Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/15/2021 at 7:45 AM, Lionesss said:

In our challenging world, when one reaches a  milestone anymore, I truly am grateful.

So today, it is for me.................... I am blessed to be celebrating my: 65th. birthday.

The road has had many twist and turns, ups and downs, but I am blessed for everything I have.

" . . . . remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed, always something new to be found treasured and share........................."

To all, be safe, stay healthy*

*yup, love that copy and paste feature. (as seen on other thread).

Happy Birthday!
Missed being on CC because I was busy getting my pacemaker!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My mother’s uncle was cremated in a *** prison camp, we’ve never checked to see which one. He was a Catholic. His crime? He was a baker.
The merchants in the area were ordered not to sell to Jews any more. 
He would bake in the middle of the night and go out and put bread on his neighbors’ doorsteps. 
Then he would bake for his store at 4am and open for his normal hours. 
Somebody reported him. He was taken out of his bakery and never seen again. 
The family was notified at some point that he was cremated. 
My daughter visited Dachau when she was in college and took her family there when her girls were young teenagers. 
She felt it was important that they experience the horror so they would never forget the Holocaust and raise their own children not to forget.  

What a terribly sad story Mimi.

I'm so sorry for your family.

Your mother's uncle sounded like a really good person.

Graham

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The absolute best and largest prime rib I ever had was approx. 40 years ago in Durgin Park Restaurant. When I saw you mention Faneuil Hall it jogged my memory.  We were with friends and waited on line 2 hours to be seated!  We had loads of fun getting to know the people on line near us.  My friend's husband used his folded up umbrella as a microphone to interview people around us.  Such a cut up. Non stop laughter.  Salty tongued waitresses, one who shouted very loud for my friend's husband to move his a$$.  His wife and I laughed so hard we cried.

We took our daughter’s then fiancé to Durgin Park. He didn’t know us well, and was a little nervous. 
The waitresses were like the ones in Carnegie Deli…have your order ready or get skipped. Lots of yelling going on. 
When  Jon didn’t clean his plate, our waitress told him no dessert. 
He ordered dessert with the rest of us. 
Ours came, no dessert for Jon. 
He said something and she leaned over in his face and said “I told you no dessert. Did you think I didn’t mean it?”

34 years later, if anyone mentions Boston, Jon tells them not to eat at Durgin Park. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Birthday!

Hope you are feeling good and congratulations Mimi!

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My mother’s uncle was cremated in a *** prison camp, we’ve never checked to see which one. He was a Catholic. His crime? He was a baker.
The merchants in the area were ordered not to sell to Jews any more. 
He would bake in the middle of the night and go out and put bread on his neighbors’ doorsteps. 
Then he would bake for his store at 4am and open for his normal hours. 
Somebody reported him. He was taken out of his bakery and never seen again. 
The family was notified at some point that he was cremated. 
My daughter visited Dachau when she was in college and took her family there when her girls were young teenagers. 
She felt it was important that they experience the horror so they would never forget the Holocaust and raise their own children not to forget.  

Thank you Mimi for sharing this story. Everyone must never forget.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:
2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I worked in a heavily traffic area of Plano, very close to Bush Turnpike, a bobcat was seen in our parking lot.  Can't imagine where it came from.  It was only seen twice in 3 years.

A few years ago I was in my backyard ready to jump in the pool and I saw a bobcat walking on top of my fence . 

I live in Carrollton, and there are bobcats in our neighborhood all the time. Our Nextdoor is full of people posting pics of seeing them in their yards, taking naps on their front porches, etc.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Final tribal and fire challenge over. Jury vote coming up.

I guess I'm watching this all by myself.😐

I’m in the hospital and forget the the connector to my portable charger fit my iPhone 6 Plus but not my 8 Plus. 
So had to stay off my phone till Dick could bring another cable. 
On top of that, I dozed off and missed Jeopardy and Survivor. 
Aftermath of general anesthesia, I guess. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is growing up.  She has learned to trill and to make biscuits.  She still hasn't learned the cat door.  

109613317_Samantha23.thumb.jpeg.beb93101b417cd106352fd3b2d3f9b50.jpeg

Such a long beautiful tail. It looks almost as long as her.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Birthday!

Congrats on getting your pacemaker. Hope you feel better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I had a longtime coworker who made the best chocolate cookies I have ever tasted and they were like mountains not flat. She would never give out the recipe (which I think is very selfish) but I have figured out most of the recipe to get the cookies to rise and taste very cookie doughy in the middle. 

I love chocolate cookies but my all time favorite is peanut butter cookies with miniature hershey kisses on top.    

As a little girl my Dad used to bring home the most amazing peanut butter cookies from someone on his mail route.    She gave the recipe to my Dad and I have been making them ever since. 

I never understand why some people don't like to share recipes.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is heart breaking. Give Wendell bunches of hugs from me.

I totally agree with you. When one of our cats died from cancer her best (only) pal licked her belly and tail of almost all of her fur. She never did excess licking before but just the typical cat cleaning. It took her many, many months to quit. 

We will hug him like crazy!!!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Final immunity is over.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Final tribal and fire challenge over. Jury vote coming up.

I guess I'm watching this all by myself.😐

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jury tribal is about to start.... I am obviously talking to myself here tonight.🙂

Jim and I were watching it while you were😊

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was really tired yesterday but I think it was because I couldn't sleep Monday night as I was so cold and uncomfortable. Today I'm fine.

