Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

I'll go along with the idea the gift you give me is actually from Santa. 🎅 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

Is this for the CC Virtual Christmas party ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

All the food is cooking, and grandkids will be here in an hour for dinner and opening of the Christmas gifts.

Just got our NYE reservations made for dinner, since our entire family will be celebrating in Florida.   Of course, with the recent uptick, they wanted someplace outdoors.  Going to The Field Irish Pub, a place we discovered a few years ago.  I hope it is still good as I remember.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

In Canada cruises have yet to be given the “approval” as a safe form of vacation. That’s from March of 2020 to today, with no sign of it changing anytime soon. 

Just this week the Canadian Government said Canadians should not travel for non-essential reasons for 30 days. Final payment is mid January for our cruise and I’m in no hurry to pay. 

I am confused.  How do they know if you go on a cruise?  Couldn't a Canadian just come to the states and then get on a ship?  If there are no planes allowed to go anywhere can't people just drive across the border - there must be roads that are not monitored.  I don't think there is a border wall up there is there?  Can you travel in Canada or do they stop you from doing that somehow?  Just curious about how things are done in another country.

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am confused.  How do they know if you go on a cruise?  Couldn't a Canadian just come to the states and then get on a ship?  If there are no planes allowed to go anywhere can't people just drive across the border - there must be roads that are not monitored.  I don't think there is a border wall up there is there?  Can you travel in Canada or do they stop you from doing that somehow?  Just curious about how things are done in another country.

They only know when you return and they ask, where have you been and for how long. They just painted cruises as the evil that the general public thinks they are. Planes are flying into Canada and currently we can drive into the states.  Trust me, all roads and even open fields are well monitored by the States and Canada. To take any public transportation in Canada you must provide proof of vaccination as mask up etc, but we can travel across the country freely. 

I’d like to express my views on the decisions of my government, however I also would like to remain a member of CC. 😉🤭

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes, you are confused.  We can travel and go on a cruise if we want to... nobody is going to stop us as long as we have the necessary documents and tests required by the destination country and transportation company. The government travel advisories are just that, advisories.  Best not to travel out of the country for the time being and especially reconsider cruising.  It's mostly to do with prevalence of Covid, fluid travel conditions/rules around the world and government's ability to provide support to citizens.

Sleep Number beds also give you nice sleep data.  You can get it on their app on your phone.

sleep.thumb.PNG.909a2d420c049de89745f22a6d883cd0.PNG

Or download a more detailed report.  Not sure how accurate some of the report data is (like heart rate and breathing) but it's available.  A few screen grabs from my report for November.

image.png.ef149a06ba4f2d0e916578cb8d1f5d79.png

image.thumb.png.a136ba9aac72da19d8657beff34f87dc.png

image.thumb.png.7b7b601a8d33ccbfcfa3cbcd164e5256.png

image.thumb.png.c4178abf0e6bf5eb02c5ee49f20e7e24.png

And yes...I have the luxury of enjoying my sleep.  😴😴😴

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, you are confused.  We can travel and go on a cruise if we want to... nobody is going to stop us as long as we have the necessary documents and tests required by the destination country and transportation company. The government travel advisories are just that, advisories.  Best not to travel out of the country for the time being and especially reconsider cruising.  It's mostly to do with prevalence of Covid, fluid travel conditions/rules around the world and government's ability to provide support to citizens.

This is 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is the peanut butter cookie:

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I use light brown sugar)

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 softened butter

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

3/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

additional sugar (white or colored sugar)

Hershey Kisses (miniature or regular)

Mix first 4 ingredients by hand or mixer at medium speed then stir in flour, baking power and baking soda until dough forms

roll into 1" balls

then roll into sugar (white or colored sugar for the holidays)

bake for 8 to 10 minutes.    remove from oven then immediately place hershey kisses ontop then remove to cool.     If I use the mini kisses I put 2 on each cookie if I use regular size kisses I put one on top of each cookie. 

remove from baking sheet to cool. 

Enjoy 😍

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, HBE4 said:

I figured I should join the cat conversations. My stepdaughter cat, Leonard aka Lenny (not to be confused with our CC Lenny). Also goes by a few other nicknames not fit for publication an a family friendly website.

I guess he's my step-grandcat? Is that a thing?

20211216_124541.jpg

What a beautiful kitty.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, lenquixote66 said:

…their lead singer Roger Waters is a Holocaust denier.He said he is as well.

Unfortunately stupid can’t be fixed. I just don’t understand how people can believe this. He probably thinks covid is fake also. 🙄

On 12/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, Keksie said:

The answer is 14"  

Holly cat tail! That’s long.

