Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Hi guys.  I am waaay behind, and will go back to read everything that's been going on around here when I get the chance.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and good wishes for Jim's surgery.

Surgery went well.  We had to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning.  Silly me, I thought I'd be hanging around for the day.  We got there early, and they let me stay in the waiting room with Jim, until they promptly took him to pre-op for his 11:00 surgery.  I had to then go back home (about 1/2 hour from hospital).  The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee.  Anyway, the surgeon said Jim would be in recovery for about 2 hours or so.  I wound up calling the hospital after 4 to see if Jim was admitted to his room, and was told he was still in recovery.  Jim finally called me at 5:00 to tell me he was in his room.  He looked good, and we were told he could possibly be going home Tuesday, if his rehab went well.  I talked to Jim this morning, and even though he hadn't started rehab yet, he felt that he'd be coming home with me today.  So, here's hoping.  If not today, tomorrow is another day.  (I actually wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow, since we're going to be getting heavy rain, and it looks like it's about to begin).

So..a big thanks to you all.  You guys are the Best!!❤️

So happy that the surgery went well and he will be home soon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Hi guys.  I am waaay behind, and will go back to read everything that's been going on around here when I get the chance.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and good wishes for Jim's surgery.

Surgery went well.  We had to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning.  Silly me, I thought I'd be hanging around for the day.  We got there early, and they let me stay in the waiting room with Jim, until they promptly took him to pre-op for his 11:00 surgery.  I had to then go back home (about 1/2 hour from hospital).  The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee.  Anyway, the surgeon said Jim would be in recovery for about 2 hours or so.  I wound up calling the hospital after 4 to see if Jim was admitted to his room, and was told he was still in recovery.  Jim finally called me at 5:00 to tell me he was in his room.  He looked good, and we were told he could possibly be going home Tuesday, if his rehab went well.  I talked to Jim this morning, and even though he hadn't started rehab yet, he felt that he'd be coming home with me today.  So, here's hoping.  If not today, tomorrow is another day.  (I actually wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow, since we're going to be getting heavy rain, and it looks like it's about to begin).

So Happy to hear that his surgery / knee replacement went well.    

It poured here for about an hour of thunder, lightning and heavy rain.    Stopped but still dark and gloomy. 

Here's hoping (hopping-hehe) he will be home later today.     🌼

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That was one of the problems we also had was the crew constantly asking if we needed anything else.

Maybe a few t-shirts that say "I am happy and thrilled to be here.  If I need anything I will let you know."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

Brought it in late yesterday to have it ready to go into the bay at 8 am this morning.  They just called and can't get it it act up, which....IIMHO...is worse than if they found something.  Bucky off on his walk, and will go down there to get it out on the highway to check it out.  

So if it is not broke when they get it...nothing to fix.  Gulp...wonder what it was?  Maybe bad fuel, or carboned up...not sure.  It did sit all summer.  

Sure don't want it acting up when we get all the way across the state.  😮  

How frustrating.  I hope they figure it out and you can get on the road soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think you meant today is Tuesday.   😘

I know it is so easy to get days mixed up, I do it all the time.    

Lol I really thought it was Monday when I posted it.  No wonder why Sharon keeps reminding me I need to start packing.  😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great news!  I sure you know how important it is for him to keep up with the rehab.  I bet he will love it when he works through all of this.  Hang in there.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Might be my English... does it mean the "land yacht" is perfectly OK, it just doesn't want to travel to the Panhandle Parks ??? 😉

LOL.  Trying to see if it would act up...is the RV service term for trying to see if it would run bad, like what we experienced when we first tried to take it down the highway first day we left, and were only 3 miles from the house.  It would not go over 40 miles an hour down the 70 mile an hour speed limit highway.  And was acting like it was about to totally shut down.  When the RV service people checked it, .....it was running fine.  We are all clueless.  Can't fix what is not apparently broken now.  

Bucky just called as he is taking it down the interstate highway right now.  He said so far, it is running well, just like before the problem we had.  

Could be bad fuel (from sitting so long all summer) or dirt in the fuel line, or carboned up (all my guess work).  Whatever it was seems to have mysteriously disappeared.  

Just hope it continues to run well through our trip for the next 4 weeks, then get it back home and sell it.  😮😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Enjoy your trip and have safe travels.  The weather is beautiful right now.

Nice here right now too....but will prefer your cooler weather once we get there.  😉 

First two nights rebooked into Silver Springs (Ocala) do some kayaking on the Silver River (beautiful river).  Then a quick overnight in Carrabelle, then on to connect with our 2 weeks stay in Grayton Beach...I hope.  😬

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice here right now too....but will prefer your cooler weather once we get there.  😉 

First two nights rebooked into Silver Springs (Ocala) do some kayaking on the Silver River (beautiful river).  Then a quick overnight in Carrabelle, then on to connect with our 2 weeks stay in Grayton Beach...I hope.  😬

Hopefully it was just some bad gas and you will have no problems at all.  Is there AAA for RVs? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Could be bad fuel (from sitting so long all summer) or dirt in the fuel line, or carboned up (all my guess work).  Whatever it was seems to have mysteriously disappeared.  

I am not engine expert but I think you are right on this. Glad it worked itself out and safe travels to you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That is wonderful news.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.😀

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hopefully it was just some bad gas and you will have no problems at all.  Is there AAA for RVs? 

AAA has an RV membership but I like Good Sams roadside assistance better.  I've had to use it several times and it is excellent. 

https://www.goodsamroadside.com/

• Like 1

I've been traveling back and forth between Boise and Spokane for the last couple of weeks and have decided that this is where I retire.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Low, low crime, inexpensive property and I think I like small town living too. As long as I have access to a decent larger town within a reasonable driving distance, that is. Full retirement is still a ways away but semi retirement seems it might just be right around the corner though. I'm getting weary. I've found a couple little towns in the middle of nowhere here with populations between 1000 and 2000 but within an hour of Lewiston and 3 hours of Spokane.  I'm thinking maybe buying land now and use it with the RV occasionally until then.  Maybe summer up here... and CA or cruise in winter.

Now just have to convince DW. 🙂 

IMG_1027.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Delighted for you both that the op is over and been successful.

Graham.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks.  Waiting for Bucky to pull in with it right now.  Back in the RV port, pack it up again, and try it again.  

Good luck Pat and Bucky.

Hopefully it was just some dirty petrol and it has flushed out and you can enjoy your holidays.

• Like 3