Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie the driver is loving the Christmas spirit.  
image.thumb.jpeg.b4c34282af1ee8e66574e39d99d1d3e8.jpeg

Our family tradition is the 12 days of Christmas.  We share small gifts the 11 days before Christmas and a bigger one Christmas. Kenzie opened her first day gift then went under the tree and grab another! 😂 

image.thumb.jpeg.170359a762658d9129985b5570ff2c40.jpeg

I just had to share a pic of her cousin Lottie.  This is her getting her hair washed today.

D3D738B2-3726-48D8-8079-4C0432FFA75D.thumb.jpeg.031542d85b4407d1bdb8d75f6be61d13.jpeg

And this is a video of Millie opening a 12 day gift.

All your sweeties are adorable.  Millie is really good at unwrapping and really wanted whatever was inside that box.

Kenzie in that onesie with antlers looks so snuggly.  And ah the fun days of bathing of baby.  Lottie is another cutie💕

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@LuckynanaI just looked up recipe for Russia tea cakes they do sound yummy and easy to make.  Might have to give them a try this weekend.

I went to Riteaid for my pfizer booster today around 4:15 pm and was told they are only doing walkins between 10 and 2 pm due to the volume of people coming in and it was delaying the pharmacy from doing their prescription orders.  So I'll go back early tomorrow.

Debbie, the Russian tea cakes are so delicious!  It sounds like you're a baker!  My daughters and grandchildren love my oatmeal cookies....they're just the original Quaker Oats recipe from back in the 70's.

Bummer you couldn't get it today, but at least you can go back tomorrow and just walk in again.  Hopefully there won't be a line when you go.  I was in CVS two days ago at the counter while a cashier was on the phone with someone complaining that they couldn't get an appointment, and the cashier apologizing that there wasn't anything she could do about it, you have to go online.  When I had tried a few weeks ago, it took several tries, with different days and times not available.  It was frustrating, but I was finally able to get our appointments.  At least it wasn't as bad as when the vaccine first became available last January...we would all get on our computer waiting for the appointments to open up, some of my friends were going across Alligator Alley for vaccines there, one couple I know flew home to get their shots.  It was insanity at best!

Now it's tough to get appointments for the Covid tests around here, now that the Omicron is around😟

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our family tradition is the 12 days of Christmas.  We share small gifts the 11 days before Christmas and a bigger one Christmas. Kenzie opened her first day gift then went under the tree and grab another! 😂 

I just had to share a pic of her cousin Lottie.  This is her getting her hair washed today.

D3D738B2-3726-48D8-8079-4C0432FFA75D.thumb.jpeg.031542d85b4407d1bdb8d75f6be61d13.jpeg

Your grandchildren are so adorable.  Kenzie and her smiles, though!!!;  and then there's Lottie, with her dimples!!❤️  I sure miss having babies around!  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You have adorable babies in your family! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, the Russian tea cakes are so delicious!  It sounds like you're a baker!  My daughters and grandchildren love my oatmeal cookies....they're just the original Quaker Oats recipe from back in the 70's.

Now it's tough to get appointments for the Covid tests around here, now that the Omicron is around😟

Yes, I love to bake.  I jam christmas music while baking.  My kitchen will look like a hurricane hit it when I'm done but I love it.

That's why I wanted to get booster today figure if I have any side effects I'd rather feel crappy on a work day then Saturday when I want to do my baking😉

Oatmeal raisin (Yes, Raisins!) are Eric's favorite.  Just picked up a new canister of Quaker oats the other day.

We both love rum balls too!  Trick is not to eat too many while making them😇

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I love to bake.  I jam christmas music while baking.  My kitchen will look like a hurricane hit it when I'm done but I love it.

That's why I wanted to get booster today figure if I have any side effects I'd rather feel crappy on a work day then Saturday when I want to do my baking😉

Oatmeal raisin (Yes, Raisins!) are Eric's favorite.  Just picked up a new canister of Quaker oats the other day.

We both love rum balls too!  Trick is not to eat too many while making them😇

The downside of Dick’s diabetes is that I have to limit my baking!

Most frequently I make Tollhouse cookies with pecans in them. 
They freeze so well, and I portion them out in quart size Ziplocks and hide them under stuff he doesn’t want. 
Then I can leave a bag every few weeks where he can see it. 
I have to be devious because he’d eat the whole batch in three days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

John your grandchildren are so beautiful and joyous. That smile is so precious. I love your Christmas tradition. We have done a variation of the 12 days of Christmas starting on Christmas Day getting most of the packages but then smaller ones in the days after. I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone ever watched the series Eden: Untamed Planet.  It’s a BBC planet Earth series.  Some of the videos they capture is unbelievable.  Another is Blue Planet.  They show pictures of things deep in the ocean that look nothing like anything you will ever see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Bummer you couldn't get it today, but at least you can go back tomorrow and just walk in again.  Hopefully there won't be a line when you go.  I was in CVS two days ago at the counter while a cashier was on the phone with someone complaining that they couldn't get an appointment, and the cashier apologizing that there wasn't anything she could do about it, you have to go online.  When I had tried a few weeks ago, it took several tries, with different days and times not available.  It was frustrating, but I was finally able to get our appointments.  At least it wasn't as bad as when the vaccine first became available last January...we would all get on our computer waiting for the appointments to open up, some of my friends were going across Alligator Alley for vaccines there, one couple I know flew home to get their shots.  It was insanity at best!

