Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@reallyitsmemaThanks for that suggestion to install the covid app (401 something, lol).  First time I installed it I couldn't get it to do anything.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and wa la!  Works like a charm and the good news is that everything matched.  Even the letter I guessed when I had to print the shot info from my booster card to the original one that I left at home on booster day.  DH had better luck and now has his on his phone too.

The app has your booster listed? It only has my first two. I don't know if the people who load the info are behind or what.

31 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I tried Curacao Cosmo today in the lounge. Robitussin! Yuk.

You didn't like it I take it. I thought it was good but I've only had one and not tried another. I'm having an espresso martini as I write this and really liking it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is those HOAs that Floridians seem to love. You know what New Englanders and Canadians do when someone tries to tell you what you can, and cannot, do with your property? Think think about the finger of your hand between the second and fourth one.

Pretty much the same here, why my poor brother suffered so while retired in Florida, probably caused his passing.  

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hmmm.  Interesting idea.  I didn't even give driving a single thought since I'm on vacation and want to be taken care of by others.  I looked into Amtrak but the timing doesn't work.  But you're right.  If we can find a place to rent a car by pier 90, we can be at our Vancouver hotel before our flight from SEA would take off.  And the views while driving are probably great??  We were also thinking of renting a car for a day while in Vancouver so we could possibly keep the car that we drive from Seattle and drop it a day later.  Worth considering.  

Seattle ferries look interesting.  I've read that they are mostly for commuters rather than tourists, as there isn't much to see on the other end of the ferry lines.  Any suggested places to ferry to?  Good idea on a day pass on Maui.

Well you live in Buffalo so crossing the border is something you are way more familiar with than I, but going into Canada right now by car, probably isn’t quite as easy as it used to be.  

12 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I guess, I am confused and I avoid this thread because so many super unhappy people populate a thread that is all about happiness… and it is a lot like catching a real wave, it makes me think wow.  Why do these people do this.  Surfing on or off a ship is about having fun, getting into a rhythm, enjoying the moment.  So many people on this thread don’t seem to ever do that, and further they beat on those who are.  

Again, that is why I have avoided this thread for months.

sigh….

Come on J.C., this is mostly a very happy corner of C.C. When the snark infiltrates it gets shut down pretty quickly.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Wow, we were there at the end of August in 2018, and other than glaciers on mountains there was zero snow.  

We were kind of disappointed, too. That's why I dozed off. Snow was a little boring. I had hoped to see wildlife, all we saw was a ptarmigan. But Alaska was neat. It is luck of the draw, when we book so far in advance. :classic_smile:

And this is actually a really fun thread. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

This evening we had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Cruisewizard (Gary and Mary). They are both delightful. This is the third leg of their B2B2B.

I have not run into Twangster…..but then I don’t know who to look for!

Tomorrow is Costa Maya. It seemed we were sailing along Cuba for all day today! My mind is playing tricks…….I swear I heard someone calling O Luceeeeeeee!

I tried Curacao Cosmo today in the lounge. Robitussin! Yuk.

We invited those interested from our roll call to seeing our penthouse on edge in July and was happy that Cruisewizard/Gary and Mary were able to join our small group . We asked our retreat host for a few appetizers and she brought out enough food for a dozen or more . 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well you live in Buffalo so crossing the border is something you are way more familiar with than I, but going into Canada right now by car, probably isn’t quite as easy as it used to be.  

Hopefully by October when he goes it will be easier. Probably not much fun on a plane either at this time.

• Like 1

Rita Moreno lives locally, and one of our ag inspectors was investigating an organic complaint at Berkeley Bowl. (an organic grocery store). And Ms. Moreno came up to talk to her about what she was doing. Inspector said it took a few seconds, before she realized, OMG! You're Rita Moreno! 

She said she was lovely to talk to. And she was kind of in shock for the rest of the day! :classic_biggrin:

And Gary & Mary are a very nice couple. They were on our Australia cruise, and the airline lost their luggage. They were looking for underwear to purchase somewhere in the CBD (central business district) of Sydney. Fortunately, it was delivered before we sailed. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is those HOAs that Floridians seem to love. You know what New Englanders and Canadians do when someone tries to tell you what you can, and cannot, do with your property? Think think about the finger of your hand between the second and fourth one.

