Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Uh Oh, I meant Debbie, since I think she lives in Bucks County.

So sorry.🙃I should stick to CC names since I am getting my Bonnies and Debbies mixed up.

Haha, glad that's settled.  I really was wondering.  No apologies necessary. 

• Haha 1

I may have mentioned that I have been working on a family history book.  My original intention was to have it completed and printed by Christmas, but that deadline will slip.  At this point, I prefer not to rush things, and to double and triple check everything I uncover.

One of the interesting things I came across was a photo of Susan's cousin, once removed, with a couple of people some of you may recognize.  Now I may have to research the backstory of how he ended up in this photo.  Maybe the six degrees of separation are down to 3 or 4 in our case.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.87f3d8d5c13163f3aa285237e9edd9d7.jpg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No, I didn't... It totally skipped my mind, beside the fact that they got a special dispensation to carry on with the contest, even with the new Omicron regulations in place.

Eilat is a very nice place, nr. 1 destination for vacation for the locals. Since DH and sun soaked vacations don't get along (melanoma, SCC&BCC), it's been 20 years since we've been to Eilat. 

One of the reasons it skipped my mind is that, influenced by friends who have spent the WE in Nazareth, we decided yesterday afternoon, on the spur of the moment, to book a night there, to see the X-mas celebrations. We've never been there. I know..., and it's a shame.

DH wanted an authentic place, and not a chain (Ramada, like our friends). After many searches, and reading TripAdvisor reviews, I think I've found the ONE.

Hope to have some nice pictures tomorrow. Rain is predicted from tomorrow afternoon until X-mas, so hopefully, we'll manage to visit some places before the "deluge"...

Yes, Eilat looked beautiful.  Beautiful mountains.  

I heard the contestants and their families had to get tested several times during their stay.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Nazareth with decent weather.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Mimi, I had your favorite last night......Shrimp Foo Yong. It was really good and I was enjoying it......but then I found (bit on) a small piece of glass in it and had to throw it away.

Bonnie, we went to see the drive through Christmas Light show in Bucks County. (thought about you)

Omg, hope you didnt get hurt by the glass.

Did you go to Shady Brook farms to see lights?

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s not just y’all (both of you). This morning it wouldn’t let me quote, this afternoon CC wouldn’t let me post.  It just goes in waves.  I just move to a different thread for awhile and come back.  Maybe hit refresh a couple times. I am not sure there is a surefire way to fix it.  

That's what I do.  I dont clear cookies.  I just browse other threads, hit like button then pop back and can usually post then.  Sometimes I hit the + sign even for a single quote.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What about Lee's empty threat.... "I'll cancel the rest of the season"... yeah right, and the owners of that boat will cancel him.

Exactly. On their off days why don't the teams have short training sessions? Has the deck crew gotten that slide out correctly even once this season? They are ALL green!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Exactly. On their off days why don't the teams have short training sessions? Has the deck crew gotten that slide out correctly even once this season? They are ALL green!

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

They heard you!

And it took them an hour?😯😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

The only one not screwing up so far is Rachel.

I predict Eddie will lose a stripe. 

Eddie is doing a lousy job. He should have been checking the deck team's work before Lee found the issues. He also is just a yes man to Lee. He rarely ever presents an opposing viewpoint or an original idea to Lee.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What about Lee's empty threat.... "I'll cancel the rest of the season"... yeah right, and the owners of that boat will cancel him.

I look at it differently.  The production company has leased the yacht  to film a show.  If the ships sails or not I think the owner is fine IMO. The think the production crew would have the bigger issue. Just my take. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I look at it differently.  The production company has leased the yacht  to film a show.  If the ships sails or not I think the owner is fine IMO. The think the production crew would have the bigger issue. Just my take. 

True, if the boat is leased and the owners get their money then they probably couldn't care less.

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

True, if the boat is leased and the owners get their money then they probably couldn't care less.

They would still be paying for their own "base" ship crew wether the ship is chartered or not. The shows crew is there for the drama, while the owners full time crew is rarely seen.

Captain Lee almost seems to be the leader of it.