Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  

When I was at the downtown flea market on St. Thomas one of the old ladies in her booth gave me an unsolicited "education" on the vaccines. Mind you all I did was ask her what happened to all the vendors that used to be here.😯

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  Shelby, who was feeling better this morning is now having kidney pain and getting sick.  She, like her dad, has problems with kidney stones.  She needs to be drinking more.  While pregnant, there is not much options for pain relief.  Sharon went over to check on her.  After Shelby got sick the pain eased up.  All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

I hope everyone’s symptoms remain mild and that Shelby is better soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I didn't realize that you had to do a swipe to get the booster to show.

Edit: just tried the swipe, does nothing. I'll worry about when I get home.... whenever that might be.😏

I was just thinking.  Do you have the original "Crush COVID RI" app vs. the newer "401Health"?  I may be mistaken (got my info from ProJo) but it sounds like the 401 Health just came out in December. 

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I was at the downtown flea market on St. Thomas one of the old ladies in her booth gave me an unsolicited "education" on the vaccines. Mind you all I did was ask her what happened to all the vendors that used to be here.😯

Are they all home due to "swollen" (fill in the blank) caused by the vaccine?

Graham, I wish it was dinner time here.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you referring to the Darren McGavin series ?

Yes.  The full name of the series was "Kolchak: The Night Stalker."  It was preceded by 2 made-for-TV  movies: "The Night Stalker" about vampires in Las Vegas and "The Night Strangler" about a serial killer in Seattle before the TV show was relocated to Chicago.

I didn't realize the Seattle Underground was a real thing in the second movie.

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes.  The full name of the series was "Kolchak: The Night Stalker."  It was preceded by 2 made-for-TV  movies: "The Night Stalker" about vampires in Las Vegas and "The Night Strangler" about a serial killer in Seattle before the TV show was relocated to Chicago.

I didn't realize the Seattle Underground was a real thing in the second movie.

I did not realize that the show was on that long ago,1974 and only for one season.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight in our favourite Italian restaurant.

Graham.

IMG_20220126_175306.jpg

IMG_20220126_175336.jpg

IMG_20220126_175352.jpg

IMG_20220126_181419.jpg

A friend of mine was a Chef in California.He was often featured in The Joy Of Cooking for his wonderful meals.These pictures and every other meal that you post on this thread remind me of meals that are featured in cook books.You and Pauline really have good taste in food.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I was just thinking.  Do you have the original "Crush COVID RI" app vs. the newer "401Health"?  I may be mistaken (got my info from ProJo) but it sounds like the 401 Health just came out in December. 

Are they all home due to "swollen" (fill in the blank) caused by the vaccine?

I have the Health 401 app.

A lot of people are staying home or left the island to stay with family in the States. They don't believe in the vaccine. They think it is poisonous and they have bought into the microchip nonsense hook line and sinker.... no offense intended to anyone here who might share their viewpoint. They are very leery and suspicious of mainstream medicine, big pharma, and government.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

SAG MOVIE AWARDS MOVIE NIGHT VIEWING-LICORICE PIZZA

download.jpeg.e49b8f5e4808b908d40378ca7416cdbf.jpeg

I was interested in seeing this movie since it received a lot of hype. I was mainly judging the performance of Bradley Cooper nominated for best supporting actor. Unfortunately he did not appear until two thirds into the movie.

Premise of the movie: Another coming of age movie centered around  Alana Kane and Gary Valentine growing up, running around and going through the treacherous navigation of first love in the San Fernando Valley, 1973.

Interesting that the character of Gary Valentine is played by Cooper Hoffman son of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I found this movie to be a little far fetched since Gary Valentine is 15 and falls for a girl who is 25. She is put off by his advances but admires his self confidence and persistence. Gary is child actor and has all the connections. Alana is enamored by that. The movie has some interesting moments. The scenes with Bradley Cooper were hilarious. I could watch a whole movie with his character Jon Peters. based on the real life Jon Peters  a real-life Hollywood producer who started out as a hairdresser, was married to Pamela Anderson for 12 days, and fought Steven Seagal. Other stars in this movie that make cameo appearances, Sean Pean, Tom Waits and more.

