Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Things getting kinda tense here. 60-70mph wind gusts and tornado warnings just to the north of us. We are lucky in that our house is surrounded by hills that protect it somewhat. But I'm taking no chances and taking down some Christmas decorations so they don't blow away. You can really hear the howling of the wind. We have about another hour before we are out of the woods. Fingers are crossed.

Stay safe, Greg.  🙏🤞

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hate to hear that.  Stay safe.  If you don’t mind let us know you are ok after it passes.  I hope all is well with the Christmas decorations.  I know you put a lot of work into it.   It may be just me but I just don’t remember as much tornado weather around this time of the year.  

+1

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Things getting kinda tense here. 60-70mph wind gusts and tornado warnings just to the north of us. We are lucky in that our house is surrounded by hills that protect it somewhat. But I'm taking no chances and taking down some Christmas decorations so they don't blow away. You can really hear the howling of the wind. We have about another hour before we are out of the woods. Fingers are crossed.

Good luck tonight. Being no stranger to hurricanes I am well aware of the damage wind can do.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

🙏Praying you will be safe.

• Like 1

Safety to all with those winds.  We are slated to get them tomorrow. 

Tonight we had my birthday dinner at Station Square. 

Started with Long Island Ice Tea 

Caesar salad home made warm rolls. 

Veal chop glazed. 

Sweet potato fries. 

Very pleased with dinner. 

DH had prime rib,  potato sour cream, asparagus and mixed veggie. 

3733B666-16E0-4359-8E2F-9BCCFCF45C0B.jpeg

9E99FB40-B382-43A1-A99D-4FE216EDAC44.jpeg

71CBF32E-417B-4963-9CB3-93EC532AE1ED.jpeg

1E418F00-1C41-4010-AADA-09324BA7312F.jpeg

• Like 13

Just now, Lionesss said:

Safety to all with those winds.  We are slated to get them tomorrow. 

Tonight we had my birthday dinner at Station Square. 

Started with Long Island Ice Tea 

Caesar salad home made warm rolls. 

Veal chop glazed. 

Sweet potato fries. 

Very pleased with dinner. 

DH had prime rib,  potato sour cream, asparagus and mixed veggie. 

3733B666-16E0-4359-8E2F-9BCCFCF45C0B.jpeg

9E99FB40-B382-43A1-A99D-4FE216EDAC44.jpeg

71CBF32E-417B-4963-9CB3-93EC532AE1ED.jpeg

1E418F00-1C41-4010-AADA-09324BA7312F.jpeg

Umm Ummmmm looks delicious!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I know you can’t see anything in this video but listen to wind in my backyard.

I could hear that wind. Hunker down and stay safe.

We are getting this storm in our area in about 24hrs from now. We had the after effects of the tornado storms come through this past Saturday.  A friend of mine in Bowling Green thankfully had his home and shop spared from the Tornado. Unfortunately a local restaurant he and I ate at, a short walk away, was destroyed.  Sadly a past employee of his died in the storm. He was one of many.

The power of Mother Nature is astounding and hear breaking at the same time. 💔 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am just amazed at how he has been looking for him.  Such love.

I have heard, but do not know, that it helps a remaining dog to see and smell their passed friend so they understand what happened. Of course, I know that is not possible in this case.

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes. We dodged a bullet. Storm has passed us and boy it went quick. Winds at 70mph. Lots of impressive lightning and heavy rainfall for about 5 minutes. Looks like no tree damage but they were swaying very heavy. Here's another video of some of the lightning.

• Like 12

Lucy snuck into the back barn yesterday when we took the loader off the tractor and put the blower on. She didn’t want to come out from the hay when we called her, so we went out after dinner to entice her. 

She ended up staying in the barn overnight because she didn’t want to come down below. Check the trusses for her. 

3EA74524-8B7A-4FBC-90D8-9B4B91747116.thumb.jpeg.e952291de7f16a87b38cc844d41cba81.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes. We dodged a bullet. Storm has passed us and boy it went quick. Winds at 70mph. Lots of impressive lightning and heavy rainfall for about 5 minutes. Looks like no tree damage but they were swaying very heavy. Here's another video of some of the lightning.

Thank God the storm passed without any damage and you all are safe.  Thank you, Greg, for the update!  

• Like 3