Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg, hope you didnt get hurt by the glass.

Did you go to Shady Brook farms to see lights?

Yessss!

We always saw the lights along I 295 ish from a distance when we drove but never got around to visiting till now. My favorite was the Irish Dancing girls display.

I did not get hurt with the glass. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yessss!

We always saw the lights along I 295 ish from a distance when we drove but never got around to visiting till now. My favorite was the Irish Dancing girls display.

I did not get hurt with the glass. Thanks.

They do a gorgeous display every year.  Always fun to drive thru.🎄

They are minutes away from us.

Glad you didnt hurt by the glass😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and a mild 8°C.

I have just got home after doing 3 hours of sales calls.

Pauline is a lot better this morning and is busy working from home.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care and stay safe 😷

Graham.

Screenshot_20211214_110618.jpg

Great cartoon.

So happy to hear Pauline is feeling better today.  Seems that people that do get a reaction only lasts for a day.  Hopefully all will go well when I get my booster this week as we are extremely busy at work trying to close everyones new homes before Christmas.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

By the way, I get my pacemaker Wednesday at 12:30pm. No lunch for me!

I was starting to think it would run into Christmas and I’d miss my roast beef and Yorkshire! 

When my mother got her's it gave her so much peace of mind. That is my hope for you. These pacemakers are so technically advanced now.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Next week looks interesting... more screw ups.

Will watch in Friday, but you have me very interested.

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

The only one not screwing up so far is Rachel.

I predict Eddie will lose a stripe. 

That would be interesting to see. I think Rachel  has turned a 180. She seems like the adult in the room. I'm glad she changed. She is too talented as a chef to be self destructive.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

By the way, I get my pacemaker Wednesday at 12:30pm. No lunch for me!

I was starting to think it would run into Christmas and I’d miss my roast beef and Yorkshire! 

So happy for you, Mimi!  We'll be praying for you.🙏  It'll be worth missing lunch on Wednesday.🥰

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s not just y’all (both of you). This morning it wouldn’t let me quote, this afternoon CC wouldn’t let me post.  It just goes in waves.  I just move to a different thread for awhile and come back.  Maybe hit refresh a couple times. I am not sure there is a surefire way to fix it.  

I  hit refresh every time I have a problem quoting when I first get on.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

Glad to hear Pauline is feeling better!

This cartoon brings to mind an incident in Florida last year when the Covid vaccines were becoming available to those over 65...it was insanity trying to register to get the vaccine.  Well, these two women got their date for their first shot.  The women were somewhere in their 40's or so...I don't quite remember...anyhoo, they dressed up to resemble older women, but they got caught.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was eating dinner last night, when all of a sudden I got this burning pain on my right side;  very similar to the pain I had when I had gotten shingles several years ago.  My first thought was...am I having a reaction from my Shingrex shot I had gotten about 2 weeks ago<  That would be impossible!  I lifted my shirt to find that I was red and swollen, with something dark in the middle.  My daughter looked and said it was a tick.  She tried to get it out...she saw the legs moving, but couldn't get it out.  Luckily, it was just after 7, and Urgent Care closed at 8:00.  Luckily also that since she couldn't get it out, the doctor could, and gave me Doxycyclin right away.  While searching for the perfect tree (which we did get..it's a beauty!) ticks never crossed our minds.  

End of story😉

• Like 6

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I may have mentioned that I have been working on a family history book.  My original intention was to have it completed and printed by Christmas, but that deadline will slip.  At this point, I prefer not to rush things, and to double and triple check everything I uncover.

One of the interesting things I came across was a photo of Susan's cousin, once removed, with a couple of people some of you may recognize.  Now I may have to research the backstory of how he ended up in this photo.  Maybe the six degrees of separation are down to 3 or 4 in our case.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.87f3d8d5c13163f3aa285237e9edd9d7.jpg

I’d love to hear the rest of the story. 
He’s on the right side of the barricade, which is intriguing!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I was eating dinner last night, when all of a sudden I got this burning pain on my right side;  very similar to the pain I had when I had gotten shingles several years ago.  My first thought was...am I having a reaction from my Shingrex shot I had gotten about 2 weeks ago<  That would be impossible!  I lifted my shirt to find that I was red and swollen, with something dark in the middle.  My daughter looked and said it was a tick.  She tried to get it out...she saw the legs moving, but couldn't get it out.  Luckily, it was just after 7, and Urgent Care closed at 8:00.  Luckily also that since she couldn't get it out, the doctor could, and gave me Doxycyclin right away.  While searching for the perfect tree (which we did get..it's a beauty!) ticks never crossed our minds.  

