Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Its done. And so am I. I'm going to bed.😏

I was right in predicting that Erica would win the game.I would also like to take the opportunity to complete my discussion with you that in my mind was never ended.I saw your response to Bonnie and that is fine but I need to explain from my point of view .I had a discussion this morning with my Barber who is an Orthodox Jew.He like me has a great love of Classic Rock music.I told him that I am conflicted because I love the music of Pink Floyd and own nearly all of their albums even though their lead singer Roger Waters is a Holocaust denier.He said he is as well.

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoyed Survivor last night.  I'm tempted to type a few thoughts here while trying to keep from revealing what happened (for those who haven't watched yet).  I think I'd end up giving too much away, so I'll wait a few days.  I will say that I like having the reunion show live back in LA.  It gives all of the contestants a chance to clean up, put some weight back on, and dress up nicely.  It's interesting to see how different some people look.  It's also nice that families can be there to celebrate.

Just watching the after vote now. I like this format ending as it happens right after the vote. Skipping the advertising is wonderful. 

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The answer is 14"  

She is amazing. Love this cat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was perplexed that one person received no votes. However, Ricard's facial exoressions showed he was clearly angry with that person and the entire jury was in disagreement with that person when he/she stated his/her perception of another person's game play.

I was shocked at the outcome even though I correctly picked the winner.At some point there is likely to be interviews with the cast and perhaps the cast member who lives in LI will be interviewed by a local tv station and or newspaper .

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My mother’s uncle was cremated in a *** prison camp, we’ve never checked to see which one. He was a Catholic. His crime? He was a baker.
The merchants in the area were ordered not to sell to Jews any more. 
He would bake in the middle of the night and go out and put bread on his neighbors’ doorsteps. 
Then he would bake for his store at 4am and open for his normal hours. 
Somebody reported him. He was taken out of his bakery and never seen again. 
The family was notified at some point that he was cremated. 
My daughter visited Dachau when she was in college and took her family there when her girls were young teenagers. 
She felt it was important that they experience the horror so they would never forget the Holocaust and raise their own children not to forget.  

There are Holocaust museums all over the US .I have been to most .It is important that the world never forgets the *** horrors.

• Like 3

Big winds here from the storm that Greg experienced last night. Today Owen is in a hockey tournament called Silver Stick. It’s comparable to the World Cup qualifiers in soccer/football. If they win this they move on.

They had one game this morning and one tonight at 8pm. It’s an hour from home so we are commuting.  Next game is Saturday, and it is do or die from there. He goes to school tomorrow  and it’s the last day of the school year for him. 

They post the names of each team prior to their game. It’s old timmie feeling. 

41F348BF-18FE-4D99-BDBE-E46D58570B31.thumb.jpeg.1f2f5311c30bed74d94557fcc7136453.jpeg

They won 4/1.  They play the host team tonight.

41EADAFE-413F-43AC-9DEA-806C1F6CF745.thumb.jpeg.e2db3216c4724aab2acdbfcfe9c2f2f7.jpeg

We got this wrist bands to wear for re-entry tonight.  It reminded me of this. I need a holiday. 

1B9D22A3-158A-41C0-9B64-9F9C528B10DD.thumb.jpeg.6456a77b44aee6bef2882c731bc511a4.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

On top of that, I dozed off and missed Jeopardy and Survivor. 
Aftermath of general anesthesia, I guess. 

Hey Mimi, good to see you.  
This reminded of when I had knee surgery in college.  It wasn’t like they do now, poke a small whole and fix it.  They had to open it up much more.  Anyways, after surgery they had me on a good dose of morphine.  I remember visitors would come in, I would say hey and I thought I just blinked and a different visitor would be there.  I would "blink" again and another visitor was there!  I also remember dreaming I was high jumping over telephone wires.

I pray your recovery goes well.  Thanks for checking in!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She would never give out the recipe (which I think is very selfish) .....

Very.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I never understand why some people don't like to share recipes.    

Me neither... I see it as a compliment when I'm asked to share a recipe, and I'm glad to report that I've been asked plenty 😁

Still waiting for a time when I'll be able to serve all of you with my "snow white chocolate cookies" 🌺

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They say that 100 years ago today, the first Bloody Mary was mixed and served in Paris. 

Doing my part to celebrate. 

72C3D6F1-A215-4FC4-8FC8-BFA3C8C98887.thumb.jpeg.43fca3f4ea742eeb546ec01289a85a67.jpeg

It’s great to see someone willing to put forth the effort and sacrifice the time to honor such a deserving drink. 😂 Hope you enjoy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

For those who enjoy that there southern talk.  I just called in to make my wellness visit for the first of January.  While hanging up I told the receptionist, Enjoy the Holidays, She replied, You too Honey! Bye bye. 😂 

My trek to Texas took me thru Virginia (both of them), Tennessee, Alabama,  Mississippi & Louisiana.  At various stops along the route, I was called Darlin' more than a few times.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

A few pictures of the evening. 

