Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m sure sure the Run Pee app doesn’t stop the movie, so what does it do?

It's an app that tells you the best time for a bathroom break during a movie.  The "experts" watch the movie and find a few times with the least amount of action/least amount of important things in the plot.  They tell you how far into the movie each "pee time" starts, what happens on screen to signal that it's time to go (often a line spoken by a character), how long the pee break lasts, and what happened  during the movie while you were gone.  You sync it by hitting a start button at a certain point in the beginning of the movie (e.g. when the lion roars, or the Sony logo appears) and it will alert you when a pee break is approaching.  It does so silently with vibration so as not to bother others in the theater.  It also works by vibrating an Apple Watch (assume it does the same with android phone/watches but not sure). 

For those of us who can't sit through an entire movie without a pee break, it's very helpful.  I often expect a dozen people to stand up at the same point in the movie but either the app isn't that well known, or there are a lot of younger people who don't need to worry about it. 😁

RunPee

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Struggling today as my knee gave out several times last night and and I'm in pain today. My Knee replacement surgery can't happen soon enough. Going to take it easy today.

I apologize if I have not responded to all the great things people are doing on this thread. Puppy dogs are occupying a lot of time. Potty training is still a struggle. We at least got them to sleep 6 hours last night.

Cheers everyone!

I hope the knee feels better soon.   Do you have your surgery scheduled yet?

That is one thing about cats that I love you basically show them the litter box a couple of times as kitties and you are done with potty training.   Except our poor Sparky over the weekend was constipated and kept meowing every time he went to the box so I gave him some tuna oil yesterday to help then he had diarrhea a couple times last night and didn't make it to the box and was very upset crying away around 3 am.  Thankful that area has a tile floor.  Finally about 4 am he climbed into bed and slept like a baby and seems okay today.    My fault I think I fed him too many treats since we came home on Thursday from our cruise.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Got to see our grandkids this weekend, since they were past their Covid isolation/quarantine period.  

Grandson had to show me what he kept busy with.  

9BE2EFDD-7F6B-4611-A8AE-1C0B1A64FAC1.thumb.jpeg.36d54b8cac6ed28bba4a60ebaf4d1f35.jpeg

He also had to show me why he picked me, instead of Susan. To explain math when we were doing remote learning with them. 

86B11971-DBDD-4E66-B088-C6D6921A2183.thumb.jpeg.c0454259aca885cf899a25cbef801b06.jpeg

That’s a very nice lego display.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sheal said:

I would like to go to the beach in Nassau but I don't have the energy to keep saying no every 5 minutes.  Pretending to be asleep doesn't even work.

I know what you mean.    They were driving me bonkers on the beach in St Maarten near the Blue Bit*** Bar.     Constantly asking if I wanted my hair braided or sell me their island made jewelry.    I try to be as pleasant as possible when I say No but after awhile it wears thin on anyone.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog sorry you are struggling with knee pain. Hope you don’t have too long to wait til your surgery and hope your gorgeous puppies master toilet training soonish.

Better now after putting it in a brace and putting a couple coats of Insta Flex pain relieving cream on it. CRT results came back of my knee, Grade 4 of tricompartmental osteoarthritis which is the highest level of bone on bone.

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Day 1 of isolation.  Sun is out

DS is watching Schitts Creek and doing a NYC puzzle.

DD - is confined to her room and  her friends are delivering food/gifts to our front door.

ME - Enjoying watching Kate Winslet in Mare of Easttown.  Reading a crime novel set in steamy Darwin in 1963.

Max’s face is what my DH thinks of Covid & being in isolation…..

Sounds like you are making the best of it. I loved Mare of Easttown, great series. Also big fan of Schitt's Creek so funny. I agree with Max's assesment.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've spent the last few days researching and planning for some of the missing pieces of our Alaska/Hawaii cruise this fall.  This is our first big trip in retirement (with most other plans having been cancelled) and we want to do it right.  Fingers (and toes) crossed that it still goes as planned. 

