Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just got done watching "Ozark" Season 4  Episode's 1 -7, talk about a cliff hanger. Does anyone know what month the last 7 episodes will air this year?

I dont think they officially announced released date yet.  I heard by spring but don't really know for sure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ha, I did not know that. Haven’t seen the show but usually we know about Staten Islanders who make it!

Pete Davidson from SNL (and Staten Island, of course!) just bought the  retired John F Kennedy Staten Island Ferry, and plans to make it into an entertainment venue.😊

His "Walking in Staten" video is a delight!😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Also, sorry for all the typos in my previous post. They always stand right out AFTER I push "send".😏

No worries,  relax and enjoy yourself.  You deserve it!!!😍

And yes, I hate those low backed chairs for balcony.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Pete Davidson from SNL (and Staten Island, of course!) just bought the  retired John F Kennedy Staten Island Ferry, and plans to make it into an entertainment venue.😊

The video is really funny! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62Vmju18Vw

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have no pets

I have no interest in sports

My next cruise is over a year from now

I don't travel extensively

I only drink sweet wines like Moscato, Reisling, sometimes Laura's Berringer White Zin

I never watch the shows everyone seems to be watching

YET this is my go-to online happy place.  Go figure!

Living vicariously thru others is not a bad thing. Currently,  I'm living thru Twangster's somewhat live Odyssey review.  Love his reviews,  plenty of informative details, just the facts without getting sidetracked by any silliness and great, no, make that fantastic pictures. 

• Like 5

Bonnie- 

I am glad to know another NY person posting on this thread that has been transplanted.

You to Texas and me to Eastern Long Island- LOL!

Seems that all of us have different interests and backgrounds,but that is what keeps this thread interesting !

Take care- 

MJ🙋🏻

Maybe I should post a different emoji as I am watching Tampa Bay get bested by the Rams 20 -3 !🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I once you tubed Staten Island Ferry Terminal.  OMG I was amazed at how built up it is.  Like an endless shopping mall.  The 9 or so summers I took the Staten Island Ferry to day camp sticks in my mind as a totally empty area.  Same with the NY Terminal.  Progress in motion.

I look forward to talking Staten Island with you on Bella's cruise!

37 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie- 

I am glad to know another NY person posting on this thread that has been transplanted.

You to Texas and me to Eastern Long Island- LOL!

Seems that all of us have different interests and backgrounds,but that is what keeps this thread interesting !

Take care- 

MJ🙋🏻

Maybe I should post a different emoji as I am watching Tampa Bay get bested by the Rams 20 -3 !🤦🏻‍♀️

Eastern Long Island???  Ohhh you mean Eastern Lawn Giiiland! The furthest I've been on the Island is Deer Park where a long ago friend lived.

My previous post was sent in jest,  honest.  I do love this thread so!  I don't know what I would have done without it these last almost 2 years. Very comforting.  

Where in NY were you?  I was brought up on Lower Manhattan, then Rockland County, now TX.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

SAG AWARDS MOVIE VIEWING "THE TENDER BAR."

download.jpeg.2639e7e4fc45a3255901e813e2133d40.jpeg

I was excited to watch this movie staring Ben Affleck and directed by George Clooney. After watching it I was disappointed that I wasted two hours of my time on it.

Story goes like this. 

"In 1972, 9-year-old J.R. Maguire moves into his grandfather's dilapidated house in Long Island, N.Y. Searching for a father figure, he falls under the unconventional tutelage of his uncle Charlie, a charismatic, self-educated bartender who introduces him to a handful of the bar's colorful regulars. As the years pass and J.R. grows into a young man, he tries to fulfill his dream of becoming a writer".

Essentially it's your typical coming of age movie. While Ben Affleck does give a very good performance hence his nomination as best supporting actor the movie is just too slow and Clooney's directing is lack luster. 

If you are a Affleck fan I'd say give it a viewing. As for watching a good coming of age movie there are many others I would watch before this one.

Just my opinion so please don't take my view as one of a professional reviewer and as a basis to view this movie or not.