@helen haywood More beautiful kitty photos.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Such a beautiful and impressive building. DH couldn't stop taking pictures from all the possible angles. We've spent a couple of enjoyable hours inside, just soaking up the colors.

_DSC5976.thumb.JPG.e9c39a321e26b204dbcc2e064573470b.JPG

_DSC5972.thumb.JPG.95340115e9b4771cc9add5ca35bc16f1.JPG

_DSC5975.thumb.JPG.82200b185bd9e4ee6f4a99f0982bb135.JPG

Lovely photos from your DH.  I am a big fan of QVB and visit every time I am in the city.  My sister in law’s beautiful  antique engagement ring is from one of the jewellers in the QVB.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

Congratulations!  How exciting. A wonderful Christmas surprise.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, jagsfan said:

Whoa! Your Orthodox barber is a denier?

Did I read that right?

On 12/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, BonTexasNY said:

That's how I read it but didn't want to mention it.  

He said he was speaking with his barber and that Roger Waters is the denier. At least that’s how I read it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

Congratulations!!  Yes I thought I had figured it out when I saw the box.  Of course we did something similar years ago with our first.  We wrapped up a onesie with " If you think I am cute you should see my Grandma" on it.  My MIL opened it and said she had the wrong gift, told her no look, again.  Others in the room looked and git it right away, she finally figured it out.  Christmas does give you a great way to make an announcement.  When my daughter was pregnant with her 1st I found out pretty much right away, the hardest part of it all was keeping it quiet until they were ready to let others know.

Enjoy all those beautiful grandbabies!!

• Like 6

After a lovely morning in the city, I spent the afternoon catching up with a friend indoors thankfully as yesterday was our first hot blast of summer 39c (102f).  At midnight a cool change came through with an impressive lightning show.  No photos of the lightning but here the lovely bush outlook at my friend’s place.

A4F95C2D-4C71-4A73-8F69-035303A934DC.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Babies and puppies and cookies!  I guess we all got some great Christmas gifts😊

My 3 favorite things.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds amazing. I've always wanted to try rum or bourbon chocolate balls.

11 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife just found out that her 51 year old unvaccinated cousin just passed away from Covid . 

I'm so sorry. That is not only sad but could of easily been prevented.

• Like 6

On 12/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, Sea Dog said:

WARNING THIS VIDEO HAS GRAPHIC CUTENESS !!!!!!!

So cute. I think she killed the poor moose. 😁

On 12/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

…Nice to have a deck again.  Yesterday was warm so we were able to enjoy the screened in area.

5AB8ED1B-12E3-4D09-96DD-B72386CE5636.thumb.jpeg.21625d57c46313126dab515d35c845f5.jpeg

And we really enjoy the view.

The girls are excited to hang out on the deck this weekend. We are too!

Looks nice. View is great also.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, sgmn said:

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

So fed up with this now.......😒

Hope he gets better soon and your DIL doesn’t catch it.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:32 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Merry Christmas from Sydney.  I was doing some  Christmas shopping in the city last weekend and Lego had these for the kiddos in the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House. 

674ED154-8ACE-49A7-8435-0099341674E7.jpeg

Amazing what Lego does these days. The 2 times we were in Sydney we stayed at the Shangri La which has some of the best views of the Opera House and the bridge. Love that area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife just found out that her 51 year old unvaccinated cousin just passed away from Covid . 

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very very very sorry to hear that. Condolences for the family.

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry. That is not only sad but could of easily been prevented.

😢

2 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Sorry for your loss.

+ 4 😢

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Congratulations!!  Yes I thought I had figured it out when I saw the box.  Of course we did something similar years ago with our first.  We wrapped up a onesie with " If you think I am cute you should see my Grandma" on it.  My MIL opened it and said she had the wrong gift, told her no look, again.  Others in the room looked and git it right away, she finally figured it out.  Christmas does give you a great way to make an announcement.  When my daughter was pregnant with her 1st I found out pretty much right away, the hardest part of it all was keeping it quiet until they were ready to let others know.

Enjoy all those beautiful grandbabies!!

We found out at Valentine’s Day- my daughter said “Do you want to see what Noel gave me for Valentine’s Day?” It was an ultrasound photo! The baby is 3 months old now, and a very easy going baby- his parents are visiting now. We are expecting another son and his dog shortly, and then the last son and boyfriend arrive in a couple of days.

And then we lock down again. Sigh. I am actually grateful that, for us, Christmas is early (21st) because if it wasn’t, some people would probably act prudently and not be with us. 

• Like 6