Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh boy, that is horrible!

Thanks Marietta..so weird!

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank goodness for the timing that let you get rid of the tick and get a prescription so quickly. 
I never think of ticks even when brushing up against trees and bushes. 

Thanks Mimi, neither do I!

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I would not of been thinking tick this time of year.  They are a big problem here with all the deer in the neighborhood but you usually don’t notice them as much this time of year.  Glad the doctor was able to get it out.

Jim was saying the same thing.  Thank you, John

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh yuck!    In the past I have picked many ticks out of my cats fur and occassionally myself and have always found them to be such a gross insect.    Sounds like that bugger really got in there.     Good thing urgent care was there to help.  😍

My daughters have done the same with their dogs, and an occasional child!  Thanks Debbie.  They couldn't have been any nicer.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Thankfully the tick was removed and hopefully the antibiotic will clear any infection.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.  The doctor felt all will be good,  he just told me what after effects to look for.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh no, I am glad you were able to get it removed quickly!  I hate bugs, I would have been freaking out!

Thank you, mema!  I probably would have, if it was on one of the grandchildren!

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully to are feeling better now,MaryAnn.

I'm good, Lenny.  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, I am so sorry this happened to you but luckily it was taken care of that night.  Scary when it happened, I am sure.

Aw, thank you, Bonnie!  Yes.  If I couldn't have had it taken out last night, I would've been beside myself.

• Like 3

So imagine you get a call saying you’re having a procedure done in two days. 
You’re told to drive downtown to the main hospital for COVID test and lab work tomorrow as early as possible in order for the results to be received in time. 
Now imagine driving I95 in early morning rush hour gridlock to get to the hospital lab. 
8:55am you check in to the lab and are told there are no orders for anything for you. 
You call the cardiology office and get transferred to someone’s voice mail. 
You call back, said you need a human now!! You’re told you will get a human. 
You get transferred to someone else’s voicemail. 
4th phone call, you get an appointment scheduler, and you beg him with tears in your voice, not to transfer you. After your explanation, he puts you on hold , comes back, and asks for the fax number of the lab. 
After you repeat the request and prepare to get up and walk back to the check in, desk, 2 people in the waiting room say “He’s getting it”, and you look up to see an elderly man shuffling toward you with a sticky note in his hand. The fax number!!

Aren’t eavesdroppers wonderful!

The fax comes in. It’s only for the COVID test! How about the lab work, you ask?

“They don’t want lab work, only the COVID test” is the answer from the blonde behind the desk. 
Your doctor is going to stick wires into your heart, but it’s not important enough for blood work???

So you trudge back to the COVID test area, and while having the swab twirling around inside your nose “don’t sneeze, don’t sneeze”, you mutter that you were told lab work, so why no lab work??

Luckily, your guardian Angel (or fairy godmother) pops in from nowhere, and asks you to repeat that. 
Then she says “come with me”. Back to check in you go. She tells you to have a seat, and goes behind the desk. 
The blonde picks up a pile of papers, and hands them to guardian Angel who pulls one out and hands it to her. 
Having done her magic act, she leaves, passing you and giving you a “thumbs up” sign. 
Five minutes later, you’re getting blood drawn as per the orders (including a COVID test) that were somehow missed for an hour and a half!!!
None of the people you left voicemail messages with ever called you back. 
There is a reason doctors’ answering machines always say “If this is a life threatening emergency, hang up and call 911”! 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You’re told to drive downtown to the main hospital for COVID test and lab work tomorrow as early as possible in order for the results to be received in time. 
Now imagine driving I95 in early morning rush hour gridlock to get to the hospital lab. 
8:55am you check in to the lab and are told there are no orders for anything for you. 
4th phone call, you get an appointment scheduler, and you beg him with tears in your voice, not to transfer you. After your explanation, he puts you on hold , comes back, and asks for the fax number of the lab. 
After you repeat the request and prepare to get up and walk back to the check in, desk, 2 people in the waiting room say “He’s getting it”, and you look up to see an elderly man shuffling toward you with a sticky note in his hand. The fax number!!