Glad you are feeling better!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoyed Survivor last night.  I'm tempted to type a few thoughts here while trying to keep from revealing what happened (for those who haven't watched yet).  I think I'd end up giving too much away, so I'll wait a few days.  I will say that I like having the reunion show live back in LA.  It gives all of the contestants a chance to clean up, put some weight back on, and dress up nicely.  It's interesting to see how different some people look.  It's also nice that families can be there to celebrate.

I think they didn't have the reunion show back in LA probably due to the Pandemic.  It could've been a big PIA if everyone in the audience didn't have their vaccines because, you know.....

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

What a terribly sad story Mimi.

I'm so sorry for your family.

Your mother's uncle sounded like a really good person.

Graham

He was a true hero.  God Bless him.  May he Rest in Peace.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We took our daughter’s then fiancé to Durgin Park. He didn’t know us well, and was a little nervous. 
The waitresses were like the ones in Carnegie Deli…have your order ready or get skipped. Lots of yelling going on. 
When  Jon didn’t clean his plate, our waitress told him no dessert. 
He ordered dessert with the rest of us. 
Ours came, no dessert for Jon. 
He said something and she leaned over in his face and said “I told you no dessert. Did you think I didn’t mean it?”

34 years later, if anyone mentions Boston, Jon tells them not to eat at Durgin Park. 

That is hysterical!😁 Thanks for sharing

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hope you are feeling good and congratulations Mimi!

Thank you Mimi for sharing this story. Everyone must never forget.

Never Forget.  

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m in the hospital and forget the the connector to my portable charger fit my iPhone 6 Plus but not my 8 Plus. 
So had to stay off my phone till Dick could bring another cable. 
On top of that, I dozed off and missed Jeopardy and Survivor. 
Aftermath of general anesthesia, I guess. 

So glad it's all over for you, Mimi.  I sure hope you are feeling so much better now.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love chocolate cookies but my all time favorite is peanut butter cookies with miniature hershey kisses on top.    

As a little girl my Dad used to bring home the most amazing peanut butter cookies from someone on his mail route.    She gave the recipe to my Dad and I have been making them ever since. 

I never understand why some people don't like to share recipes.    

That sounds delicious!  My favorite Christmas cookies are Russian Teacakes.  Yum!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finally caught up on this thread, have been avoiding it until we watched Survivor.  Everyone has been good about not giving away anything though.  I agree with a lot of the comments here about the votes and lack of votes, surprising.  I did like that they read the vote and didn't make them wait until the live audience after show.  I also liked having the after show immediately too and not staged months later.  I do think that Probst totally helped the immunity winner by calling distances, don't remember him doing that in the past.  

We had a delicious dinner at Union Oyster House last night before the Genesis concert.  As far as the concert goes, I really think this should be the Last Domino ( concert was the Last Domino? tour leaving everyone thinking there might be another in the future).  The band is still marvelous and Nic Collins is a phenomenal drummer.  Phil Collins has really declined since we saw his solo tour in 2018.  The first song, Turn in on Again, was hard to listen to as he was painfully flat and missed some lyrics.  He now has two backup singers that sing along with him when he can't hit a note or needs the lyrics.  We have been to more Genesis and Phil Collins solo concerts than I can remember and he has always been an amazing live performer, it was just sad to see him struggle.  They played a lot of their longer, instrument heavy songs that were amazing as always.  They did a bunch of their songs that turn into sing a longs like Home By the Sea and Tonight, Tonight.  Phil did seem to get better as the night went on and actually did well with the final encore, The Carpet Crawlers.  We had a really good night and are glad we went but I don't think we would pay the price we paid to go see them again, sadly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you had a wonderful evening  last night, between your wonderful dinner and then the Genesis Concert afterwards.  It is so sad when our favorite performers have aged, along with their voices.  We felt that way after going to the Melanie Concert last year.😟

• Like 2

I figured I should join the cat conversations. My stepdaughter cat, Leonard aka Lenny (not to be confused with our CC Lenny). Also goes by a few other nicknames not fit for publication an a family friendly website.

I guess he's my step-grandcat? Is that a thing?

20211216_124541.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you had a wonderful evening  last night, between your wonderful dinner and then the Genesis Concert afterwards.  It is so sad when our favorite performers have aged, along with their voices.  We felt that way after going to the Melanie Concert last year.😟

He retired at one point but loves to tour.  He had a serious neck injury that lead to nerve damage after surgery that leaves him barely able to hold a drumstick now.  He also had a fall on tour a few years ago and sustained a head injury leaving him with more problems.  He also has severe hearing loss which has to be a real issue with trying to stay on key.  It is amazing they are touring in their 70's.  I just read that they cancelled a concert less than a week ago due to "unforeseen circumstances" so that makes you wonder if their is something else going on.  Boston is their last stop in the US on this tour.  Last night was supposed to be the last concert but they added a second after the first sold out instantly.  Still glad we went.  🙂 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I figured I should join the cat conversations. My stepdaughter cat, Leonard aka Lenny (not to be confused with our CC Lenny). Also goes by a few other nicknames not fit for publication an a family friendly website.

I guess he's my step-grandcat? Is that a thing?

20211216_124541.jpg

Beautiful kitty

• Like 2