Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh, one other thought, the new muster drill is a dream compared to the old way.... absolutely painless... and not because I had drunk a Painkiller.😇

Do you still have to watch the movie, or is that long in the past. If it was enjoyable, it has to be gone. 

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you still have to watch the movie, or is that long in the past. If it was enjoyable, it has to be gone. 

No movie. You watch a 10-15 second video on your phone, listen to the emergency horn blast and then report to you muster station. Crew checks your phone to see that you have completed those steps and you're done.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

No, you just watch the video on your phone that lasts less than a minute on how to put on a life jacket and listen to the emergency alarm which takes about 15 seconds. Then go to the muster station where they scan your seapass and you are done. No more shutting down the ship for 45 minutes and waiting for idiots who think the drill doesn't apply to them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, LGW59 said:

He’ll end his career in New England, Bill is already scheming 

Why would he go to New England now, they have their QB now, not going to put his career onhold now for 2 or 3 years. That would ruin him plus Bill is a defensive coach.

The perfect place for him  is to go to New Orleans, where Sean Payton is an offensive guru. That team has plenty of offensive weapons also. Saints is a passing offense and all New England wants to do now is run the ball.

Another huge advantage of the Saints is Rodgers would get to have 8 or 9 home games in an inside stadium. At his age he would love that.

He will be a Saint, just a matter of what month they trade for him. Seems like whatever happens will happen before the draft in April.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, since I hadn't even started drinking I suspect the mistakes will only get worse as the day goes on.

Speaking of drinking... i really like the new vouchers as opposed to the old C&A benefits. It is nice not having time limitations and I've tried some new drinks. Met an awesome bartender in the Champagne Bar who has been great about martini suggestions and really seems to take pride in his work. Also a woman from Jamaica in the Solarium Bar who has a great personality and is a lot of fun.

I need to find out how many people are on this ship. It seems like the perfect number... no crowds yet doesn't feel empty.

The important question here is, have you had a good Cosmopolitan yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. At the moment, her symptoms are mild so hopefully they stay that way and we don’t get it 🤞She got her booster a week ago. 7 days isolation at home for the four of us.  The weather is good so I can sit in the garden and read. DS has movies he wants to watch & DH can work from home.  Max, our dog is going to love having the extra attention.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember Forest Hills as beautiful, quiet yet close to the city.  I remember at one point while living in Co-op City, in The Bronx, we looked at an apt. in Forest Hills, on or near Yellowstone Blvd.  Rents seemed high, and we decided to buy a house instead.

The North Fork is a beautiful part of the Island.  From what I understand, quaint, wineries, quiet life.

Hmmm not sure about the g'ahead but sounds right.

I loved growing up in Lower Manhattan.  No need for cars with the city subway and buses at our fingertips. I think I must have visited every major museum and then some.  So much to do, so much to see.  However, I am ashamed to admit that I haven't been back in years.  When we visit our daughter in NJ, we never venture into the city.  We only go back to Rockland County to visit friends.

I didn’t even have a driver’s license when living in New York City , Got one just before moving to Texas and first time I ever drove by myself I was on LBJ freeway heading for the Hilton by the galleria, I was in my early 30’s .

• Like 4

23 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your amaryllis is huge. Ours must be smaller because of the cold.  It has bloomed twice but you know, it is wearing a turtleneck. 🤔

Total Seinfeld joke opportunity.

Shrinkage.

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Living vicariously thru others is not a bad thing. Currently,  I'm living thru Twangster's somewhat live Odyssey review.  Love his reviews,  plenty of informative details, just the facts without getting sidetracked by any silliness and great, no, make that fantastic pictures. 

Love Twangster's posts.  Follow him on Instagram too.  Great pics.

11 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, I, for one, am not happy with the outcome of tonight’s game . 
Both games ended with fireworks!

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I posted and just a couple plays later it was over.  I like college overtime better.  So much of an advantage by winning a coin toss in NFL overtime.  Exciting playoff games.

Sigh.  I'm still bouncing back and forth between mad and sad.  I don't like the OT rules either but it never should have gone to OT.  You can't give up 44 yards in 2 plays over 10 seconds with only 13 seconds left to allow KC to kick the game tying field goal.  Just inexcusable.  I need a cruise to get the taste of this game out of my mouth.  Yuck.  I'm now fully supporting the Cincinnati Bengals!

