Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, h20skibum said:

I know Canada has more restrictions than we do here in the states.  Now that Canada came out with an advisory to not travel on cruise ships outside of Canada, it may give me pause if I lived in Canada.

In Canada cruises have yet to be given the “approval” as a safe form of vacation. That’s from March of 2020 to today, with no sign of it changing anytime soon. 

Just this week the Canadian Government said Canadians should not travel for non-essential reasons for 30 days. Final payment is mid January for our cruise and I’m in no hurry to pay. 

• Like 3

I regards to our golfing location. It was 45 min south of Oxford Ohio. 

Ozark. Congratulations!!!!

Took us almost 2 1/2 hours in traffic and fog to get to Columbus to watch the volleyball tournament tonight. 
we are at the Drury hotel within walking district nationwide arena.  ( hiccup) 

later 

415CA261-79FD-41A8-AE64-0231D9C10109.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

Congratulations to you and your family

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yum, yummy. I wish I worked with you. 😉

Come on over we will have plenty of food.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your menu sounds delicious.    What time should we arrive?

Have a great day!

6:30pm. Fire up your private jet and you should be just fine.

the beautiful gift on the way!

Congratulations to your daughter and the whole family. What a great Christmas present.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't remember who here was talking about YouTube TV but if you have not yet signed up, I'd wait. 

That was me and I agree. I am so mad right now. It's all about greed. Luckily I have a digital antenna laying around so I hooked it up so we could get my station I used to work at. Especially crappy at Christmas time when kids love to watch Disney holiday movies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I forgot to hit the submit reply button hours ago.  haha

I wanted to comment that although I never saw choco covered ritz crackers, I have had choco covered potato chips that were delicious.  Haven't seen them in quite a few years.

We have a local chocolatier that makes chocolate covered potato chips and chocolate covered popcorn. 
Both made with top quality chocolate, and are delicious!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

We have a local chocolatier that makes chocolate covered potato chips and chocolate covered popcorn. 
Both made with top quality chocolate, and are delicious!

I have had chocolate covered potato chips but never popcorn.We have chocolate covered pretzels in our house now.

Last night the whole family was together opening Christmas gifts!  The biggest gift for me and Sharon was the fact we were all together…….. Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open….. As Sharon opened it I saw a huge look of happiness glowing on her face. She was tearing up.  All I am seeing is a big empty book.  The daughters jump up, look in the box and start screaming with happiness.  Then they start hugging on our youngest daughter.  I am still not getting it. I am thinking they are happy she thought to give us such a great gift.  Must of been something they been planning to give us but couldn’t find it.    At the bottom of the box was a picture but I couldn’t figure out what it is.  Must be a pic of the gift that will later arrive.

A4ACD41D-9CB8-4F59-80CF-69FF5DEB0CBC.thumb.jpeg.5c9c16cfcf12da23e82f22a55c3f23d3.jpeg

When I glanced at pic again I thought it might be a picture of a makeup kit.  Didn’t understand all the excitement.  Then Sharon had me look closer.  I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

D13F9DD1-0FBB-4F55-98B4-2FC85FDBE04C.thumb.jpeg.eae127d433a233c7fae9e5710780aed2.jpeg

Awwww, congratulations!  What a lovely Christmas surprise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations, what a wonderful gift!  And a very clever way to share the news. 
We learned we were going to be first time grandparents when our oldest daughter was showing us a stack of pictures from their bathroom renovation.  She snuck an ultrasound print of the baby about halfway through the stack of pictures.  
Middle daughter shared news of her first during a family trip to Disney.  She handed us a bag from a store in the Magic Kingdom and said “oh, we bought this today”. Inside was a set of Mickey ears with “Baby Xxxxx” embroidered on it. (Not really x’s, it was their last name)

Great memories. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Oh, what I would give to sleep that late, or that long. Average sleep my last 4 days. 

I'm with you on this, Mark. At least I can sleep late, but I manage to fall asleep late, so that's my average too.

5-5.30 hours sleep is a real gift.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Until are youngest daughter handed us a big box to open…..

I am sure the ladies here will understand why the girls didn’t have to look as close at the picture to understand the beautiful gift on the way!

Joining in with the congratulations.      Yes, "we" do...

I was even "a step ahead of you" thinking that a picture of the 1st US was hiding in the box 😉 At least, that's what we got...

Of course, DH was clueless, while I was jumping up and down 😁 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you Debbie!

Here is the peanut butter cookie:

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I use light brown sugar)

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 softened butter

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

3/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

additional sugar (white or colored sugar)

Hershey Kisses (miniature or regular)

Mix first 4 ingredients by hand or mixer at medium speed then stir in flour, baking power and baking soda until dough forms

roll into 1" balls

then roll into sugar (white or colored sugar for the holidays)

bake for 8 to 10 minutes.    remove from oven then immediately place hershey kisses ontop then remove to cool.     If I use the mini kisses I put 2 on each cookie if I use regular size kisses I put one on top of each cookie. 

remove from baking sheet to cool. 

Enjoy 😍

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Oh, what I would give to sleep that late, or that long. 

Average sleep my last 4 days. 
My average nightly sleep is close to the average for the year. 

I didn't know there was an app to track your sleeping.   I would be afraid to see mine. 

I tossed and turned most of the night last.   I don't know if it was because of the booster shot as I recall last March when I got vaxxed I couldn't sleep at all with one of the doses.    So around 5:30 / 6 am when I usually get up both of my cats climbed into bed and curled up with me and purred me back to sleep.   I woke up with Eva tapping me on my face as they wanted their breakfast.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

CONGRATULATIONS!    How exciting for everyone.     Is this your youngest Daughter's first baby?🥰

• Thanks 1

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't know there was an app to track your sleeping.   I would be afraid to see mine. 

I tossed and turned most of the night last.   I don't know if it was because of the booster shot as I recall last March when I got vaxxed I couldn't sleep at all with one of the doses.    So around 5:30 / 6 am when I usually get up both of my cats climbed into bed and curled up with me and purred me back to sleep.   I woke up with Eva tapping me on my face as they wanted their breakfast.

It is the Fitbit app, linked to my Charge 4 fitness tracker.  

There are times I don’t need it to tell me I had a crappy night’s sleep.  I already know before I look. 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So far I have made a batch of rum balls that are chilling in the fridge to be rolled in godiva cocoa powder later on, made a batch of tollhouse cookies with M&M's, batch of tollhouse with chocolate chunks, 2 batches of fudge - one dark chocolate with pecans and the other is milk chocolate with mini marshmallows and one batch of oatmeal with raisin. 

I have to run to the food store and figure out dinner and get more confectioner sugar as I had a major spill of powder sugar everywhere including on top of Eva's head and back as she kept hanging out in the kitchen and getting under my feet.      

Tomorrow I will make Russian Tea Cakes for the first time, peanut butter cookies and a batch of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.     Tonight I think I better start to wrap some presents.   I have quite a pile of boxes and bags in my dining room to sort through.  

What time shall I come? How many zip lock baggies am I allowed to bring?☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 6