Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You might wish I didn’t have free wifi when I start bombarding this thread with pics 😂 Maybe it will be weak and I will not be able to load a lot of pics.

Gosh no...bombard away!!  We are living vicariously through you and others on this thread that have resumed cruising post Covid.  Enjoy!!   

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You might wish I didn’t have free wifi when I start bombarding this thread with pics 😂 Maybe it will be weak and I will not be able to load a lot of pics.

It's Dani's thread, but I don't mind the pictures (since I just got done bombarding this thread with pics myself).  I thought about starting a separate "live" thread but didn't plan on posting a lot.  I ended up posting more than planned.  In hindsight, a separate thread would have been the way to go.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

the Pearl Harbor Memorial is a must see. 

Indeed, it is, even for non-American like us.

We only had a full day in Oahu before our cruise, but we booked the earliest entry to Pearl Harbor the morning of embarkation, and so glad we did.

It was a very moving experience.

USS Arizona still seeping oil...

IMG_20160402_113940.jpg

Wall Memorial

IMG_20160402_114239.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been to Hawaii 3 times.  We typically go to Maui and stay in Kaanapali.  We like the Westin Maui because a) I have points, b) it has a great pool area, and c) it's right next to Whaler's Village and the Hula Grill/Barefoot Bar.  We've never stayed at the Sheraton Black Rock but it gets good reviews.  After our cruise to Hawaii, we'll change things up a bit.  We'll either try the Wailea area of Maui or more likely will try Kauai, since we've never been there.  Details still TBD.  For your first time, I'd definitely spend a couple of days on Oahu.  Honolulu is a city, complete with traffic jams, but Waikiki is worth a visit just because it's Waikiki, and the Pearl Harbor Memorial is a must see.  There are several other worthwhile places on Oahu to visit away from the Honolulu metro area.

Oahu is where the cruise starts so I know we will stay there.  We have done very little planning for the Hawaiian trip.  We have been occupied planning last months Lake vacation and this coming  week’s cruise.  We will  surely go see the Pearl Harbor Memorial.  
I just briefly looked and you may know, is the Disney resort at Oahu?  If that is the case, our Cruise/Disney friends might want to stay there.  Glad we still have time to plan.

22 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Once again having trouble posting!

Third attempt.  I’m debating whether to even try doing a live thread from Symphony next week if this frustration continues. 

Only thing new around here is “The Cat” is now in her 10 hour cat coma after upgrading her to premium cat food.  Should be awake by 6 for dinner. 

C0347F59-E415-4A49-A852-97B48F277617.jpeg

Comfy chair by a fireplace!!  That cat could not possibly look anymore content!!  😸💤

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oahu is where the cruise starts so I know we will stay there.  We have done very little planning for the Hawaiian trip.  We have been occupied planning last months Lake vacation and this coming  week’s cruise.  We will  surely go see the Pearl Harbor Memorial.  
I just briefly looked and you may know, is the Disney resort at Oahu?  If that is the case, our Cruise/Disney friends might want to stay there.  Glad we still have time to plan.

Disney’s Aulani resort is on Oahu but my understanding is it’s a bit removed from the Honolulu & Waikiki area.  I guess not a problem if you plan to rent a car anyway.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

You do 👍

Five hours sounds much better....

I understand the 12 hour difference travel.  A few years ago I visited Cambodia.  The travel there did not bother me that much, but after flying back I was worn out.  It took a few days to recover.  We left about 9pm and when we landed 12 hours later it was still 9pm.  My body was thinking time to get up but we were going to bed to wake up early to catch a plane for the last leg of the trip.  It was still a fun trip. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I thought about starting a separate "live" thread but didn't plan on posting a lot.  I ended up posting more than planned.  In hindsight, a separate thread would have been the way to go.

My same dilemma, start a separate thread or just post here.  I am leaning more towards just here.  I am thinking if I start a separate thread there is that chance having someone taking it way off topic (ie covid etc).  Here I feel it will not be much different than when we will be texting family to keep them updated.  I still may start a new thread but I will not neglect this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

If it is the beach experience you are after....the Destin Beaches have the most beautiful beaches in the world....IMHO.  And I live near the coast on the east side.  The sand and water near Destin is  more beautiful, and less rough.  Pure white powdered sugar sand, with clear aquamarine water.  Gentle slope to the water, no rocks.  

Was supposed to be there right now, and may still get a chance to go...depending on what we find out about our ailing land yacht currently in the service department.  😮 

Thank you!  Hope you get some good news and can salvage part of your trip,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, I'm trying again [this time not from the computer], for the first time, to post from my Iphone.... If it doesn't show, it does show my "challenging" filming talents....

Well, it didn't..... 😢

Gives me a bit of comfort knowing I am not the only photo challenged person.  However, you HAVE posted lots of wonderful pictures in here.  Me?  not much at all...sniff sniff.

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just some random ones…

AB60EDAC-7D6E-4C6E-945E-9436851268C4.jpeg

62C74925-F47A-4111-A3F0-957F3AAE3C04.jpeg

974C1116-A824-441C-AF7A-2D657CBEBFBD.jpeg

1122F810-668A-4115-AC51-F8566D2FFB3A.jpeg

C3452ED0-1687-4A84-837C-C7E5E6C5310D.jpeg

D6B0D2F0-0B17-4EA5-9A5D-333D7FD86F2D.jpeg

Lovely pictures of the happiest place on earth with a beautiful family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Happy to answer any questions about Amelia Island.  I sometimes feel like I'm on the Chamber of Commerce.  

Well I just checked out the Ritz Carlton. It looks gorgeous but for our dates the only room available is a Club level suite at $ 8k per night 😳, so that option is off the table!

In a perfect world we’d hop on a cruise out of PC,  but it won’t work since we have to get home for niece’s engagement party. 

16 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Disney’s Aulani resort is on Oahu but my understanding is it’s a bit removed from the Honolulu & Waikiki area.  I guess not a problem if you plan to rent a car anyway.  

We will need to research.  Just the brief thought of it, we probably wouldn’t get much out of it.  Sharon does not like being away long periods of time from family.  The cruise is 10 days. I am guessing maybe 3 nights before the cruise at the most in Hawaii .  We may stay a night in California to avoid being on a plane so long.  We talked about doing b2b and cruise Alaska on the second leg. If I can talk my youngest daughter into joining us for the Alaska cruise, Sharon would be ok with it.  My daughter says she needs to wait to decide.  She said if she is 6 months pregnant she wouldn’t be able to go.  We were excited to hear her reasoning!  Plans for another grandchild!

• Like 7