they moved. I want something that looks classier. That was supposed to be temporary while i was there taking care of my parents, not meant forever. I want this place to look classier. The cherry looks dark to me, very close to the color of my triple dresser. I really think it's too late to get a hotel refund, so I just said being it friday and I'll, leave the hotel that  morning.. he said probably between noon and 2 pm. I can eat out a lot too, I wouldnt starve if my kitchen stuff takes a few extra days but by my count by next week Wednesday that's 12 business days. Finally something really good happened. My realtor and Bob above were smart to plan a bed ahead of time. But i wouldn't have known to call a certain person 24 hours ahead to pad the elevator. I cant say I shopped around, just liked what I saw. Finally something really good. 

Glad to hear that you got new beds!  It's exciting to start to furnish the new place.  Don't be in too much of a rush to furnish your condo.  Give yourself a chance to live in it and get a feel for what you might want, even if it means living with old or temporary stuff for a while.  It took Micheline 2 years to decide what she wanted for a coffee table in our great room.  She was originally thinking a round table with a driftwood base and a glass top.  She then switched to thinking something off white but didn't want something too "beachy".  She finally ended up with a rectangular dark wood table with an intricate pattern and some caning.  She just kept casually looking until she found the perfect fit.    

• Like 9