Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't you just love those paper straws!     They really don't go well with milkshakes from Johnny Rockets.😄

After they changed to the paper straws there must have been 2 kinds. The “good” ones were shorted and skinnier and must have had more of a coating. They lasted much longer. One night I brought a drink to the room and didn’t finish it so the straw sat there. The next day it seemed fine when I went to dump the drink. I have received the good straws every once in a while since then, but it has been rare. Must be leftovers. 

• Like 2

I noticed that all bars in the port have an identical drink menu. And price. Bar guy says they belong to cruiselines that built the port. $18 for a Margareta, $18 for chips and salsa. 18 seems to be the Mexican magic number. And they now have a duty free shop to pass through on exiting and entering the pier. Also town seems a bit more developed and looks nice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

After they changed to the paper straws there must have been 2 kinds. The “good” ones were shorted and skinnier and must have had more of a coating. They lasted much longer. One night I brought a drink to the room and didn’t finish it so the straw sat there. The next day it seemed fine when I went to dump the drink. I have received the good straws every once in a while since then, but it has been rare. Must be leftovers. 

Yes,  I know exactly what you are talking about.    I had a couple of those good paper straws and if only I could remember which bar I got from but the ones they use at Johnny Rockets for milkshakes are horrible, at least they were on Anthem.   

I will have to check out the straws at Starbucks next cruise.   

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I noticed that all bars in the port have an identical drink menu. And price. Bar guy says they belong to cruiselines that built the port. $18 for a Margareta, $18 for chips and salsa. 18 seems to be the Mexican magic number. And they now have a duty free shop to pass through on exiting and entering the pier. Also town seems a bit more developed and looks nice.

Is that like the one you pass thru in Panama where I think everyone has to go thru the store whether you want to or not.     

If I remember correctly they had a pretty decent port area with shops and the swimming pool area.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, indeed. Jerusalem is on "snow alert", and ALL the hotel rooms are already booked... 😁

Last time it was in 2013.

Well, this time the forecast was spot on. "Breaking news".  People are so happy to see snow....

IMG_6802.thumb.jpg.056c57921aed8fa0aea97c7d5fe986a7.jpg

At the Wailing Wall.

IMG_6805.thumb.jpg.cf81c1136eb5443e36a86fc7a3d2b971.jpg

Just the wall surrounding the old city.

IMG_6804.thumb.jpg.702151bf8b6e5e02cd9a280e6ad64129.jpg

12 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have one for me, one for Sunshine, one for Lenny, two for Dani, one for Greg, ...........

No, no, no -- I "demand" equal treatment.... two for everyone 🤪

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just had lunch in the Jammer for the first time this week. Even with the ship's reduced capacity that place is a lunchtime C.F.

On Harmony almost every place felt low capacity except the WJ.  Also we would get turned around and walk in the exits.  Although sometimes someone was there, we were never asked to scan going in or out.

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

Mimi, the one that @reallyitsmemaand I are using is an app our states adopted, along with other states, as she mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  When I did a quick search I see that Florida, along with a number of other states, don't require proof of vaccination so no specific state app.  

The other thing we did was we loaded a copy of our cards into our apple wallets.  It took some doing, DH had to take a picture of mine if I remember correctly but we did get it to load.  It displays a QR code,  along with the dates of the shots, vaccine used and who the card is issued by.  In my case it is the state of RI.

I also have a picture of actual card in a "locked file" on my iphone.

Maybe a few of our real good "techies" might have a recommendation for an app?

Thanks! I have emailed ours to us and put them in a folder on our phones. I wish Florida had an app on general principles.
a few months ago, I tried to put our cards in the Wallet and it wanted to treat them like credit cards. I need to sit down and work on it. 

I had no trouble putting our Heathrow Express tickets in it!

Of course, I was 3 years younger and smarter then!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder what ever happened to the guys who wanted to was car windows when we were stopped at a light.They just disappeared.

I think it was Guliani that cracked down on the squigee people.  That and other minor crimes.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes,  I know exactly what you are talking about.    I had a couple of those good paper straws and if only I could remember which bar I got from but the ones they use at Johnny Rockets for milkshakes are horrible, at least they were on Anthem.   

I will have to check out the straws at Starbucks next cruise.   

I can definitely see where any paper straw would not be good in a milkshake.

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Or visit Mexico City. 🤔 

Or go where John goes. 😁

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On Harmony almost every place felt low capacity except the WJ.  Also we would get turned around and walk in the exits.  Although sometimes someone was there, we were never asked to scan going in or out.

On Allure you can't get past them, not that I have tried. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What did you think of the Black Krim tomatoes?    I am thinking of trying them. 