I'm interested in the thoughts of those of you who have been to the places that we are going.  Do you like the choices that we've made?  Do you have any alternate suggestions?  And before anyone says it, yes...I've been all over the port boards for info there as well.  There is a nice variety of people here who've been there/done that for a lot of places when it comes to cruising, and if Dani doesn't mind me using this thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  If this thread is still alive when we travel, I'll pay it back by posting pictures.

The main itinerary is as follows:

• Fly to Seattle on Sept 16. Spend 2.5 days in Seattle
  • 7 nights on Quantum departing Sept 19 from Seattle, return Sept 25 to Seattle
  • Fly Seattle to Vancouver on Sept 25.  Spend 3.5 days in Vancouver
  • 9 nights on Ovation departing Sept 30 from Vancouver, arrive Oct 9 in Honolulu
  • Fly to Kauai on Oct 9.  5 days in Kauai.
  • Fly home on Oct 14.

For Seattle, we're booked in the Mayflower Park Hotel.  Downtown and walkable to Pike Place Market (currently planning a walking food tour of Pike Place Market) and several restaurants.  Right on the monorail to Seattle Center for the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass.  

The Alaska cruise stops at:

• Icy Strait Point - Probably will do the Ziprider
  • Skagway - Probably the White Pass and Yukon Railway
  • Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier
  • Juneau - Helicopter Glacier tour.  Many choices...still need to pick one.
  • Victoria - ???

For Vancouver, we're booked in the Pan Pacific Hotel.  Decided to spend a little extra and be right on the harbour/right at the cruise port.  Currently planning a walking food tour of Gastown, several hours (maybe a whole day?) in Stanley Park (may rent bikes), and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and/or Grouse Mountain.  If time, may also spend a few hours (including dinner?) on Granville Island.

The TP cruise to Hawaii stops at:

• Seattle - Will do something that we missed when there pre-cruise...Aquarium?  Museum of Flight?
  • Lahaina for 2 days - Not sure yet what we will do.  We've been to Maui 3 times and have done all of the highlights, including Haleakula sunrise (brrr), Road to Hana, Old Lahaina Luau (3 times), helicopter tour (twice), Molokini snorkel.  We might do the OL Luau again as we do like it a lot, or may try a different one.

For Kauai, we're booked in the Grand Hyatt and will have a rental car.  Planning on a day on the north coast (Princeville Botanical Gardens, Kilauea Lighthouse (if timing works for a tour), a few beaches.  Planning on a day driving along the Waimea Canyon to the Kalalau Lookout.  Planning on a Napali Coast Sunset boat tour.  May visit the Smith's Family Garden Luau and drive to a few waterfalls.  Will leave some time for pool and beach but we can do that most of the year and would rather spend limited time elsewhere.  We decided not to spend any time in Honolulu/Oahu.  Been there 3 times and have done all of the highlights there.  We decided to go straight to Kauai since we've never been there.

Because we will be gone for a month and will need clothes for potential cold/wet weather (layers) and warm/sunny weather, we need to figure out clothing/packing logistics.  We'll probably take advantage of laundry perks on the ships.

Everything is flexible right now (including hotels), so if anyone has any other ideas of places to stay/things to do, I am all ears.  We are somewhat adventurous and don't mind a little activity (e.g. short hikes), but are getting too old for anything overly strenuous or adrenaline inducing.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.  Thanks.

Now that's what I call a retirement cruise. Congratulations to you. You are going to love it as I still am so happy to be retired. I wish I could give advise on Alaska or Hawaii but I've been to neither of those places. I have had friends to have stayed at that Grand Hyatt and loved it. Sounds like you have an excellent plan. I hope your days are getting easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you referring to hand carved wooden turtles ? We bought one in Antigua in 2019.

Yes, exactly!     I walked by them in the morning outside the store and stopped and asked how much and the girl was so cute, she walked me thru the whole family of turtles from baby to grandpa (by size).     I told her I would be back when I returned from the beach.     I went back and she remembered me and was so happy that I actually came back.    I will have to take a photo of them.     They are really nice.     Not sure where I will put them yet.    either my back patio or the shore house.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope the knee feels better soon.   Do you have your surgery scheduled yet?

