Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m so sorry Andrew.  I wish I had something inspirational to say but all I can come up with is 

“ it really suxx”.  
How about if I distract you with a question?  The new patio dining set we ordered for our pool area was finally delivered in December and it’s slightly larger than standard. (seats 8 vs 6).  I’m looking into a large offset umbrella instead of a regular table one.  Because of the sun angles, even a tilting table umbrella doesn’t shade one end of a table in the middle of the day when the sun is hottest.  I thought maybe an offset would be better and seem to recall you posted about one.  Are you happy with the functionality and flexibility as far as providing necessary shade?  

Check out Costco, Sam's and Bj's also.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I see us. We are 2 floors above the guy in the red shirt.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm usually not a fan of anything coconut but really enjoyed this drink while hanging at the pool.

Then I'm sure you hate Coconut breaded shrimp too. I really hate those !! Coconut was not meant to be put on a shrimp at no time !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got to see our grandkids this weekend, since they were past their Covid isolation/quarantine period.  

Grandson had to show me what he kept busy with.  

9BE2EFDD-7F6B-4611-A8AE-1C0B1A64FAC1.thumb.jpeg.36d54b8cac6ed28bba4a60ebaf4d1f35.jpeg

He also had to show me why he picked me, instead of Susan. To explain math when we were doing remote learning with them. 

86B11971-DBDD-4E66-B088-C6D6921A2183.thumb.jpeg.c0454259aca885cf899a25cbef801b06.jpeg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Reminds me of the movie Christmas Vacation. I can just picture J.C. pulling up in his R.V. and hooking up an extension cord to the house and a "hose" into the storm drain.

And shouting "the s*itters full"!!

Keep enjoying your cruise in spite of the crappy balcony chair.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Please tell me how it was.

I assume you mean Crazy Lobster.  We were just there for nachos, sandwiches, beer and cokes.  Still stay away from things with ice in Mexico. 

F6CDEEC2-D33A-45AD-A657-81EC7A37DC8F.thumb.jpeg.6c5342dcda59f357f0dc0cbfe7f7a3d6.jpeg

it was reasonably priced and the food was good. 

1EC831E2-06A6-4775-8DC2-34E5C8E3D2BE.thumb.jpeg.ded1d6b021cb60427223e32efe286b69.jpeg

What I didn’t like was someone was stopping by your table about every 3 minutes, to try and sell you some trinkets. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny sorry you had to scrap your Anniversary dinner.  I hope you're feeling better and can reschedule soon.

There are quite a few movie theaters here with reclining seats.  So comfy at times I almost fall asleep!  Last movie we went to was pre-covid. 

When I visited friends living in Texas many years ago we went to the movies to see a movie filmed in NYC .There was a lot of leg room in that theater.

I am feeling better,thanks ,Bonnie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We were just there for nachos, sandwiches, beer and cokes.  Still stay away from things with ice in Mexico. 

What I didn’t like was someone was stopping by your table about every 3 minutes, to try and sell you some trinkets. 

I am considering Crazy Lobster when we are there in September. I would not care for the constant trinket sales.

• Like 2

Mama Mia was excellent tonight. Those 2.5 hrs. went by so fast. Love the show and love the music. Very talented cast.

I'm definitely catching Allure on a good week. All the entertainment is running and St. Thomas appears to be a go for tomorrow. The weather has been great. And this Champagne Bar has two of the best bartenders that I have run across. Life is good.... except for those damn balcony chairs.😇

I'm glad to hear that your cruise is going so well, weather-wise, as well as entertainment being in full swing!  Enjoy your day in St. Thomas!  I am so looking forward to seeing Mama Mia in April.  I saw the play on Broadway in NYC many years ago  and I loved it.  (What's not to love?)

9 hours ago, NHProud said:

Lenny , hope you are feeling better. 

+1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds like you are having a great time @Ocean Boy

Maybe ask your cabin steward if they can get you different balcony chairs especially as the ship is only half full.

Graham.

That's a great idea, Graham!  I hope it works for OB!