That must be in South Florida.  No HOA was #1 when looking for a home.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Rita Moreno lives locally, and one of our ag inspectors was investigating an organic complaint at Berkeley Bowl. (an organic grocery store). And Ms. Moreno came up to talk to her about what she was doing. Inspector said it took a few seconds, before she realized, OMG! You're Rita Moreno! 

She said she was lovely to talk to. And she was kind of in shock for the rest of the day! :classic_biggrin:

And Gary & Mary are a very nice couple. They were on our Australia cruise, and the airline lost their luggage. They were looking for underwear to purchase somewhere in the CBD (central business district) of Sydney. Fortunately, it was delivered before we sailed. :classic_biggrin:

I was hanging out in a bar in St Thomas that had lots of the entertainment crew from the SS Norway and Rita Moreno and her husband were trying to get to the corner of the bar , I got off my bar stool to let her pass and she looked up at me and said your a big one ( I am 6’4” and about 235 then) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks!  I'll see if I can find BCHappyGirl on your X roll call.  I've not heard of Snoqualmie Falls and Salish Lodge.  Sounds like it could be a great idea!

Correction Ann’s cc ID is BCHappGal and her e-mail can be found on page 64 #1592 .  She is really eager to offer help . 

We rented a car car in Vancouver and drove to Whistler in the summertime. It was a nice drive that reminded us of Scotland.  Tonight , we celebrated Robbie Burns day with some scotch and Walkers shortbread cookies.  The scotch tasted too peaty in my opinion.  

• Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty your retirement trip sounds wonderful.  Our Covid cancelled trip was flying to Vancouver, one way cruise  to Alaska, time in Seward then self drive road trip to Denali. At the end of the trip DS planned to fly to Seattle (&DD to LA).  Look forward to seeing some photos from your trip which hopefully you might share here?

• Like 1

Day 2 Isolation.  It’s a public holiday here today for Australia Day.  This is what the Sydney Opera House looked like at sunrise this morning.  Gorgeous weather today with a nice breeze.  I spent most of the day in the garden.  Daughter has obviously benefited from her recent booster.  Despite back pain, tiredness (not fatigue) and cold symptoms she is quite chirpy (from the door of her room with a mask on and at a distance).

3FF67034-EACB-4C1C-8362-8E434879D40A.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

That is beautiful! One of our friends worked at the Opera House for more than 20 years, doing maintenance and sometimes leading tours. When they came here for a visit, they brought us a lovely tabletop book on the building. He signed it "ChairMan of the Opera House. " Because as he said, he fixed the chairs. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sheal said:

Another time, also in St. Marteen, a woman came around selling shell bracelets "that her brother made".  I liked it and gave her the $10 bucks.  I got a good laugh out of my foolishness when I spotted the same bracelet in Kohls when we got back.  I think of the woman and her "brother" whenever I wear it.

Something similar happened to us in St Lucia.  A guy was 'making' jewellery on the beach. I really loved the necklace and bought one made specially for me . Found them half the price in a local shop later 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

That is beautiful! One of our friends worked at the Opera House for more than 20 years, doing maintenance and sometimes leading tours. When they came here for a visit, they brought us a lovely tabletop book on the building. He signed it "ChairMan of the Opera House. " Because as he said, he fixed the chairs. :classic_biggrin:

Love this.

56 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Something similar happened to us in St Lucia.  A guy was 'making' jewellery on the beach. I really loved the necklace and bought one made specially for me . Found them half the price in a local shop later 🤷‍♀️

My friend is never buying jewellery overseas again after purchasing a wedding anniversary piece in the shopping complex of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore.  Her husband negotiated what he thought was a good deal but on returning home the insurance valuers stated it was worth considerably less than what he paid.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 41°F here in North East England.

We are taking our Sarah out for a meal later so looking forward to seeing her.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Was that for my benefit?☺

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We are a few hundred yards off the pier at St. Kitts. Reflection and Grandeur are pulling in ahead of us. The weather looks great. I didn't know that Grandeur was even sailing. What is it doing here?

20220126_071552.thumb.jpg.dbb656d85cb0610250b08dd06c712a9a.jpg

That is what I like about sailing this time of year.  It is light already!   Here, we have another 70 minutes until sunrise, and it is a balmy 8° this morning.  That will be near our high temperature today. 

• Like 1