Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

George- My father belonged to the Grand Jurors Association  and served many times at that courthouse. Usually after a case was decided, the jurors would have lunch or dinner together  at the Stratton Restaurant on Queens Blvd.

As a child, I loved going to the park to ride the beautiful carousel there.

Many great delis in the area- loved the pickles !

Was your parents’condo located near Union Tpke in a high rise building that seemed to be located in or very near the park? This building wasn’t far from Woodhaven Blvd.

I remember getting several hours for lunch so I grabbed a taxi and went to aqueduct to catch a few horse races while on jury duty. Carousel was walking distance to my parents condo. 

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I knew people who lived in a condo on Woodhaven close to Myrtle from 1965 to 1975.It was across the street from the park.

my parents lived there from early 1970’s moved to Denver mid 1990’s 

24 minutes ago, George C said:

I remember getting several hours for lunch so I grabbed a taxi and went to aqueduct to catch a few horse races while on jury duty. Carousel was walking distance to my parents condo. 

my parents lived there from early 1970’s moved to Denver mid 1990’s 

There were several apartment buildings .

Lenny- I think your friends’ condo is the high rise building thatI am thinking of in my post .

A few blocks south of that building was a small playground that friends and I would go to with one of our parents to watch over us. There were metal swings, monkey bars and see saws. Nothing fancy, but’s we loved playing there!

Very rustic  compared to playground equipment these days.

George- Great idea to go to Aqueduct. I hope you picked some winners!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just as the day was born hours ago so must it come to a conclusion...

And with the fall of the sun, day drinking shall turn into night drinking. 😁

I miss that view OB. The flowrider pic made me sad, as we are most likely cancelling Oasis by Friday. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Only Broadway show I ever walked out of was Tango Argentina. At least Cats I stay till intermission. 
I wish they’d do the second half of Cats first. 

No more intermission 

Cut it down to 90 minutes

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching Family Feud and the following questions was asked…

What’s the worse thing that could happen on a cruise.

Neither family got then last answer right, which was #5. It was our first answer. 

DF901A48-DA6B-457F-B7B3-A9D11D472D82.thumb.jpeg.c4b2824a1a5af20438bdd3f55e594c06.jpeg

Laura got it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I miss that view OB. The flowrider pic made me sad, as we are most likely cancelling Oasis by Friday. 

Andrew, have you been able to convince Lisa of the necessity of a personal flow rider for your next project?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm sitting in the Champagne Lounge having an espresso martini as I write this so, yes, night drinking has begun.

Sorry to read of the impending cancellation. The decisions are tough to make. I agonized over whether to do this cruise or not.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh no, Andrew!  What is the date of your cruise?

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, Andrew, that you're considering cancelling. Is it because of the hassle of getting back to Canada?

+1?

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm sitting in the Champagne Lounge having an espresso martini as I write this so, yes, night drinking has begun.

Sorry to read of the impending cancellation. The decisions are tough to make. I agonized over whether to do this cruise or not.

Best decision you made to proceed with your cruise plans!  Enjoy your martini!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Only Broadway show I ever walked out of was Tango Argentina. At least Cats I stay till intermission. 
I wish they’d do the second half of Cats first. 

I walked out of two both fairly recently, South Pacific and another one with Jim Parson “ the normal heat” in both cases , it was due to absolutely no leg room for my bad knees , for a couple other plays I stood in the back for the second act.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I walked out of two both fairly recently, South Pacific and another one with Jim Parson “ the normal heat” in both cases , it was due to absolutely no leg room for my bad knees , for a couple other plays I stood in the back for the second act.

Yes, the older theaters in NYC provide very little leg room.  We made sure we reserved an aisle seat at the end of the row where Jim could move his bad knee at the last Play we saw.   

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Disappointing for sure. Do you have another one in the wings? 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll be back there as soon as Mama Mia is through.

OB I believe the mask requirement was an issue for you.  What are your thoughts on it now that you’re aboard?  And I’m not asking about those following or not following, etc.  I’m just curious if you feel it’s impacting your own enjoyment of the cruise.