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Dad’s Queen of the Night, bloomed right on schedule at 9.30pm tonight.

36D7C738-8F8C-4D2C-811C-99121532DB86.jpeg

69946EFC-B24B-43C0-828B-7D52F1BE76C8.jpeg

203C7282-8D2A-484D-9BE8-B71FA0821795.jpeg

Absolutely stunning!  Thank you for sharing the beautiful Queen of the Night!  Appropriate name, for sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm 6'0" and my knees are often pushed up against the seat in front of me in older theaters.  I can't imagine being squeezed in like a sardine for a few hours if I was taller.  Love the new reclining movie theater seats.  More importantly, they work well for Micheline.  Since she's on the shorter side, movie theater seats in pre-reclining days were often uncomfortable for her if her feet dangled too much.  We're much more likely to go see a movie in a theater now.  Having a bar there and using the Run Pee app also helps. 😉

In 2007 I organized a school reunion that lasted 3 days.I chose all the activities.People attended from all over the US and everyone told me in advance that they would like to see a Broadway play..I found it difficult to find a theater that could seat 40 people close to each other.

There was a production of The Fantastiks in a theater 2 blocks from Broadway and they said they could do it.My seat was in the first row and I had a lot of leg room.However,I apparently fell asleep and was snoring .The people seated next to me on both sides tried to wake me but could not.I woke up from being hit on the head by a sword from one of the actors.

That was my last time sitting in a front row.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear you both had tummy aches.  Glad to hear you feel better now.

No need to rush going out to eat if both concerned there are a lot of great take out options.  Or if you do want to venture out to eat maybe try a lunch or early dinner during a weekday to avoid crowds.🐣😍

That is what we are thinking,to go to lunch on a Saturday.

• Like 2

Mama Mia was excellent tonight. Those 2.5 hrs. went by so fast. Love the show and love the music. Very talented cast.

I'm definitely catching Allure on a good week. All the entertainment is running and St. Thomas appears to be a go for tomorrow. The weather has been great. And this Champagne Bar has two of the best bartenders that I have run across. Life is good.... except for those damn balcony chairs.😇

I hope they replace them before August. 

• Like 2

Oh my, that is an outstanding plant!  All those blooms, and all at once.  Does it have a strong fragrance?  Also, are the stems somehow anchored to the wall?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NHProud said:

I don’t watch reality shows however I do watch Jeopardy . Tonight’s show had a question Laura would have gotten and it was what did the GAO change the A to in its new name ?    

I’m watching the Australian Open and not as exciting as this past weekend’s football games.  Happy that Rogers and Brady are out .  Serena and The Joker aren’t playing , so perfect .   

Lenny , hope you are feeling better. 

J

I am,thanks

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, the older theaters in NYC provide very little leg room.  We made sure we reserved an aisle seat at the end of the row where Jim could move his bad knee at the last Play we saw.   

When we were planning on seeing some shows in London I remember reading about how uncomfortable some of the theaters were taller people.  DH is 6' and FIL is 6'4' so booking aisle seats was a priority.  The website Sue posted was an immense help!

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Does anyone have a Queen of the Night in their garden?  My dad gifted one to my daughter for her birthday  this time last year.  They only flower at night, for one night only after 9pm.  Our first flower is about to bloom, so I am on night watch for the next couple of nights…

I was going to say I remembered seeing a stunning plant on this thread a while back.

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There was someone on this thread that uploaded picture of a blooming one.  It will definitely be worth it.  It was gorgeous and amazing.  Hopefully you witness and can send us a photo💐

So it was this thread!

12 hours ago, derorim said:

I have one, also called Night Blooming Cereus.  It didn't bloom this year, possibly because it got knocked over and I had to repot it, but it bloomed the previous two years.  I keep it in a pot on my back porch, but have to bring it into the garage for the winter so it doesn't freeze.  

I posted about my friend's plant that we watched bloom in her garden this past October.  Her plant is overwintering in my garage now, too.

Have fun watching your daughter's plant.  I'd love to see pictures.

