Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I must have read the money part wrong.

I didn't think she was smart enough to get all those degrees.

Have always said there is abig difference between book smart and logic smart.  Thosee who are book smart often totally lack the logic part.  Have met way too many of them thru the years.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

Here is NYC from Edgewater, New Jersey.  We ate at a restaurant there last night. 

Happy adventures to those on cruises and best of health to everyone undergoing procedures,  tests, vaccines, etc. 

20210921_193040.thumb.jpg.63257491bdcbec9063024b3c07cd8e1c.jpg

We have relatives that lived in Edgewater.Beatiful Manhattan views from there.

Have you purchased your Mets WS tickets yet ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sigh...sniff sniff.   Was supposed to be there right now!  😞 

Love, love the area.  We may still be able to salvage some of our trip...but won't know anything until we can get the ailing Land Yacht in to be looked at.  

It’s a shame you had a snafu with your land yacht.  This morning was perfect for walking on the beach.  Sunny with a very cool breeze, and most of the tourist gone. 😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Back home now after my cataract surgery. The consultant said everything went well.

Vision is a little hazy but otherwise I'm delighted it is done.

Graham.

That's great, Graham.

Glad is over.

I was looking at the clock, and "calculating" .... since you're 2 hours "behind" us [or "we" are 2 hours ahead of you 😁]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today’s port is St Thomas. Took a taxi to Magens Bay. Beautiful water and scenery with nice sand on the beach and in the water. We took a taxi (no excursion). Got here early enough to rent a couple of chairs and find a spot in the shade of a tree. The beauty of the place slowly deteriorated as other passengers started showing up, jostling for position on the beach, and then yelling at each other in the water while pounding beer. Guess they don’t know how much their voices carry over water. With various excursions that drop people here for a couple of hours, there was a fairly constant stream of people dragging their rental beach chairs up and down the beach. Sigh. Wonder how bad the crowds get with multiple full ships in port. 

298D7BE0-F00E-4D55-B84F-A525CABD9330.thumb.jpeg.5dc9accad52fd6a33263ca36ebaef22b.jpeg

0CC389CF-6AD5-415D-BBB4-033FF98AA332.thumb.jpeg.37babfef3ce8f1f7374486248633f823.jpeg

36C68054-5108-4A98-B568-0316FEA7E62B.thumb.jpeg.70a189fb08fbfd06542ed88baa3222ae.jpeg

47E7CC71-FF77-45B6-8B44-4121C9CCBFF7.thumb.jpeg.d45a82aeec9f4aaceffacb93624a9020.jpeg

• Like 11

Some St Thomas Covid info. Masks required in the Crown Bay port area, even if outside. Masks required on taxis, including the open air trucks with benches. Masks required in the food and bar area at Magens Bay, unless eating or drinking. Vax status doesn’t matter when it comes to masks. I think this is true for all USVI, not just St Thomas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Samantha is adorable. Is she feeling "at home" yet?

She is getting there.  She has supervised time exploring the house.  So far the older cats are ignoring her along with the English Bulldog.  My poodle mix wants to play but we make sure he is gentle.  Right now she is sound asleep in one of my chairs.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Some St Thomas Covid info. Masks required in the Crown Bay port area, even if outside. Masks required on taxis, including the open air trucks with benches. Masks required in the food and bar area at Magens Bay, unless eating or drinking. Vax status doesn’t matter when it comes to masks. I think this is true for all USVI, not just St Thomas. 

USVI especially St. John is our favorite destination in the Caribbean.  I guess it will be a few years before we go again.  Sigh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Back home now after my cataract surgery.

The consultant said everything went well.

Vision is a little hazy but otherwise I'm delighted it is done.

Graham.

Welcome home from your procedure Graham.  I can envision your regime of drops and the timers on your phone after helping my mom and MIL. Hope things are going as smooth as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1