That is one thing about cats that I love you basically show them the litter box a couple of times as kitties and you are done with potty training.   Except our poor Sparky over the weekend was constipated and kept meowing every time he went to the box so I gave him some tuna oil yesterday to help then he had diarrhea a couple times last night and didn't make it to the box and was very upset crying away around 3 am.  Thankful that area has a tile floor.  Finally about 4 am he climbed into bed and slept like a baby and seems okay today.    My fault I think I fed him too many treats since we came home on Thursday from our cruise.   

Surgery is February 9th. I have my preop appointment with the surgeon this Thursday. I need to think of all my questions for him to answer. 

That'a what I love about cats there is no potty training. They know to go into the cat box from day one it seems. Poor Sparky I hope he feels better. Lizzy has been throwing up lately. I don't know if she eats too fast or her stomach is reacting to these eatable pills that will make them not try and lick their poop. (sorry for being graphic) She stills trying to do it but we are pretty good at stopping here before she gets there.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

She reminds me a bit of Emily Rossum who starred in Phantom of The Opera.We saw her in a school play when she was 12 years old and everyone present said that this girl will be a great actress one day.

She is an excellent actress.    I followed the Shameless series for all 8 or 9 years.    I did not realize she was a singer until recently.     I hope to see her more in the future.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Greg. @Sea Dog I hope you don’t have too much pain before you are able to get your knee done.  My mother had hers done when she was in her 80’s, and did very well after.

So in addition to watching some entertaining football over the weekend and trying to keep up with snow removal, we binged a new Netflix series called Stay Close.   Based on the novel of the same name by Harlan Coben, it was developed as a British mystery mini-series.  I have read all of Coben’s books, and enjoy them. The series plot wasn’t spoiled for me, since it was about 9 years ago that I read this novel.

I am surprised no one here has mentioned this series, but then it was just released December 31, 2021.  It was filmed around Manchester and the NW coast in the UK.

If you enjoy a good mystery, with some twists and turns, give it a look.  It is only 8 episodes.

Love Harlan Coben.  He is my favorite author.  I will look for this series; thank you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is cool.  I showed Sharon and she told me that when she was a child living in Fiji her dad woke the kids and took them to a neighbor’s house to watch one bloom.    Thanks.

Great memory for Sharon!

I am starting to plan my garden for this year as I want to start most of my plants from seeds.     What kind of tomatoes did you plant that seemed to have a never ending yield of tomatoes?    

• Like 1

@bobmacliberty

Icy Strait Point: we have done whale watches with private parties.  The first time the gentleman retired.  The second time we went with Hoonah Whale Watch.  I don't know if they are still in business but it was a wonderful trip with whales bubble feeding close to the boat.  

Skagway: the first time we did the railway, the second time a trip to Emerald Lake with Dyea Dave.  Both were very enjoyable.

Juneau: Both times we took the shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier and walked to Nugget Falls.  The first time we did a jeep tour with Juneau Jeep Tours.  The second time we did a whale watch with Harv and Marv.

P.S.  There were yarn stores in Skagway and Juneau.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There is a nice variety of people here who've been there/done that for a lot of places when it comes to cruising, and if Dani doesn't mind me using this thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Default - Dani doesn't mind.

Quite the opposite. Love, love to hear about planned cruises, love to exchange ideas and tips.

My cruising experience was thoroughly enhanced after I've discovered [after 2 cruises 😢] Cruise Critic.

Since you've already been to Hawaii many times, for us Hawaii and Alaska were once in a life time trip, and your Alaska itinerary is a bit different from ours, I'll just mention what we enjoyed most.

Vancouver -- Stanley Park - just walking near the ocean. Ships passing us. Granville island - very enjoyable. After thoroughly checking the "usual suspects" (re: hotels in Vancouver, with the Pan Pacific and Fairmont leading locations), I couldn't really justify the huge difference in price, and "settled" for the L'Hermitage, which had glowing reviews. And they were right. On the morning of the cruise, a taxi for a few dollars to Canada Place and we saved hundred of dollars.