7CBB7B7D-E5DB-445B-82DA-FDD93FC27325.jpeg

FC73F8D3-23CC-40A2-BC64-25B7A4A9B362.jpeg

E1B60EB0-9FC9-4D14-BE4C-32B76F5182B9.jpeg

E23930A1-5BDB-4BEE-8279-DA271AE4BB41.jpeg

Thanks for the pics.  I bet that was a great time. (Oops, saw the pics before reading the experience). If this was a concert I was watching in the 70s I would be wondering if it was my "state of mind" or the way they were projecting.  Great pics.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the pics.  I bet that was a great time. (Oops, saw the pics before reading the experience). If this was a concert I was watching in the 70s I would be wondering if it was my "state of mind" or the way they were projecting.  Great pics.

Lol  It would definitely be interesting to watch their light shows in an altered state of mind.  I took one  short video that I will try to load.  It is just the end of one of the songs he was really struggling with and changed how it ends.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love chocolate cookies but my all time favorite is peanut butter cookies with miniature hershey kisses on top.    

As a little girl my Dad used to bring home the most amazing peanut butter cookies from someone on his mail route.    She gave the recipe to my Dad and I have been making them ever since. 

I never understand why some people don't like to share recipes.    

I can tell you a possible reason. I’m in 3 Bunco groups in my women’s club. 
Two are breakfast groups and one is dinner. We each host once a year. 
I alternate two casserole dinner recipes…baked spaghetti with a secret ingredient, and Paula Deen’s Savannah Hot Chicken Salad. 
I was begged for the baked spaghetti recipe, and gave it away but made her promise not to serve it at Bunco. 
The very next year she hosted the month before me and served my baked spaghetti. When I reminded her of her promise, she laughed and said at her age, promises don’t count. 
I don’t mind sharing a recipe that can be found in a cookbook, but I don’t ever want to be in that situation again. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I live in Carrollton, and there are bobcats in our neighborhood all the time. Our Nextdoor is full of people posting pics of seeing them in their yards, taking naps on their front porches, etc.

We are also in Carrollton in nob hill area.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was right in predicting that Erica would win the game.I would also like to take the opportunity to complete my discussion with you that in my mind was never ended.I saw your response to Bonnie and that is fine but I need to explain from my point of view .I had a discussion this morning with my Barber who is an Orthodox Jew.He like me has a great love of Classic Rock music.I told him that I am conflicted because I love the music of Pink Floyd and own nearly all of their albums even though their lead singer Roger Waters is a Holocaust denier.He said he is as well.

Whoa! Your Orthodox barber is a denier?

Did I read that right?

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I can tell you a possible reason. I’m in 3 Bunco groups in my women’s club. 
Two are breakfast groups and one is dinner. We each host once a year. 
I alternate two casserole dinner recipes…baked spaghetti with a secret ingredient, and Paula Deen’s Savannah Hot Chicken Salad. 
I was begged for the baked spaghetti recipe, and gave it away but made her promise not to serve it at Bunco. 
The very next year she hosted the month before me and served my baked spaghetti. When I reminded her of her promise, she laughed and said at her age, promises don’t count. 
I don’t mind sharing a recipe that can be found in a cookbook, but I don’t ever want to be in that situation again. 

I googled Paula Deen's hot salad. I think I will love it! Will get ingredients tomorrow.

• Like 2

My pacemaker is not the life changing experience we expected. 
It’s more of a crutch to keep my AFib meds from killing me!

My Sotalol lowers my heart rate and helps my heart beat normally.

After five years, it started lowering my heart rate down to 40, and once in my cardiologist’s office, 39!

So the pacemaker will prevent the heart rate from going below 60. 
I will be taking double the Sotalol dosage, which should handle the AFib, and the pacemaker will limit how low the rate goes. I will have to stay on Xarelto forever. 
Hopefully, this will all work!

ps I didn’t know I can’t lift my shoulder for a month. Even here in the hospital, I’m finding stuff that’s going to be tough to do!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I figured I should join the cat conversations. My stepdaughter cat, Leonard aka Lenny (not to be confused with our CC Lenny). Also goes by a few other nicknames not fit for publication an a family friendly website.

I guess he's my step-grandcat? Is that a thing?

20211216_124541.jpg

Very pretty kitty.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I googled Paula Deen's hot salad. I think I will love it! Will get ingredients tomorrow.

Everyone of my ladies loves it. 
I use two rotisserie chickens to make it. 
I make 1 1/2 the servings…12 hungry ladies!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I live in Carrollton, and there are bobcats in our neighborhood all the time. Our Nextdoor is full of people posting pics of seeing them in their yards, taking naps on their front porches, etc.

To be perfectly honest, I never knew what they looked like until someone at work pointed it out.