I thought the movie was ok. It did not bore me but I thought some of the plot scenarios were unrealistic. Don't take my word for it however, if interested go check this movie out.

You had my interest when you mentioned Bradley Cooper😍😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan  @Luckynana

Mimi & Maryann,

Several times a week you get to see also different movies screened on "top" of the Opera House. My other videos are too long to upload, but all of them are amazing.

This reminds me of the incredible light show where they projection map a video onto the facade of the Amiens Cathedral in France.  Here is a picture of the Cathedral facade during the day:

IMG_5341.thumb.jpg.0817062868c785a70c9f82137f142804.jpg

And here is a video containing clips of the light show (quickly thrown together with iMovie)

At the end of the show, they project a static image onto the facade that colorizes the Cathedral.  When they did a deep cleaning a few years ago, they found some faint traces of color and realized that it contained color pigments at some point.  They recreated the color with the projected image in amazing detail.  You can see this at about the 4:40 point in the video.  Here are a few close ups of various parts of the facade to give you an idea of the level of detail in the colorization.  Apologies for the grainy noise in the images.  It was very dark.

APC_0674.thumb.JPG.7780a8a8b55416bb68aff175f99d6182.JPG

APC_0678.thumb.JPG.b839e6113eb1d7a96716422f92e5b6db.JPG

APC_0677.thumb.JPG.5c6406b316c463884643d88a8bd60861.JPG

APC_0679.thumb.JPG.084cec5318e1f6eb14cc300c6a353dc6.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

…And Gary & Mary are a very nice couple. They were on our Australia cruise, and the airline lost their luggage. They were looking for underwear to purchase somewhere in the CBD (central business district) of Sydney. Fortunately, it was delivered before we sailed. :classic_biggrin:

Was that on the Radiance in April 2017? We were on that cruise and met Gary and Mary there.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Downtown flea market? Is this the vendors behind the shops where you get off the ship or is there another place?

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  Shelby, who was feeling better this morning is now having kidney pain and getting sick.  She, like her dad, has problems with kidney stones.  She needs to be drinking more.  While pregnant, there is not much options for pain relief.  Sharon went over to check on her.  After Shelby got sick the pain eased up.  All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

Sorry to hear about all the covid in the family. Hope everyone gets over it soon. Will this ever just go away? 🤬 

47 minutes ago, Coralc said:

According to a passenger, they were turned away for too high case counts. 

I’m surprised they didn’t know that before they got into St. Kitts.

@bobmacliberty We stayed at the Mayflower Hotel and really liked it. It’s a good choice. You can also buy flowers at Pikes Market and take them on the ship if you want to. We walked down the day of the cruise and bought some. Beautiful and very good prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Downtown flea market? Is this the vendors behind the shops where you get off the ship or is there another place?

No, it is right in downtown near Fort Christian. There used to be loads of vendors all under blue tarps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Amish Paste is the best paste tomato I’ve tried.  They can get big and are meaty.  Great for pizza sauce.  I think you will love them. Last years weather was crazy and growing was inconsistent.  I planted a few of each plant. One plant would do great and a plant of the same kind would not.  The most productive and great tasting was Delicious tomato.  The Cherokee Purple is worth trying. It was one that had a couple plants do great and a couple not. I planted a little late last year.   Remember grow zones.  Might have different results. 
I used to have my seed trays all spread out on the floor but last year I bought a couple of shelves and hung the lights on each shelf.  Works so good.

This year I am thinking of using cattle panels for trellises.  I will strap them to fence post.  Also considering to take a couple of 16ft cattle panels and arch them between raised beds.  Those I will grow pole beans on them.

What did you think of the Black Krim tomatoes?    I am thinking of trying them.    

Delicious Tomato - that's the one - thank you.   I will look for seeds for this one too. 

Yes, we have a wire cart and shelves that we put the seed trays ontop of a warming mat for seedlings then grow lights.     System we had worked good and hopefully everything still in good working order.    

I have a couple cattle panels/wire stock panels in different sizes that I use for cucumbers, squash, eggplant and green beans in the past.    They work nice!

• Like 1