Alaska -- Juneau: took a very reputable tour to see whales. Saw some tails... from afar. Took public transportation to Mendelhall glacier and enjoyed it very much.

Skagway - opted for a trip to Emerald Lake instead of the Yukon train. I don't have much patience sitting in a train, but that's me...

Hawaii -- enjoyed very much OLL, Waimea canyon is amazing, the lookout was very misted, couldn't see a thing, so if you're there 5 days, try to time it according to the weather forecast. Napali coast - we've done it from the cruise ship. Breathtaking like the Waimea.

To sum it up: Hawaii -- I wish I could go back. I had no idea I'll enjoy every minute there.

Alaska -- pls. don't take offence. Once.

But -- I'm "spoiled"... After the Norwegian fjords and Milford Sound, and not seeing any bears or whales.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Now that's what I call a retirement cruise. Congratulations to you. You are going to love it as I still am so happy to be retired. I wish I could give advise on Alaska or Hawaii but I've been to neither of those places. I have had friends to have stayed at that Grand Hyatt and loved it. Sounds like you have an excellent plan. I hope your days are getting easier.

You may not be able to give me advice on Alaska or Hawaii (yet!), but I'm sitting here drinking one of your Old Fashioneds.  Very tasty every time!

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

@bobmacliberty

Icy Strait Point: we have done whale watches with private parties.  The first time the gentleman retired.  The second time we went with Hoonah Whale Watch.  I don't know if they are still in business but it was a wonderful trip with whales bubble feeding close to the boat.  

Skagway: the first time we did the railway, the second time a trip to Emerald Lake with Dyea Dave.  Both were very enjoyable.

Juneau: Both times we took the shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier and walked to Nugget Falls.  The first time we did a jeep tour with Juneau Jeep Tours.  The second time we did a whale watch with Harv and Marv.

P.S.  There were yarn stores in Skagway and Juneau.

Thanks for the input.  Off to check out whale watching tours in ISP.  What's with the yarn stores?  Is Alaska known for their yarn?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's an app that tells you the best time for a bathroom break during a movie.  The "experts" watch the movie and find a few times with the least amount of action/least amount of important things in the plot.  They tell you how far into the movie each "pee time" starts, what happens on screen to signal that it's time to go (often a line spoken by a character), how long the pee break lasts, and what happened  during the movie while you were gone.  You sync it by hitting a start button at a certain point in the beginning of the movie (e.g. when the lion roars, or the Sony logo appears) and it will alert you when a pee break is approaching.  It does so silently with vibration so as not to bother others in the theater.  It also works by vibrating an Apple Watch (assume it does the same with android phone/watches but not sure). 

For those of us who can't sit through an entire movie without a pee break, it's very helpful.  I often expect a dozen people to stand up at the same point in the movie but either the app isn't that well known, or there are a lot of younger people who don't need to worry about it. 😁

RunPee

Genius! Sounds like a brilliant idea. Of course women would be at a disadvantage at a disadvantage.

We’d need an app with longer slow times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Default - Dani doesn't mind.

Quite the opposite. Love, love to hear about planned cruises, love to exchange ideas and tips.

My cruising experience was thoroughly enhanced after I've discovered [after 2 cruises 😢] Cruise Critic.

Since you've already been to Hawaii many times, for us Hawaii and Alaska were once in a life time trip, and your Alaska itinerary is a bit different from ours, I'll just mention what we enjoyed most.

Vancouver -- Stanley Park - just walking near the ocean. Ships passing us. Granville island - very enjoyable. After thoroughly checking the "usual suspects" (re: hotels in Vancouver, with the Pan Pacific and Fairmont leading locations), I couldn't really justify the huge difference in price, and "settled" for the L'Hermitage, which had glowing reviews. And they were right. On the morning of the cruise, a taxi for a few dollars to Canada Place and we saved hundred of dollars.

Alaska -- Juneau: took a very reputable tour to see whales. Saw some tails... from afar. Took public transportation to Mendelhall glacier and enjoyed it very much.