I am so not a baker but I do make 2 desserts that are edible.  Banana/pecan/choco chip bread (I call it cake) and banana blueberry cream pie.  The second one is the lazy baker's recipe.  Prepared graham cracker pie shell, cool whip, canned pie filling.  The bananas, however are real and in their natural state 🤣   It's funny because I don't care for bananas!

I also experimented creating puff pastry desserts with limited success.  No worries, it tasted good but looked funny.  That stuff really PUFFS!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It must have been so hard to leave her there! Lizzie is adorable and has a happy tail!

Your Christmas will be stretched, which is a good thing!

I would want to take her home right now! How hard it must be to leave her there after a visit. :classic_smile::classic_sad: But only 10 days. And she obviously recognizes her new mom & dad. You can almost see her pointing out in the video, and looking at you both, with "they're mine" on her face. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

WARNING THIS VIDEO HAS GRAPHIC CUTENESS !!!!!!!

Today we got to visit our new puppy Elizabeth "Lizzy" before we get to take possession of her on the the 26th. She is so sweet and so lovable I got teary eyed when we left. She is so adorable. We gave her a blanket and Christmas moose play toy with our scents on it for her to get used to us. She was shaking the moose all over and was hilarious. We had so much fun it was hard to leave. I shot some video of her other brothers in the litter. They are all spoken for except for one. People come from all over the country for this breeders dogs. We are so happy she lives close to us. Enjoy!

How could you pick just one? They are all so adorable and full of love.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Stay safe those winds were bad. 70 mph here at home.

Winds have calmed down some. 

Good luck to Owen. Go win the whole thing.

They beat the host team tonight. They are first place and play the last place team on Saturday at noon. Do or die from this game on. 

I think you need a cruise and I need one of your fantastic reviews

We have final payment in January for March.  We are ready to pull the plug, but wait with little optimism.  This latest wave is just a cluster F.  Photos of Lizzy will make it better though. 

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

From our game camera when we lived in Texas.

Bobcat.thumb.jpg.115d3d8022794c973bb9369fada23c01.jpg

Took me a minute to spot it. Hopefully that fence is electrified. 🤞

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, ours love looking out the windows.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b1eac8fb79aabbbff27d437650af08c.jpeg

And paper work too. Nice they take a break to relax. 😁😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

So fed up with this now.......😒

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

So fed up with this now.......😒

Sorry to hear that.  Hope your son feels better soon.  Both my “kids” have been off work isolating due to close contact with positive cases.  Our work Christmas party has been cancelled and we have to wear masks again in the office and observe all other Covid protocols due the rising numbers of cases of this new variant. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@seadog Lizzie is adorable.  We have always adopted full grown rescue dogs.  Having a dog from puppy stage would be so special. Such a lovely breed too.

@dani negreanu your photos are beautiful.  So sad to read of another place struggling due to lack of tourism visitors.  Here, our tourism operators are struggling due to lack of staff due to the border closures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Dani

Your pics of Nazareth are beautiful.

Thank you. Credit due to DH, who was hoping to take lots and lots of pictures.... Alas, so sad to see this marvelous and historic city struggling to stay afloat.

I forgot to mention the name of the church adjacent to the tallest tree -- The Greek Orthodox Annunciation Church --

20211214_145201.thumb.jpg.613e723845556a00cbaea54ec4f80827.jpg

@sgmn, Sue, fingers crossed your son will have a very light "version"  of Covid, and he'll celebrate his 30th b'day ASAP.

@aussielozzie18 Thank you for sharing, and bringing back fond memories. Merry Christmas to all our "down under" friends too -- @Missusdubbya and @GUT2407

PS - those little turtles seem a recurring motive re: Opera House.  In the evening we saw videos screened on the Opera's walls, and those turtles were stars... I'll have to look if I find one of those.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

One of our favorite Christmas presents arrived yesterday, from our son in California.  Every year, they have sent us a photo calendar, and we always enjoyed seeing new photos each month. 

We didn’t get one in 2020, because they were in “lockdown”, so they weren’t taking photos.  Typically, each month had a theme for activities occurring during the month. 

This year, they have still been working from home, so many of the pictures in the calendar are ones we sent to them from our “summer of fun with our grandson”.  So it is summer every month, and we will be reliving those moments with each turn of the calendar. 

89701BA5-86F9-4F57-90E5-842ADEA2D8F0.thumb.jpeg.95ce29c29e9ad5e273adf7d637972fbc.jpeg

My Pennsylvania grandkids have been doing artwork calendars, and I hope we get a new one from them for next year. 

6299F3E0-D8C7-4718-A12B-4DF552D64A19.thumb.jpeg.70339942d28b8a18fc26554536f7620b.jpeg

Our Christmas celebration will be this Saturday at our house.  Our Pennsylvania grandkids will be opening all those presents under our tree. 

• Like 14

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have final payment in January for March.  We are ready to pull the plug, but wait with little optimism.  This latest wave is just a cluster F.  

I have a final payment due next week for a January cruise and I'm also struggling with whether or not to pull the plug. I have a good price on it and have not had a vacation in two years now. The right side of my brain says go and the left side says I'm crazy to even consider going.

• Like 9