And there it is.  I am going to watch the video again.  I had never heard of the plant until that day. 

And masks!

I have seen Mama Mia three times, last time alone because I liked it so much even though it took away from pool time. 

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

You must be doing something very right.........................no "Kankles"  I usually get swollen ankles by day 2 of the cruise if I eat poorly.  Last cruise I behaved and they were mild.

Stay safe.

LOL.  On one of our first cruises, DH was surprised to see he had kankles.  He had never seen them before but then again he never ate bacon and hash and sausage every day for three days straight.  After that he realized he needed to take in way more water and lay off the salty stuff a bit.

• Like 5

Struggling today as my knee gave out several times last night and and I'm in pain today. My Knee replacement surgery can't happen soon enough. Going to take it easy today.

Last night we watched "West Side Story" for the SAG Awards judging. I am not a fan of remakes but I enjoyed Steven Spielburg's version. He did a few things different than the original even though I am partial to the original. Rachel Zegler who plays Maria is who I mainly watched as she is nominated for best actress. Interesting that she's only 20 years old and this is her first movie. She was picked from over 30,000 who auditioned. She sang all of her songs and has an incredible voice. I was very impressed by her performance. The music alone with the classic Leonard Bernstein score with lyrics from Stephen Sondheim always shines. Hearing those classic songs made this viewing alone fun. This version may not be for everybody but I did not mind. Nice to see it color.

I apologize if I have not responded to all the great things people are doing on this thread. Puppy dogs are occupying a lot of time. Potty training is still a struggle. We at least got them to sleep 6 hours last night.

Cheers everyone!

• Like 15

How beautiful that is! I’ve never seen anything like it!

There’s an Australian writer, Stephanie Laurens, who included a garden in one of her books. One section of the garden is filled with nothing but night blooming flowers. That would be a sight to see!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume you mean Crazy Lobster.  We were just there for nachos, sandwiches, beer and cokes.  Still stay away from things with ice in Mexico. 

1EC831E2-06A6-4775-8DC2-34E5C8E3D2BE.thumb.jpeg.ded1d6b021cb60427223e32efe286b69.jpeg

I would like to go to the beach in Nassau but I don't have the energy to keep saying no every 5 minutes.  Pretending to be asleep doesn't even work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Then I'm sure you hate Coconut breaded shrimp too. I really hate those !! Coconut was not meant to be put on a shrimp at no time !!

We love coconut shrimp. It's so good, but I don’t think I haven’t met a coconut I didn't like.

@aussielozzie18 That is a beautiful flower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Eric 6'3"   I will always remember Eric being so uncomfortable when we were in London and went to her Majestys Theatre in London to see Phantom of the Opera.   We had seats on first balcony level in the center of the isle and the seats were low I guess due to age of the theater.   He was squirming around the whole time and there was nowhere for us to move to.

I have a list of theaters that I can never go back to .The wife of my best friend from college was a stage actress.Every theater that she appeared in had the least foot room imaginable.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Prior to this, we had bad luck with tons of loud people around us…

That's the worst!  A close second are those that constantly open their phones, causing many distractions with the light when it's opened.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

❤️

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Our experience was enhanced by @harryfat1 's excellent review of Allure from December 2014. Most interesting for DH was the list of the "small wonders" across the ship, which we thoroughly enjoyed "hunting" for.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52956981&postcount=3

Thank you for the list of "small wonders"!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Antiqua, weather is perfect. Trip has been great so far!

Sounds like a wonderful cruise, Marietta!  Good to hear!!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A Panama Canal trip should be on everyone’s list.  We went through the locks on both a big ship, and a little boat.  

55C0A7FD-300A-4CC2-85F8-DA49C1DD1C8A.thumb.jpeg.151639ee16e112cad1e0e688bff0c6d0.jpeg

The little boat gives you an up close look at the locks. 

3807AE96-0F15-4C7F-88A6-CD66262C1824.thumb.jpeg.7b07e1c7ed95e70ae66344df813423f0.jpeg

And the larger ships tower above you. 