Skagway - opted for a trip to Emerald Lake instead of the Yukon train. I don't have much patience sitting in a train, but that's me...

Hawaii -- enjoyed very much OLL, Waimea canyon is amazing, the lookout was very misted, couldn't see a thing, so if you're there 5 days, try to time it according to the weather forecast. Napali coast - we've done it from the cruise ship. Breathtaking like the Waimea.

To sum it up: Hawaii -- I wish I could go back. I had no idea I'll enjoy every minute there.

But -- I'm "spoiled"... After the Norwegian fjords and Milford Sound, and not seeing any bears or whales.

Thanks Dani!  I'll check out L'Hermitage.  I ended up looking at so many Vancouver hotels that they all started to run together and I finally just gave up and went with the Pan Pacific.  I stayed there once before on business and enjoyed watching the seaplanes come and go.  I got what I think is a good deal on the Pan Pacific (thru TripAdvisor Plus, which I think I can mention here) but wouldn't mind saving a couple hundred dollars. 

I'm not sold on the Skagway train for the same reason.  Between you and Keksie, I'll take a look at Emerald Lake.  Good advice on checking weather for the Waimea canyon lookout.  I watched a couple of videos where people got to the end and couldn't see anything.  We've not yet been to Alaska so I don't know if it will be one and done for us, or if we will want to go back.  Time will tell (hopefully).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I went on a land trip to Hawaii.  Just to the Big Island and it was a lot of fun and I would like to go back also. 

As to the bears and whales - the first trip we didn't see any bears but did have a whale breach in front of the boat.  Unfortunately, we were heading back and everyone had put their cameras up.  No pictures just a wonderful memory.  The second time in Juneau we came across a pod of whales bubble feeding.  Then the second time and at the last minute we decided to do a ship's tour to Bear Country in Ketchikan.  My expectations were low.  No bears until we were just about to get on the bus.  The guides told us to follow them out to one of the boardwalks.  Here comes a mother bear and a cub.  She dives into one of the little pools and comes out with a huge salmon.  She and her cub walked right under us back into the forest.  

We want to go back again to Alaska but maybe this time not do a cruise but explore more of the places we saw when we did the cruise tour.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I remember as a teenager loving to smell suntan lotions…my favorites smell like coconuts. 
When I was a kid, it was Tartan, which had a very distinctive fragrance…I always thought of tea!

I honestly don’t know what sunscreen smells like!

I love the smell of coconut but rarely enjoy anything with coconut in it.    I will make an exception cocktails with coconut as long as it is not a strong flavor of coconut.        

For me coconut is kinda like raisins @A&L_Ont

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks Dani!  I'll check out L'Hermitage.  I ended up looking at so many Vancouver hotels that they all started to run together and I finally just gave up and went with the Pan Pacific.  I stayed there once before on business and enjoyed watching the seaplanes come and go.  I got what I think is a good deal on the Pan Pacific (thru TripAdvisor Plus, which I think I can mention here) but wouldn't mind saving a couple hundred dollars. 

I'm not sold on the Skagway train for the same reason.  Between you and Keksie, I'll take a look at Emerald Lake.  Good advice on checking weather for the Waimea canyon lookout.  I watched a couple of videos where people got to the end and couldn't see anything.  We've not yet been to Alaska so I don't know if it will be one and done for us, or if we will want to go back.  Time will tell (hopefully).

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes but to me the Skagway train was kind of meh.  Mainly because it is not the kind of scenery that I like.  The history part of it was interesting though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As much as I adore all the pics and videos of @Sea Dog's Lizzy and Charlie, I have to say I'm glad I have always have cats, and never a dog, just for the potty training issue.  

Hopefully Sparky is all better now.  We'll probably be in the same boat with giving Marcel excess treats when we get back from our Odyssey cruise in a couple of weeks.  I must admit, I already feel really guilty about leaving him with the pet sitter for 10 days.

20220125_100125.thumb.jpg.770e8e444f5d1e064231effcc588f591.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've spent the last few days researching and planning for some of the missing pieces of our Alaska/Hawaii cruise this fall.  This is our first big trip in retirement (with most other plans having been cancelled) and we want to do it right.  Fingers (and toes) crossed that it still goes as planned. 