The fax comes in. It’s only for the COVID test! How about the lab work, you ask?

“They don’t want lab work, only the COVID test” is the answer from the blonde behind the desk. 
Your doctor is going to stick wires into your heart, but it’s not important enough for blood work???

So you trudge back to the COVID test area, and while having the swab twirling around inside your nose “don’t sneeze, don’t sneeze”, you mutter that you were told lab work, so why no lab work??

Luckily, your guardian Angel (or fairy godmother) pops in from nowhere, and asks you to repeat that. 
Then she says “come with me”. Back to check in you go. She tells you to have a seat, and goes behind the desk. 
The blonde picks up a pile of papers, and hands them to guardian Angel who pulls one out and hands it to her. 
Having done her magic act, she leaves, passing you and giving you a “thumbs up” sign. 
Five minutes later, you’re getting blood drawn as per the orders (including a COVID test) that were somehow missed for an hour and a half!!!
There is a reason doctors’ answering machines always say “If this is a life threatening emergency, hang up and call 911”! 

I hate long drawn out times like this.  Glad it all worked out in the end.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

NOBODY should ever have to go through that.   I am sorry you had to.  At least it was finally taken care of correctly with much aggravation on your part, I am sure.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Good gawd. This is unbelievable and unforgivable. Oh wait, it's the Christmas season. I may have to rethink unforgivable. 

So sorry you had to go through this trauma. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I was eating dinner last night, when all of a sudden I got this burning pain on my right side;  very similar to the pain I had when I had gotten shingles several years ago.  My first thought was...am I having a reaction from my Shingrex shot I had gotten about 2 weeks ago<  That would be impossible!  I lifted my shirt to find that I was red and swollen, with something dark in the middle.  My daughter looked and said it was a tick.  She tried to get it out...she saw the legs moving, but couldn't get it out.  Luckily, it was just after 7, and Urgent Care closed at 8:00.  Luckily also that since she couldn't get it out, the doctor could, and gave me Doxycyclin right away.  While searching for the perfect tree (which we did get..it's a beauty!) ticks never crossed our minds.  

End of story😉

Ticks are a big problem for us as our backyard is wooded and we have lots of deer. Every time I mow the grass afterwards when inside I strip down and check for ticks. They find the weirdest places to settle on your body.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Joebob likes the Christmas tree

image.thumb.jpeg.05c39616f94da62ce78e2d857688df96.jpeg

Our Cat Kylar loves to do the same thing under the tree.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Regina, our cruise friend gifted her Unofficial TA (Sharon) today!

318383FB-B2D6-416B-A92B-19B924791CAE.thumb.jpeg.3a948d04753fa732525024be6f0e04f9.jpeg

How cool is that? I love it.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just listened to the most amazing story of the son of a ***.  The son served in the Israeli army, later converted to Judaism. I could not stop listening.  It's over 40 minutes but for me the time flew.  Please just ignore if you aren't interested.  a

Bonnie, thank you for sharing this video.   What a remarkable and heartwarming man he is.  The analogy he made about his parents lying in the shadow of history at the cemetery...wow.  Also, something to think about, when the Rabbi mentioned to him that the Jewish people no longer had emotions after the war...😢

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Good grief, Mimi!  Thank God for Guardian Angels!  So sorry you had to go through this horrendous ordeal today.  Prayers for you Mimi!🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, thank you for sharing this video.   What a remarkable and heartwarming man he is.  The analogy he made about his parents lying in the shadow of history at the cemetery...wow.  Also, something to think about, when the Rabbi mentioned to him that the Jewish people no longer had emotions after the war...😢

He is an amazing speaker.  It didn't look like he was reading from notes, but speaking from his heart. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

OMG - it truly sounds so frustrating but I completely understand as I have been through some of this with Eric's Doctors in the past.     I have left some doctors office wondering and scratching my head.    Amazing how no one calls back either.      At least all was good at the end and good luck with the install of your pace maker.   😍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

He is an amazing speaker.  It didn't look like he was reading from notes, but speaking from his heart. 