7EC939C8-E4D4-4C94-8F8F-C2737D4C3652.thumb.jpeg.9f6f3e1030e0b3fa4b7179c26d194adb.jpeg

867AFB45-6BF2-4D36-AD2F-82212E2A7B34.thumb.jpeg.a560e5f3237ff24fb3038d49cedc8d74.jpeg

6C579536-D8F0-4ED3-8098-352EA1BC2986.thumb.jpeg.992528ce100405fd3cc00e0798b8802c.jpeg

I would love to cruise the Panama Canal one day!  Great pictures, Mark!

Eric 6'3"   I will always remember Eric being so uncomfortable when we were in London and went to her Majestys Theatre in London to see Phantom of the Opera.   We had seats on first balcony level in the center of the isle and the seats were low I guess due to age of the theater.   He was squirming around the whole time and there was nowhere for us to move to.

That's the worst!  You pay good money and so look forward to enjoying the performance, only to be distracted by being so uncomfortable in your seat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think I may have found you in these couple of pictures.  

F518A148-D4C4-4EFA-B01A-BEEC7138F9FD.thumb.jpeg.1e1244dbd09d354f030fdd33cff25eef.jpeg

51F6CC81-68C6-4C75-A0B4-00AC451A3AD5.thumb.jpeg.d175a37914318ff16074bbf7e39dbbec.jpeg

I can relate to the “I have to stop eating!”   When we got home, we thought we would have to buy a new scale, because there was obviously something wrong with the way it was weighing us.   Then we looked at our pictures over the last month, and they were perfect for the before and after diet commercial photos.  Only problem was ours were in the reverse order. 😂😂

A Panama Canal trip should be on everyone’s list.  We went through the locks on both a big ship, and a little boat.  

55C0A7FD-300A-4CC2-85F8-DA49C1DD1C8A.thumb.jpeg.151639ee16e112cad1e0e688bff0c6d0.jpeg

The little boat gives you an up close look at the locks. 

3807AE96-0F15-4C7F-88A6-CD66262C1824.thumb.jpeg.7b07e1c7ed95e70ae66344df813423f0.jpeg

And the larger ships tower above you. 

7EC939C8-E4D4-4C94-8F8F-C2737D4C3652.thumb.jpeg.9f6f3e1030e0b3fa4b7179c26d194adb.jpeg

867AFB45-6BF2-4D36-AD2F-82212E2A7B34.thumb.jpeg.a560e5f3237ff24fb3038d49cedc8d74.jpeg

6C579536-D8F0-4ED3-8098-352EA1BC2986.thumb.jpeg.992528ce100405fd3cc00e0798b8802c.jpeg

I thought there was so much more they could have done with The Book, but I think you will find many of the shows amazing. 

Make sure you get a seat down front, for the Effectors show.  That is one of their best. 

Will be interested in which you choose. We were at Crazy Lobster. 

We did the little boat from Gatun Lake to the  Pacific on a Princess shore ex. 
It was a fabulous way to see the locks up close, and the second half of the Canal. 
We sat on the top deck, very comfortable even through a rain shower, had a good lunch, and enjoyed watching the young French crew on a catamaran going through the locks with us. 
We always do a round trip FLL because Dick gets a say sometimes on where and how long we cruise. 
He picks when it’s Panama Canal, I pick the rest. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- Hoping that you and your wife are feeling better today.

I think you mentioned that the restaurant you had planned to go to was an upscale place with a dress code ?

There aren’t many of those left on LI. Would you care to give the name of that restaurant? Occasionally, my DH and I like to go to a very nice restaurant to celebrate some event. 

Wishing you and all the posters here a very good day !

MJ🙋🏻

There are supposed restaurants in your part of Long Island that have dress codes but we have never been there.

We live in Nassau County and almost always go out to eat there.The restaurant that we were going to go to is Orchid in Garden City.

We go very often to Steve’s Piccola Bussola in Westbury.The interesting thing about that restaurant is that some people come in wearing formal attire while others will wear shorts.

The waitstaff in both restaurants wear formal attire.

• Like 1