I'm interested in the thoughts of those of you who have been to the places that we are going.  Do you like the choices that we've made?  Do you have any alternate suggestions?  And before anyone says it, yes...I've been all over the port boards for info there as well.  There is a nice variety of people here who've been there/done that for a lot of places when it comes to cruising, and if Dani doesn't mind me using this thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  If this thread is still alive when we travel, I'll pay it back by posting pictures.

The main itinerary is as follows:

• Fly to Seattle on Sept 16. Spend 2.5 days in Seattle
  • 7 nights on Quantum departing Sept 19 from Seattle, return Sept 25 to Seattle
  • Fly Seattle to Vancouver on Sept 25.  Spend 3.5 days in Vancouver
  • 9 nights on Ovation departing Sept 30 from Vancouver, arrive Oct 9 in Honolulu
  • Fly to Kauai on Oct 9.  5 days in Kauai.
  • Fly home on Oct 14.

For Seattle, we're booked in the Mayflower Park Hotel.  Downtown and walkable to Pike Place Market (currently planning a walking food tour of Pike Place Market) and several restaurants.  Right on the monorail to Seattle Center for the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass.  

The Alaska cruise stops at:

• Icy Strait Point - Probably will do the Ziprider
  • Skagway - Probably the White Pass and Yukon Railway
  • Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier
  • Juneau - Helicopter Glacier tour.  Many choices...still need to pick one.
  • Victoria - ???

For Vancouver, we're booked in the Pan Pacific Hotel.  Decided to spend a little extra and be right on the harbour/right at the cruise port.  Currently planning a walking food tour of Gastown, several hours (maybe a whole day?) in Stanley Park (may rent bikes), and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and/or Grouse Mountain.  If time, may also spend a few hours (including dinner?) on Granville Island.

The TP cruise to Hawaii stops at:

• Seattle - Will do something that we missed when there pre-cruise...Aquarium?  Museum of Flight?
  • Lahaina for 2 days - Not sure yet what we will do.  We've been to Maui 3 times and have done all of the highlights, including Haleakula sunrise (brrr), Road to Hana, Old Lahaina Luau (3 times), helicopter tour (twice), Molokini snorkel.  We might do the OL Luau again as we do like it a lot, or may try a different one.

For Kauai, we're booked in the Grand Hyatt and will have a rental car.  Planning on a day on the north coast (Princeville Botanical Gardens, Kilauea Lighthouse (if timing works for a tour), a few beaches.  Planning on a day driving along the Waimea Canyon to the Kalalau Lookout.  Planning on a Napali Coast Sunset boat tour.  May visit the Smith's Family Garden Luau and drive to a few waterfalls.  Will leave some time for pool and beach but we can do that most of the year and would rather spend limited time elsewhere.  We decided not to spend any time in Honolulu/Oahu.  Been there 3 times and have done all of the highlights there.  We decided to go straight to Kauai since we've never been there.

Because we will be gone for a month and will need clothes for potential cold/wet weather (layers) and warm/sunny weather, we need to figure out clothing/packing logistics.  We'll probably take advantage of laundry perks on the ships.

Everything is flexible right now (including hotels), so if anyone has any other ideas of places to stay/things to do, I am all ears.  We are somewhat adventurous and don't mind a little activity (e.g. short hikes), but are getting too old for anything overly strenuous or adrenaline inducing.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.  Thanks.

Victoria I would definitely visit the Butchart Gardens. They’re remarkable. 
After her wedding, a woman moved to her new husband’s home and the view from the back was a quarry. 
What she turned that quarry into is well worth a visit. The gardens are extensive and very beautiful. 
Depending on the time you’ll have on shore, another option is Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress Hotel. Elegant and expensive and you’ll need a reservation. 
Your planned itinerary looks wonderful. 
I don’t think you can make a bad choice in Alaska. I love the float planes, but would think twice now. 
I enjoy the White Pass train ride, but I am a train aficionado. 

• Like 4