End of story😉

Oh boy, that is horrible!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, Arzeena said:

Mimi, I had your favorite last night......Shrimp Foo Yong. It was really good and I was enjoying it......but then I found (bit on) a small piece of glass in it and had to throw it away.

Bonnie, we went to see the drive through Christmas Light show in Bucks County. (thought about you)

I’m glad you didn’t get cut by the glass. 
When I find a piece of glass in food I always wonder when it got there. 
Surely if it was in the kitchen, someone would have noticed a broken glass!

I’m sorry it happened to you. 
comfort food isn’t comforting if it could slit your throat!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Thank goodness for the timing that let you get rid of the tick and get a prescription so quickly. 
I never think of ticks even when brushing up against trees and bushes. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

I would not of been thinking tick this time of year.  They are a big problem here with all the deer in the neighborhood but you usually don’t notice them as much this time of year.  Glad the doctor was able to get it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Will watch in Friday, but you have me very interested.

That would be interesting to see. I think Rachel  has turned a 180. She seems like the adult in the room. I'm glad she changed. She is too talented as a chef to be self destructive.

I didn't watch last nights episode either as I record and watch whenever the mood strikes me.    I agree Rachel is an amazing chef and I am happy to see she is no longer a messy drunk (hopefully I didn't speak too soon). 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Oh yuck!    In the past I have picked many ticks out of my cats fur and occassionally myself and have always found them to be such a gross insect.    Sounds like that bugger really got in there.     Good thing urgent care was there to help.  😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Thankfully the tick was removed and hopefully the antibiotic will clear any infection.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Oh no, I am glad you were able to get it removed quickly!  I hate bugs, I would have been freaking out!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

Glad to hear that Pauline is feeling better today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Hopefully to are feeling better now,MaryAnn.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 2 👍

Hi Dani:

I had my second session today with the Physical Therapist who trained In Israel.He told me that his parents were born in Brooklyn,NY and moved to Israel .He was born there and when he was 2 years old they moved back to NY .Years later to returned to Israel to study..

• Like 3

We Finally got our FCC from RC canceling our Hawaiian cruise! After not getting notification we called and RC said they we it and then said it showed zero.  After waiting a long time on the phone they said, yes, you have FCC but it has to get final approval, give it no longer than another 2 weeks.  2 weeks later,  Same, story and a long wait but this time they let us put are cruise on hold.  Called yesterday and spent 3 hours on the phone and Finally got it done!  It can wear you out.  I can’t imagine what it has been for some that have had multiple cancellations.

Regina, our cruise friend gifted her Unofficial TA (Sharon) today!

318383FB-B2D6-416B-A92B-19B924791CAE.thumb.jpeg.3a948d04753fa732525024be6f0e04f9.jpeg

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We Finally got our FCC from RC canceling our Hawaiian cruise! After not getting notification we called and RC said they we it and then said it showed zero.  After waiting a long time on the phone they said, yes, you have FCC but it has to get final approval, give it no longer than another 2 weeks.  2 weeks later,  Same, story and a long wait but this time they let us put are cruise on hold.  Called yesterday and spent 3 hours on the phone and Finally got it done!  It can wear you out.  I can’t imagine what it has been for some that have had multiple cancellations.

Regina, our cruise friend gifted her Unofficial TA (Sharon) today!

318383FB-B2D6-416B-A92B-19B924791CAE.thumb.jpeg.3a948d04753fa732525024be6f0e04f9.jpeg

What a thoughtful gift!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

End of story😉

Maryann, I am so sorry this happened to you but luckily it was taken care of that night.  Scary when it happened, I am sure.

• Like 1

I just listened to the most amazing story of the son of a ***.  The son served in the Israeli army, later converted to Judaism. I could not stop listening.  It's over 40 minutes but for me the time flew.  Please just ignore if you aren't interested.  a

• Like 2