I am a former President of both the Hebrew Cultural Society of NY and a former Vice President of B’Nai B’rith International.We have had many similiar speakers over the years.This guy was very moving .Unfortunately there are too many people in this world who are Holocaust deniers.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am a former President of both the Hebrew Cultural Society of NY and a former Vice President of B’Nai B’rith International.We have had many similiar speakers over the years.This guy was very moving .Unfortunately there are too many people in this world who are Holocaust deniers.

3 years ago I arranged for an amazing woman, Rina Finder, a Schindlers List Holocaust survivor, to speak at my firm in Boston and share her story .  Inspiring, inspirational, positive, amazing!  She did of course share the atrocities she and her mom endured, but that was not the focus of her talk.  Rather she focused on the forward and positive aspects of their life AFTER they were rescued.  I could go on and on about the impact she imparted on all of us!  I encourage you to go to Google Mrs. Finder, read her story, watch her videos, be inspired, you will be better for it!  We are all blessed that we still have people like Mrs. Finder to share such an important truth.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unbelievable, but very true. 
You have to wonder what makes people deny the horrible truth. And if they really believe what they’re saying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

3 years ago I arranged for an amazing woman, Rina Finder, a Schindlers List Holocaust survivor, to speak at my firm in Boston and share her story .  Inspiring, inspirational, positive, amazing!  She did of course share the atrocities she and her mom endured, but that was not the focus of her talk.  Rather she focused on the forward and positive aspects of their life AFTER they were rescued.  I could go on and on about the impact she imparted on all of us!  I encourage you to go to Google Mrs. Finder, read her story, watch her videos, be inspired, you will be better for it!  We are all blessed that we still have people like Mrs. Finder to share such an important truth.

She is an amazing woman I have heard her speak.I am very glad that you posted this.My mother had a sister who died in Auchwitz and my father a brother who died in Bergen -Belsen.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How can anyone possibly deny what happened? There was not even an attempt to cover anything up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately,Mimi they do believe what they say.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

She is an amazing woman I have heard her speak.I am very glad that you posted this.My mother had a sister who died in Auchwitz and my father a brother who died in Bergen -Belsen.

May they continue to Rest In Peace!  No matter what ones religious beliefs, I believe that those that suffer most in our humanity, rest more peacefully in their eternity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How can anyone possibly deny what happened? There was not even an attempt to cover anything 

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How can anyone possibly deny what happened? There was not even an attempt to cover anything up.

Some very prominent Americans deny that it never happened.I cannot believe that you are unaware.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

For my mother's family, it was Treblinka.  a sister, 4 small nephews/nieces and a brother. Not sure about my father's family.

For those who commented, thank you so much.  Never forget!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have read deniers say there were no concentration camps, just work camps, that survivors are lying and that the Jews died because of a plague, a terrible sickness.  You can't argue with a denier.  It's so hurtful to read BUT then I think of Schindler's List and the Steven Spielberg Foundation and I know the truth will never be forgotten.

I will now look up Rina Finder although I believe I have heard her speak as well.

The beauty of this thread is that hard and heavy topics like the above can be discussed with compassion and tolerance and openness.  Then a totally different topic is introduced right after, that makes me smile.  I so love that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

For my mother's family, it was Treblinka.  a sister, 4 small nephews/nieces and a brother. Not sure about my father's family.

For those who commented, thank you so much.  Never forget!

I have read deniers say there were no concentration camps, just work camps, that survivors are lying and that the Jews died because of a plague, a terrible sickness.  You can't argue with a denier.  It's so hurtful to read BUT then I think of Schindler's List and the Steven Spielberg Foundation and I know the truth will never be forgotten.

I will now look up Rina Finder although I believe I have heard her speak as well.

The beauty of this thread is that hard and heavy topics like the above can be discussed with compassion and tolerance and openness.  Then a totally different topic is introduced right after, that makes me smile.  I so love that.

https://www.facinghistory.org/for-educators/educator-resources/resource-collections/survivor-testimony/rena-finder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1