Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm sitting in the Champagne Lounge having an espresso martini as I write this so, yes, night drinking has begun.

Sounds great!  I had a couple really good espresso martinis, chocolate martinis and watermelon martinis on our sailing.  

The watermelon ones are too sweet to have more than 2, IMO.

If you like rum, Have you tried a caribbean mule yet?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

Does anyone have a Queen of the Night in their garden?  My dad gifted one to my daughter for her birthday  this time last year.  They only flower at night, for one night only after 9pm.  Our first flower is about to bloom, so I am on night watch for the next couple of nights…

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds great!  I had a couple really good espresso martinis, chocolate martinis and watermelon martinis on our sailing.  

Oooh…never tried a watermelon martini.  DS makes good expresso and chocolate martini’s.  I will have to put in a request.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, the older theaters in NYC provide very little leg room.  We made sure we reserved an aisle seat at the end of the row where Jim could move his bad knee at the last Play we saw.   

I have a list of theaters I will not return to, always try to get aisle seats , some of the newer theaters still have really bad leg room. I love seeing plays in Dallas the theaters here all have good legroom and most touring shows are excellent some like South Pacific had many of the same cast members.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Does anyone have a Queen of the Night in their garden?  My dad gifted one to my daughter for her birthday  this time last year.  They only flower at night, for one night only after 9pm.  Our first flower is about to bloom, so I am on night watch for the next couple of nights…

No. I think they are popular in Singapore. In the book, "Crazy Rich Asians" they talk about a Queen of the Night bloom watch party with a bunch of fabulously wealthy attendees. Fun trilogy of books. :classic_biggrin:

I don't think much of the US has the right climate. But maybe in a few years....:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There was someone on this thread that uploaded picture of a blooming one.  It will definitely be worth it.  It was gorgeous and amazing.  Hopefully you witness and can send us a photo💐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lenny,  how was your night out for your Anniversary dinner?  I think you mentioned you havent been out to eat for over a year.  Did you and Toby feel comfortable? 

The last time we went out to dinner was Feb.8,2020.We were looking forward to going out last night.After lunch yesterday we had delicious pastries .Approximately 4PM we both began to have stomach aches.Mine was really bad to the point that I knew that going out to dinner would not be advisable.I went to bed and slept until 5AM .I was still not feeling well and went back to sleep .I got up at 8:00 ,had breakfast ,felt a little bit better but did not really feel okay till about noon.

Our daughters will find another night when we are all available.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Shrinkage.

Love Twangster's posts.  Follow him on Instagram too.  Great pics.

Sigh.  I'm still bouncing back and forth between mad and sad.  I don't like the OT rules either but it never should have gone to OT.  You can't give up 44 yards in 2 plays over 10 seconds with only 13 seconds left to allow KC to kick the game tying field goal.  Just inexcusable.  I need a cruise to get the taste of this game out of my mouth.  Yuck.  I'm now fully supporting the Cincinnati Bengals!

It is a good thing that I did not bet on the games this weekend as I was wrong on all 4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I think your friends’ condo is the high rise building thatI am thinking of in my post .

A few blocks south of that building was a small playground that friends and I would go to with one of our parents to watch over us. There were metal swings, monkey bars and see saws. Nothing fancy, but’s we loved playing there!

Very rustic  compared to playground equipment these days.

George- Great idea to go to Aqueduct. I hope you picked some winners!

The people that I knew were friends of my mother in law.I recall that the building was in the middle of the block.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, the older theaters in NYC provide very little leg room.  We made sure we reserved an aisle seat at the end of the row where Jim could move his bad knee at the last Play we saw.   

I am 6’5 and going to theaters,anywhere ,even for movies I must have an aisle seat.

17 minutes ago, Coralc said:

No. I think they are popular in Singapore. In the book, "Crazy Rich Asians" they talk about a Queen of the Night bloom watch party with a bunch of fabulously wealthy attendees. Fun trilogy of books. :classic_biggrin:

I don't think much of the US has the right climate. But maybe in a few years....:classic_smile:

Ah interesting.  Apparently it’s a cactus so that’s why I thought some states might have them.  A watch party sounds fun. They left that bit out of the movie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ah interesting.  Apparently it’s a cactus so that’s why I thought some states might have them.  A watch party sounds fun. They left that bit out of the movie.

I didn't realize it was a cactus al, so we might have them then. I'm just not familiar with the species. And Debbie said someone posted a photo, so I am possibly, totally, wrong. My apologies. We would like to see photos of yours. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

OB I believe the mask requirement was an issue for you.  What are your thoughts on it now that you’re aboard?  And I’m not asking about those following or not following, etc.  I’m just curious if you feel it’s impacting your own enjoyment of the cruise. 

I am definitely finding it to be an annoyance but I'm dealing with it. You can't do things like walk around with a drink or a cup of coffee. Sometimes I don't want to just sit.  I like to walk around. In the Windjammer every time you get up to get something you have to put ur back on. And I have to wear my contacts more than I like to because my glasses keep fogging up.😏 So yes, it is annoying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 sorry to hear you were both too unwell to go out.  Hope you are able to try again.

My son is 6’2’ and struggles with seating. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be for you.

My only other option is a front row seat and I occasionally do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't like the Caribbean mule. The coconut and the ginger clashed

54 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There was someone on this thread that uploaded picture of a blooming one.  It will definitely be worth it.  It was gorgeous and amazing.  Hopefully you witness and can send us a photo💐

I have one, also called Night Blooming Cereus.  It didn't bloom this year, possibly because it got knocked over and I had to repot it, but it bloomed the previous two years.  I keep it in a pot on my back porch, but have to bring it into the garage for the winter so it doesn't freeze.  

I posted about my friend's plant that we watched bloom in her garden this past October.  Her plant is overwintering in my garage now, too.

Have fun watching your daughter's plant.  I'd love to see pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3