Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Plenty in stock at our local Tarjhayyyyyyy!

I just cannot stop at one cookie.😛

Are they just the Ritz cracker covered in chocolate?  I made a recipe one year that was peanut butter sandwiched between two Ritz crackers, then dipped in chocolate.  Pretty darn good!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 3

Royal Caribbean sends email with new masking protocols when on board.

For me, who has not really thrown the mask in the garbage (yet, and still wears it in stores and public places) it makes no difference, but those who do not want to wear one will not be very happy.

We sail after Jan 5, but still got the email with link.

As Sue would say it is what it is!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Are they just the Ritz cracker covered in chocolate?  I made a recipe one year that was peanut butter sandwiches between two Ritz crackers, then dipped in chocolate.  Pretty darn good!

Yessssssss. Oh they are so good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601I just watched a Mark Wiens youtube review of NJ eateries and thought of you.  Long Beach Island comes on approx. 8 mins. into the video,

Thank you for sharing the video.   We go to Kubels on a regular basis.    Great food.   Everyone always like to visit the Anthony Bourdain booth that him and his Father always ate at as they have a family history on the island.    

I cannot wait to get back to the island.    We were planning on going back down to house before Christmas but haven't made it.     We might make it back for New Years Eve weekend to check on our house and see our neighbors.     But we also want to "quarantine" ourselves as much as possible to avoid testing positive for our Jan 9th cruise.   

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yessssssss. Oh they are so good!

I haven't seen them anywhere.  Just checked my Target app and the stores around here don't show it as available but could be because it is likely in the seasonal section.  Will have to check it out.  I did google them and they look delicious!

RITZ Limited Edition Fudge Covered Crackers - 7.5 Oz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I received my Golden Ticket today!  
Many of you ladies may relate to this.  I had my annual mammogram last Thursday.  I always refer to this time of year as “hell week”.  My mother died of breast cancer at age 67.  Now granted, she didn’t go to a Dr for literally more than 30 years ( she was afraid they’d find something wrong with her - ha) and there isn’t any other family history but it’s still always in the back of my mind.  Plus, about 75% of the time I get a call back a few days after the mammo to come back in for an ultrasound.  My mind immediately goes to worst case scenario, even though I know this is common. I’ve also had a cyst drained & biopsied (clear) - stress through the roof for an extra week on that one.  So anyway, I’ve been dreading the call back since last Thursday. Each day that goes by without a call, I feel a little better.  Today in the mail I receive my “ all clear”, telling me everything looks good, see you next year.  
I told myself if everything was good, we’d book a trip somewhere warm during Jan or Feb.  But now I’m ticked off that with the way this virus is going, that’s not the best idea 🤬.  Maybe we’ll just rent something in FL for a few weeks, we can always drive. 
Anyway, I deserve a glass of wine or 4 tonight.  

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I haven't seen them anywhere.  Just checked my Target app and the stores around here don't show it as available but could be because it is likely in the seasonal section.  Will have to check it out.  I did google them and they look delicious!

I have never heard or seen these.   Now I have to look for them when I go food shopping this weekend.    Sound yummy🤩

• Like 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

One of our favorite Christmas presents arrived yesterday, from our son in California.  Every year, they have sent us a photo calendar, and we always enjoyed seeing new photos each month. 

We didn’t get one in 2020, because they were in “lockdown”, so they weren’t taking photos.  Typically, each month had a theme for activities occurring during the month. 

This year, they have still been working from home, so many of the pictures in the calendar are ones we sent to them from our “summer of fun with our grandson”.  So it is summer every month, and we will be reliving those moments with each turn of the calendar. 

89701BA5-86F9-4F57-90E5-842ADEA2D8F0.thumb.jpeg.95ce29c29e9ad5e273adf7d637972fbc.jpeg

My Pennsylvania grandkids have been doing artwork calendars, and I hope we get a new one from them for next year. 

6299F3E0-D8C7-4718-A12B-4DF552D64A19.thumb.jpeg.70339942d28b8a18fc26554536f7620b.jpeg

Our Christmas celebration will be this Saturday at our house.  Our Pennsylvania grandkids will be opening all those presents under our tree. 

I love these calendars.  The artwork one is a great idea too.

A few years back a colleague gifted me one that was of my cruising photos - using the photos from my FB page.  Loved it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never heard or seen these.   Now I have to look for them when I go food shopping this weekend.    Sound yummy🤩

Didn't someone say there was also peanut butter between the crackers.  I don't see that here.

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We just got that too.  Looks like it will be in effect for week 1 of our cruises.   My guess is they changed them due to the high number of unvaxed kids onboard over the holidays. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Seasonal section is where I found them.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

For me, who has not really thrown the mask in the garbage (yet, and still wears it in stores and public places) it makes no difference, but those who do not want to wear one will not be very happy.

We sail after Jan 5, but still got the email with link.

As Sue would say it is what it is!

I didn't get an email. What has changed? I have to find out before I make final payment.