I am not a big fan of Ben Affleck either but did look like he gave a good performance in this movie (little we saw of it).       I put this movie on Friday night thinking Eric and I would watch together and before we knew it we both were loosing interest and both of us started doing other stuff.      We left the movie on but really didn't watch it.     

Will give it another try, maybe.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My previous post was sent in jest,  honest.  I do love this thread so!  I don't know what I would have done without it these last almost 2 years. Very comforting.  

Same feelings here, Bonnie, same comfort.

And posts written in a jest are... the best 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I think he bought it with his Colin Jost from SNL and a third person that is a realtor and owns a comedy club.      I read online they bought at an auction for $280,000

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not a big fan of Ben Affleck either but did look like he gave a good performance in this movie (little we saw of it).       I put this movie on Friday night thinking Eric and I would watch together and before we knew it we both were loosing interest and both of us started doing other stuff.      We left the movie on but really didn't watch it.     

Will give it another try, maybe.

That sounds like me.  I tried watching it, lost interest and got distracted with CC and other things on my iPad.  Before I knew it the movie was over and I wasn’t disappointed that I didn’t know how it ended.  

• Like 3

We are onboard. No lines at check in or arrival. We parked at the surface lot by the entrance of the terminal Was told 2300 plus passengers on this sailing. I had a mango Miami Vice and have sampled two pizz slices from Sorento's. Dinner at Giovanni's tonight. 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tampa Bay is out.  Anyone can win it now!!!

heck of a comeback though..................no Rodgers  and no Brady ,probably go to be  ho hum superbowl

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are onboard. No lines at check in or arrival. We parked at the surface lot by the entrance of the terminal Was told 2300 plus passengers on this sailing. I had a mango Miami Vice and have sampled two pizz slices from Sorento's. Dinner at Giovanni's tonight. 

Sounds awesome.   Bon Voyage!!!😍

Go For it, Do It, Enjoy it 😃

• Thanks 1

Bonnie-

I grew up in Forest Hills and,at times,still have a Queens accent as in watah for water and the expression g’ahead for go ahead as in -Can I go to the front of the line?- G’ahead !

My DH and I moved to the North Fork of Long Island in 1984,about 70 miles east of Deer Park. I still miss the NYC metro area.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I once you tubed Staten Island Ferry Terminal.  OMG I was amazed at how built up it is.  Like an endless shopping mall.  The 9 or so summers I took the Staten Island Ferry to day camp sticks in my mind as a totally empty area.  Same with the NY Terminal.  Progress in motion.

I look forward to talking Staten Island with you on Bella's cruise!

Looking forward to meeting and talking to you also, Bonnie!  

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think he bought it with his Colin Jost from SNL and a third person that is a realtor and owns a comedy club.      I read online they bought at an auction for $280,000

Yes, Debbie.  You are right about his buying it with Colin Jost and a realtor.  I couldn't think of Colin's name before.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same feelings here, Bonnie, same comfort.

And posts written in a jest are... the best 😎

Absolutely.  +1!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie-

I grew up in Forest Hills and,at times,still have a Queens accent as in watah for water and the expression g’ahead for go ahead as in -Can I go to the front of the line?- G’ahead !

My DH and I moved to the North Fork of Long Island in 1984,about 70 miles east of Deer Park. I still miss the NYC metro area.

I remember Forest Hills as beautiful, quiet yet close to the city.  I remember at one point while living in Co-op City, in The Bronx, we looked at an apt. in Forest Hills, on or near Yellowstone Blvd.  Rents seemed high, and we decided to buy a house instead.

The North Fork is a beautiful part of the Island.  From what I understand, quaint, wineries, quiet life.

Hmmm not sure about the g'ahead but sounds right.

I loved growing up in Lower Manhattan.  No need for cars with the city subway and buses at our fingertips. I think I must have visited every major museum and then some.  So much to do, so much to see.  However, I am ashamed to admit that I haven't been back in years.  When we visit our daughter in NJ, we never venture into the city.  We only go back to Rockland County to visit friends.

• Like 4