Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

.One of his friends came over to me and asked if this was my first time in the area and I replied that it was.He told me that the name of the city is not Forked but Fork Ed.I never knew if he was kidding or serious and never asked anyone.I totally forgot about this till I saw your post.Is that correct or was he kidding with me ?

I pronounce it Fork Ed. Have heard it being pronounced Fork Ed on the radio local news, etc.. Other than that, who knows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was a big shock but fortunately I took 3 aspirin soon after feeling an unusual discomfort in my chest which must have thinned my blood enough to prevent a more serious heart attack

Extraordinary "presence of mind" (présence d'esprit) !! 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I love chocolate cookies but my all time favorite is peanut butter cookies with miniature hershey kisses on top.    

As a little girl my Dad used to bring home the most amazing peanut butter cookies from someone on his mail route.    She gave the recipe to my Dad and I have been making them ever since. 

I never understand why some people don't like to share recipes.    

Would you share your recipe for these? I’d like to make them this week. There are several variations online, but I’d rather use a tried & true recipe!  

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they will reschedule with price protection? I am not going under these circumstances.

I totally understand why you would not want to go. It's sad. I feel bad for you.

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of photo related things, did anyone else get the emails from royal and celebrity, giving you a code for a free 8.5 x 8.5 photo book from mixbook?  We got them, and I started putting together a book of photos from our October Odyssey sailing.  I have done a couple photo books from mixbook on our prior sailings, and they do a nice job.

We got the email too. I think I will do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

slept in till 830 this morning.  Otherwise I feel okay and ready to start my cookie baking

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😳 😮 😯 (reaction from the guy that got up 9:30 am) 😯 😮 😳 

You two are acting like a couple of teenagers sleeping the day away.🤨😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Busy day today as we are hosting a Christmas party for some of my closest work friends. Going with BBQ ribs, brisket, pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, cole slaw and baked beans. I hope everyone will be hungry. I may not be able to check back in till tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fantastic day filled with fun, food, friends and festivities. Merry Christmas!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day today as we are hosting a Christmas party for some of my closest work friends. Going with BBQ ribs, brisket, pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, cole slaw and baked beans. I hope everyone will be hungry. I may not be able to check back in till tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fantastic day filled with fun, food, friends and festivities. Merry Christmas!

Yum, yummy. I wish I worked with you. 😉

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Your menu sounds delicious.    What time should we arrive?

Have a great day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is a great price.   

I was surprised the pharmacy was handing out n95 masks yesterday for everyone getting a booster.  They even had a bunch of different stickers and coloring pages for the kids.  

That surprises me since I thought N95 was scarce and only for first responders/health care professionals.

Glad you're feeling better.  Now onward to cookie baking!

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

That surprises me since I thought N95 was scarce and only for first responders/health care professionals.

Glad you're feeling better.  Now onward to cookie baking!

One of the pharmacy workers said the Bucks County Dept. of Health had dropped off a big box of the N95 that morning to hand out to everyone.    They gave me 2.   I was surprised too!

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I cannot remember the last time I slept in till 8:30.  

Unfortunately I have to get up every morning at 7 to take medication.I cannot remember the last time I slept as late as 8:30.As of tonight,however,I am off my 11 PM medication as suggested by my Neurologist so when I am tired earlier I can go to sleep.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I cannot remember the last time I slept in till 8:30.  

Oh, what I would give to sleep that late, or that long. 

Average sleep my last 4 days. 

A4FE1656-7601-4F93-95B8-F14DD4401DFA.thumb.jpeg.2dd8d359eda3b8ed5e941408b3a6f44b.jpeg

My average nightly sleep is close to the average for the year. 

2A9CEBAD-7CDC-43C9-908D-FE165CAD50CF.thumb.png.155c82cf1fbc9c832b421e67278ca479.png

• Like 3

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

• Like 23

I don't remember who here was talking about YouTube TV but if you have not yet signed up, I'd wait.  YouTube is negotiating with Disney for their channels.  As of the end of yesterday, YouTubeTV no longer offers any Disney owned content.  As compensation, they are reducing the monthly rate from $65 to $50 while this continues to happen.  I was not originally concerned about this because we separately have the Disney+ service.  The $15 monthly price reduction actually looked like a savings to me since I was paying for duplicate content.  I did not realize though that Disney also owns ABC, ESPN, and a few other networks that we sometimes watch.  These other networks are not in the Disney+ service so as of yesterday, I don't have access to these networks.  YouTube TV even removed any recorded content from these networks on their cloud DVR service.  I hope my daughter is all caught up with the Bachelorette!  More info on this YouTube TV web page.  

I've been through this a few times with various providers (including once before with YouTube TV on Roku) and it is usually resolved quickly.  Still, I'm not happy about missing ESPN and ABC so I contacted YouTube TV and said that I would be switching services if this isn't resolved by year end.  I know that's a lot like coming here and blasting Royal Caribbean with a threat to switch cruise lines.  YouTube TV doesn't know (and in the big picture may not care) that I exist.  Switching to a competitor service like Hulu + Live TV or DirecTV Streaming is very easy to do though, especially with the ability to pause a YouTube TV subscription and get a trial version of other services.  

So if you're thinking of signing up for YouTube TV, I'd hold until this gets resolved.

Just got back from downtown Dallas, saw Leann Rimes Christmas show and stayed at a brand new Hilton again. We had to go thru metal detector for the show, never needed to do that in past, bit stupid state of Texas now allows anyone to carry a gun so theater stops you from entering with the gun. My wife followed the tv show Real housewives of Dallas for several years and one of them was at the hotel then same concert. Couple of other shows were canceled due to Covid, my wife’s cousin is still in icu , don’t understand people not getting the Covid shots and booster. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

What fantastic news!  Congrats to you and your daughter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is so cool. I got it right away but more because of my job as I ain't a lady.☺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congratulations to your youngest daughter and all your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1