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Plus, about 75% of the time I get a call back a few days after the mammo to come back in for an ultrasound.

Deb, glad for you and wishing you many more years of "golden ticket".

Luckily, I have no history of cancer in my immediate family, but I'm all for "preventive" measures, and, if a test is available, I take advantage. Here a "mammo" is provided free for over 60 (every 2 years), and my family doc always "supplements" it with a referral for an US at the same time.

Might save you time and stress 75% of the time?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't get an email. What has changed? I have to find out before I make final payment.

This is what was posted in another thread.  

Just received this email (for my 12/31/2021 sailing).  😞

With the recent uptick of COVID-19 in the world and added Omicron variant concerns, we feel it prudent to temporarily tighten our onboard health protocols to require masks indoors at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. This new update also applies to vaccinated areas and venues.

We're sorry for any disappointment that this may cause, but hope you understand that health and safety come first. Despite the new requirement, we know you will still have a great time onboard.

For full protocol details, please click here. As always, health and safety protocols are subject to change.

If you have questions about these protocols, please reference our FAQs for details or contact us at 1 (866) 562-7625 or 541-285-9150 for assistance. If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We just got that too.  Looks like it will be in effect for week 1 of our cruises.   My guess is they changed them due to the high number of unvaxed kids onboard over the holidays. 

Msybe they should just get rid of unvaxxed kids.🤨

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

This is what was posted in another thread.  

Just received this email (for my 12/31/2021 sailing).  😞

With the recent uptick of COVID-19 in the world and added Omicron variant concerns, we feel it prudent to temporarily tighten our onboard health protocols to require masks indoors at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. This new update also applies to vaccinated areas and venues.

We're sorry for any disappointment that this may cause, but hope you understand that health and safety come first. Despite the new requirement, we know you will still have a great time onboard.

For full protocol details, please click here. As always, health and safety protocols are subject to change.

If you have questions about these protocols, please reference our FAQs for details or contact us at 1 (866) 562-7625 or 541-285-9150 for assistance. If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

I wonder if they will reschedule with price protection? I am not going under these circumstances.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So I received my Golden Ticket today!  
Many of you ladies may relate to this.  I had my annual mammogram last Thursday.  I always refer to this time of year as “hell week”.  My mother died of breast cancer at age 67.  Now granted, she didn’t go to a Dr for literally more than 30 years ( she was afraid they’d find something wrong with her - ha) and there isn’t any other family history but it’s still always in the back of my mind.  Plus, about 75% of the time I get a call back a few days after the mammo to come back in for an ultrasound.  My mind immediately goes to worst case scenario, even though I know this is common. I’ve also had a cyst drained & biopsied (clear) - stress through the roof for an extra week on that one.  So anyway, I’ve been dreading the call back since last Thursday. Each day that goes by without a call, I feel a little better.  Today in the mail I receive my “ all clear”, telling me everything looks good, see you next year.  
I told myself if everything was good, we’d book a trip somewhere warm during Jan or Feb.  But now I’m ticked off that with the way this virus is going, that’s not the best idea 🤬.  Maybe we’ll just rent something in FL for a few weeks, we can always drive. 
Anyway, I deserve a glass of wine or 4 tonight.  

🥰So happy for you. Best Christmas present ever!

We are driving to Florida in January. Will be there till mid/end ofApril. We have 4 cruises booked from Florida during that time. Not sure on one of them, so will let things play out.

Enjoy your glass of wine and have one (or ten) for me too!☺️

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they will reschedule with price protection? I sm not going under these circumstances.

I don't know.  Maybe look at the other threads to see what they are saying about the refunds are being handled.  

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they will reschedule with price protection? I am not going under these circumstances.

Is your cruise in February (if FP is in January)?

Ours is 1/9 and the website (via the link) says till 1/5. But we got the email.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

One of our favorite Christmas presents arrived yesterday, from our son in California.  Every year, they have sent us a photo calendar, and we always enjoyed seeing new photos each month. 

We didn’t get one in 2020, because they were in “lockdown”, so they weren’t taking photos.  Typically, each month had a theme for activities occurring during the month. 

This year, they have still been working from home, so many of the pictures in the calendar are ones we sent to them from our “summer of fun with our grandson”.  So it is summer every month, and we will be reliving those moments with each turn of the calendar. 

89701BA5-86F9-4F57-90E5-842ADEA2D8F0.thumb.jpeg.95ce29c29e9ad5e273adf7d637972fbc.jpeg

My Pennsylvania grandkids have been doing artwork calendars, and I hope we get a new one from them for next year. 

6299F3E0-D8C7-4718-A12B-4DF552D64A19.thumb.jpeg.70339942d28b8a18fc26554536f7620b.jpeg

Our Christmas celebration will be this Saturday at our house.  Our Pennsylvania grandkids will be opening all those presents under our tree. 

I love these personalized calendars.   Nice 🤩

• Like 2