• Like 5

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  It's alternated between that and cold clammy sweats since then although this morning seems to be better.  It kind of came and went yesterday.  I'd have a few hours here and there where i felt ok and then back to feeling like crap.

First 3 shots were Pfizer and the worst was a sore arm.  Wondering if getting Moderna for this shot had anything to do with it or if it was a bit worse because I had Covid a month ago.

Vikki also had the Moderna (although only the half dose booster) and she's fine.  Both kids got the Pfizer and are fine with no side effects.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. At the moment, her symptoms are mild so hopefully they stay that way and we don’t get it 🤞She got her booster a week ago. 7 days isolation at home for the four of us.  The weather is good so I can sit in the garden and read. DS has movies he wants to watch & DH can work from home.  Max, our dog is going to love having the extra attention.

Ahh, sorry to hear she tested positive especially on her birthday.😥

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Shrinkage.

Love Twangster's posts.  Follow him on Instagram too.  Great pics.

Sigh.  I'm still bouncing back and forth between mad and sad.  I don't like the OT rules either but it never should have gone to OT.  You can't give up 44 yards in 2 plays over 10 seconds with only 13 seconds left to allow KC to kick the game tying field goal.  Just inexcusable.  I need a cruise to get the taste of this game out of my mouth.  Yuck.  I'm now fully supporting the Cincinnati Bengals!

Extremely tough loss , just heard a sports reporter saying this was the best playoff game he has ever seen. Definitely two great quarterbacks, feel sorry for all the Buffalo bills fans .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  It's alternated between that and cold clammy sweats since then although this morning seems to be better.  It kind of came and went yesterday.  I'd have a few hours here and there where i felt ok and then back to feeling like crap.

First 3 shots were Pfizer and the worst was a sore arm.  Wondering if getting Moderna for this shot had anything to do with it or if it was a bit worse because I had Covid a month ago.

Vikki also had the Moderna (although only the half dose booster) and she's fine.  Both kids got the Pfizer and are fine with no side effects.

Hope you feel better today.  

I find it so interesting how everyone has different reactions.    Maybe someday the scientists will figure out why.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

40°F and clear skies this morning in NE England.

I hope everyone has a nice day and stay safe.

Graham.

We had the heat on this morning here in Naples.  It's 42 degrees here this morning!

Have a wonderful day, Graham and Pauline!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are onboard. No lines at check in or arrival. We parked at the surface lot by the entrance of the terminal Was told 2300 plus passengers on this sailing. I had a mango Miami Vice and have sampled two pizz slices from Sorento's. Dinner at Giovanni's tonight. 

Have a great cruise. Lets us know how Giovanni's is.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog

I took this picture just for you. I didn't even get a whistle blown at me.😉

20220123_134847.thumb.jpg.55d33d076de9434959b470aa1079a55a.jpg

Bravo well done. I like this game. How close can you get for the shot before getting in trouble.

Love Painkiller's. my bucket list is to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar at Jost Van Dyke where the original painkiller was invented.

20 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So sorry I hope your symptoms stay mild. Take it easy on yourself.

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

After the game I immediately thought of you and the pain you must be in. Trust me I know the feeling. I agree with you on everything but I felt kicking the ball to the Chiefs for a touchback instead of a scribbler for a runback to wind down the clock would had made it much tougher for the Chiefs to kick the filed goal to send it in OT. I agree the OT rules need to be changed but I also remember 2019 when the Chiefs played the Pats in the AFC Championship game and it went into OT. The Pats won the toss went down and scored. Game over and Mahomes never got to touch the ball. So I will take this win. You should be extremely proud of your Bills they were amazing. I've seen a lot of football in my years and that was the greatest playoff game of all time. It will go down in history. I am such a Josh Allen fan. I have no doubt he will take the Bills to the Super Bowl. This ended up exactly how I believe Al Michaels said. Whoever has the ball last will win the game. I think I could of been easily the one mad and sad today.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I hope within 24 hours you will feel much better. Hang in there. My booster I had no fever but felt blah for about 24 hours. Hang in there.

• Like 7