Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

Yep, a moving target. @Ocean Boy posted earlier that today ST. Maarten was laxed concerning wearing masks inside and outside. Enough to drive a person to drink. 🍺

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

Adorable!    This is something they will remember for years to come.    I am impressed to see they even have gloves and boots to wear for snow.   🥰 I would expect most people in Israel are not as well prepared for snow as your Grandchildren are prepared.     

Eric says I would probably be in flip flops😃

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

One week seems to have made a big difference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had to have temps taken and sanitize at one of the St. Maarten shops, plus mask.

I am so happy that you have been able to stick with the new itinerary and able to have 5 stops instead of the 3 stops we had.   Enjoy this beautiful warm weather and all the luxuries offered on a cruise.    I am still in shock when I have cook dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I woke up to -8°F temperatures this morning, and no sign to be above freezing untIl Groundhog Day.   So I did what anyone who has been back in the snow for a week now would do (has it really only been a week?), I booked two more cruises.  

Now we are off to see about getting a minor master bath makeover.

Excellent!    Did you book another b2b?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just walked around town for a bit. Didn't really have plans for any of the ports other than to just relax this week. Been to all of these ports many times.

Nice!    We went to the beach for each of our island stops and a little shopping here and there.  It is just nice to be in the warmth and see some of the familiar spots again.   At least that is how we felt.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep, a moving target. @Ocean Boy posted earlier that today ST. Maarten was laxed concerning wearing masks inside and outside. Enough to drive a person to drink. 🍺

with all the alcohol I had to wash hands with constantly I was ready to start licking my fingers in between bars.😅

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

LOL.  I thought the page looked familiar and then when I saw Aquidneck and Jamestown I realized it was written by someone in RI. 

I bought a whistle but damn if I can remember to take it with me at night.  Works if you fall and can't get up too since it can be heard a mile away (so they claim). 

My neighbor saw a couple of foxes in the area across from his house last week.  We had them living in a rock pile behind the house about 15 years ago for just one year.  They were pretty skittish, I didn't worry about them until my 15 lb dog ran out of the house and after the pups.  I ran behind him making some noise and they ran off.  Ugh!  Little dog syndrome. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sheal said:

LOL.  I thought the page looked familiar and then when I saw Aquidneck and Jamestown I realized it was written by someone in RI. 

I bought a whistle but damn if I can remember to take it with me at night.  Works if you fall and can't get up too since it can be heard a mile away (so they claim). 

My neighbor saw a couple of foxes in the area across from his house last week.  We had them living in a rock pile behind the house about 15 years ago for just one year.  They were pretty skittish, I didn't worry about them until my 15 lb dog ran out of the house and after the pups.  I ran behind him making some noise and they ran off.  Ugh!  Little dog syndrome. 

One of my daughters who has a home in upstate NY has had a lot of Coyotes near her house the past few days.They have a small dog with a loud bark.He has been barking at the Coyotes ,not a good idea.

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just saw the updated forecast and was thinking of you.  I was hoping you didn't see they are now talking TWO FEET of snow or more. 😱

Is that The Weather Channel?  Local forecasters (TurnTo10) have most of RI at 8-12”.  Higher amounts east of Providence out to the Cape and islands. 

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Is that The Weather Channel?  Local forecasters (TurnTo10) have most of RI at 8-12”.  Higher amounts east of Providence out to the Cape and islands. 

No, it was WCVB channel 5.  They upped the totals from the noontime forecast.  The map they are showing has all of Rhode Island except the north west corner in the 24+ inches area.  The news is on now and the full forecast should be in about ten minutes.  They are saying the storm strengthen a lot.  At noon news, we were in a 12-18 ban, so big change.

Massachusetts weather information

Edited by reallyitsmema

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No, it was WCVB channel 5.  They upped the totals from the noontime forecast.  The map they are showing has all of Rhode Island except the north west corner in the 24+ inches area.  The news is on now and the full forecast should be in about ten minutes.  They are saying the storm strengthen a lot.  At noon news, we were in a 12-18 ban, so big change.

Back to the bar.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Back to the bar.....

I only said something because you said you had looked at a forecast. 🙂 

I was going to talk about Amazing Race and how some of these men really need to think about what they say to their wives before they do a scary roadblock.  I know I would dope slap my husband if he ever said that they wouldn't have you do a roadblock that would kill you as reassuring words prior to me doing something that had me super nervous!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was going to talk about Amazing Race and how some of these men really need to think about what they say to their wives before they do a scary roadblock.  I know I would dope slap my husband if he ever said that they wouldn't have you do a roadblock that would kill you as reassuring words prior to me doing something that had me super nervous!

One guy was totally disrespectful to his wife on the show that aired last night.Since there are only two married couples on the show it kind of narrows it down .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!    Did you book another b2b?

No, but almost a S2S.  We will get off one ship and have a night in a hotel and do some laundry, then board another ship the next day. These two aren’t till next January (Liberty and Harmony from Ft Lauderdale), but the dates worked with our house rental. 

At least we have one in May to look forward to, and it looks like we will get our grandson from California to spend part of the summer with us again.  Maybe we should take him on a summer cruise. 😁

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Back to the bar.....

Yikes, even I need a drink now.

I guess we need to look at possibly not leaving until Monday now.  There goes our visit to Savannah 🤷🏻‍♀️.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Things seem to change week to week, I hope they change again  or I may just stay on the ship we will be there and in St Thomas in 4 weeks . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hate winter but actually appreciate the updates.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yikes, even I need a drink now.

I guess we need to look at possibly not leaving until Monday now.  There goes our visit to Savannah 🤷🏻‍♀️.  

I looked at NBC Boston and it looks like their forecast is 5 hours old and will be updated soon.  WCVB has a 4pm news, so theirs is already updated.  I hope they are wrong but who knows.