I like them enough I am growing them again. They are an average size, very productive with great taste.  Taste similar to the Cherokee Purple.  They tend to crack a lot which some don’t like but it doesn’t bother me.  They grew long into the fall. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan  @Luckynana

Mimi & Maryann,

Several times a week you get to see also different movies screened on "top" of the Opera House. My other videos are too long to upload, but all of them are amazing.

The whole idea of using the sails as screens is amazing…and beautiful. 
I was able to see a play in the Opera House, and kept thinking how unbelievable it was that I was actually there!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't you just love those paper straws!     They really don't go well with milkshakes from Johnny Rockets.😄

That is a pain.  I hate paper straws.  We brought the larger plastic straws with us.  Sometimes I would forget them.  Paper straws with a Miami Vice was not fun either if you don’t drink it fast.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Dinner is at Giovannis tonight. Second BOGHO. They let us do it today.

Tomorrow is Cozumel. No set plans. Will go with the flow.

An observation...

I have not seen the Solarium bistro  open for B L or D. Maybe it's the time I am passing bye. One night I saw crew/ staff eating there. The "buffet" area was not set.

It was never open a couple weeks ago on Harmony either.   One evening I noticed a couple of staff in there.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, indeed. Jerusalem is on "snow alert", and ALL the hotel rooms are already booked... 😁

Last time it was in 2013.

Just read your updated post.  Bet the kids are loving this.

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  Shelby, who was feeling better this morning is now having kidney pain and getting sick.  She, like her dad, has problems with kidney stones.  She needs to be drinking more.  While pregnant, there is not much options for pain relief.  Sharon went over to check on her.  After Shelby got sick the pain eased up.  All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

Healing prayers for your clan, especially Shelby.  

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Talk of this weekend's weather started to stress me out. So I did what any rational person would do... I went to the solarium and ordered a Painkiller.

20220126_144604.thumb.jpg.c133021b06d5c5ae59c22a80970bbe5a.jpg

Looks like it will be time very soon to administer another dose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Greg, I know where you’re coming from with anesthesia. Years ago I had back to back abdominal surgeries because the first one was botched. I guess it was too much anesthesia too soon, but I wound up on a ventilator for a few days. 
After that, I was terrified of being put to sleep, and then came my bad knee. It got worse and worse and I had to give up and bite the bullet. 
I told my orthopod my fears and he promised me I’d be fine. 
He kept his promise, and I’ve completely lost count of how many times I’ve been anesthetized since. 
My latest was last month, and I was cracking jokes right up to the last minute. 
In fact, my surgeon told my husband later my last words were “Are you guys ever going to be ready?”

Please look at it like just one more chore to get through. You’ll wake up in recovery and wind up in your comfy hospital bed. 
Mine in November and December had built in USB ports so I didn’t miss a beat. 
Do your therapy, and in just a few months you’ll feel like a new man with your bionic knee!!

Usually what I do is request a sedative. That seems to calm me down. It’s more nervous anxiety than anything.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Jon Peters was also in a 9 year relationship with Barbra Streisand

I forgot to add that was referenced in the movie.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck with your knee surgery Greg.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

so sorry to hear this. I hope they feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, I hope we don't get that much here in Bucks County but you and I seem to be on the same weather pattern.     

That is strange. This storm is shaping up to be a costal storm. I'm about 1 hour directly north of NYC, far enough inland to avoid most of it,  and we are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow on Saturday. 

Of course, if the storm tracks 50 miles to the west, then it'll be 23-26 inches.🤨

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now now we don't want you worrying about weather back here.     relax and enjoy your well deserved cruise.      You should skip over these comments like I do when people talk about this weeks episode of Below Deck before I watch it. 

Rumor is Bomb Cyclone (nor'easter) storm is to start late Friday night into Saturday with hurricane force winds.     If you fly home Sunday afternoon all should be better by then.   If not, then you get to stay in warm sunny Florida for an extra day.    All will be fine.  

Agree Debbie!  Worrying won’t change whatever’s going to happen.  But “worry” is a good excuse for another cocktail!

45 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

All of Rhode Island has moved into the Storm Watch area through Sunday morning, I think you had better have a double!

If Jim Cantore shows up in RI, I know we’re in trouble 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Do you remember when Grandeur ruptured her hull docking at Costa Maya? Passengers were stuck. They said the first 2 days were great and they enjoyed the amenities. And then on the third day Costa Maya shut down and all the service people and shop and restaurant workers went home or back to their other jobs. It was kind of a shock apparently to some, that Costa maya is not a real town/resort. :classic_biggrin:

Sorry. ReneeFLL quote dropped off. Yes, Patrick's tour in Bora Bora is fabulous. I arranged it for a group on our sailing, and as I recall Gary & Mary were with us. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They did and he set up a tour with Patrick’s Tours. Best tour in the SP ever.

Australia Cruise 3 104.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3