Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume you mean Crazy Lobster.  We were just there for nachos, sandwiches, beer and cokes.  Still stay away from things with ice in Mexico. 

It was reasonably priced and the food was good. 

What I didn’t like was someone was stopping by your table about every 3 minutes, to try and sell you some trinkets. 

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am considering Crazy Lobster when we are there in September. I would not care for the constant trinket sales.

We haven’t been back to Mahahual since cruising resumed but the middle of the malecon has always been noisier, busier and more vendors than the ends.

We had settled on and recommend Malecon21 in our last visits but have also enjoyed Tropicante previously.

Considering giving  Krazy Lobster a try during our visit next month due to numerous recent reviews and the fact it is PAYG. If we don’t like it we can always move on!

Locations outside of the malecon are the only way to avoid vendors, like Maya Chan, Almaplena, Hayhu.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love Antigua.  I did lots of shopping while there.  I bought some of those turtles they have at store 306 in port.  Plus my favorite silver store Silverado.

Had a great day at Runaway Beach too.  Have Fun🍹🌴

Are you referring to hand carved wooden turtles ? We bought one in Antigua in 2019.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We love coconut shrimp. It's so good, but I don’t think I haven’t met a coconut I didn't like.

I also love coconut shrimp!  I'm also with you...all things coconut...fresh coconut, coconut drinks, perfume, etc.😉

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

He picks when it’s Panama Canal, I pick the rest. 

Perfect harmony, Mimi!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Struggling today as my knee gave out several times last night and and I'm in pain today. My Knee replacement surgery can't happen soon enough. Going to take it easy today.

Last night we watched "West Side Story" for the SAG Awards judging. I am not a fan of remakes but I enjoyed Steven Spielburg's version. He did a few things different than the original even though I am partial to the original. Rachel Zegler who plays Maria is who I mainly watched as she is nominated for best actress. Interesting that she's only 20 years old and this is her first movie. She was picked from over 30,000 who auditioned. She sang all of her songs and has an incredible voice. I was very impressed by her performance. The music alone with the classic Leonard Bernstein score with lyrics from Stephen Sondheim always shines. Hearing those classic songs made this viewing alone fun. This version may not be for everybody but I did not mind. Nice to see it color.

I apologize if I have not responded to all the great things people are doing on this thread. Puppy dogs are occupying a lot of time. Potty training is still a struggle. We at least got them to sleep 6 hours last night.

Cheers everyone!

Loved the remake of West Side Story , thought it was super cool that Rita Moreno was included, since she was in the 1961 original, I ran into her in a bar in StThomas in mid 1980’s she was headlining on SS Norway.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Struggling today as my knee gave out several times last night and and I'm in pain today. My Knee replacement surgery can't happen soon enough. Going to take it easy today.

Last night we watched "West Side Story" for the SAG Awards judging. I am not a fan of remakes but I enjoyed Steven Spielburg's version. He did a few things different than the original even though I am partial to the original. Rachel Zegler who plays Maria is who I mainly watched as she is nominated for best actress. Interesting that she's only 20 years old and this is her first movie. She was picked from over 30,000 who auditioned. She sang all of her songs and has an incredible voice. I was very impressed by her performance. The music alone with the classic Leonard Bernstein score with lyrics from Stephen Sondheim always shines. Hearing those classic songs made this viewing alone fun. This version may not be for everybody but I did not mind. Nice to see it color.

I apologize if I have not responded to all the great things people are doing on this thread. Puppy dogs are occupying a lot of time. Potty training is still a struggle. We at least got them to sleep 6 hours last night.

Cheers everyone!

Sorry that you are in pain today,Greg.I hope you feel better soon.

I did not see this version of West Side Story yet but I have heard that Rachael Ziegler is excellent.

She reminds me a bit of Emily Rossum who starred in Phantom of The Opera.We saw her in a school play when she was 12 years old and everyone present said that this girl will be a great actress one day.

• Like 3

Question about the double points promo that ended. I did an 8 day in October by myself, but it was booked for 2 and Mike was a no show. I received 16 points where I thought I should have gotten more. I talked to the LA today and she said since I didn’t book the cruise as a single I’m not entitled to the extra points. Is that true? This was the info I had and I didn’t think it mattered if I booked for 1 or 2 people. I just sent an email to the C & A to see what they say.

Standard room: 2 points per night

Suite room: 4 points per night

Solo guest in standard room: 4 points per night

Solo guest in suite: 6 points per night

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We did the little boat from Gatun Lake to the  Pacific on a Princess shore ex. 
It was a fabulous way to see the locks up close, and the second half of the Canal. 

Who knows, maybe you were onboard with us.  We did the canal with Princess in April, 2014 for the 100th anniversary of the canal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We did the little boat from Gatun Lake to the  Pacific on a Princess shore ex. 
It was a fabulous way to see the locks up close, and the second half of the Canal. 
We sat on the top deck, very comfortable even through a rain shower, had a good lunch, and enjoyed watching the young French crew on a catamaran going through the locks with us. 
We always do a round trip FLL because Dick gets a say sometimes on where and how long we cruise. 
He picks when it’s Panama Canal, I pick the rest. 

Panama Canal Cruise is Awesome, nothing like it.  Going west to east and going through the very last lock and sitting on our Aft  of the ship. Looking at how the water level behind us was almost at high as the  top of our ship we were on it's a sight I will never forget.

Amazing wonder of the world!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I also love coconut shrimp!  I'm also with you...all things coconut...fresh coconut, coconut drinks, perfume, etc.😉

Perfect harmony, Mimi!

I love coconut shrimp too.A great restaurant near us went out of business.They served great coconut shrimp.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Dad’s Queen of the Night, bloomed right on schedule at 9.30pm tonight.

36D7C738-8F8C-4D2C-811C-99121532DB86.jpeg

69946EFC-B24B-43C0-828B-7D52F1BE76C8.jpeg

203C7282-8D2A-484D-9BE8-B71FA0821795.jpeg

That is cool.  I showed Sharon and she told me that when she was a child living in Fiji her dad woke the kids and took them to a neighbor’s house to watch one bloom.    Thanks.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

We had settled on and recommend Malecon21 in our last visits but have also enjoyed Tropicante previously.

Considering giving  Krazy Lobster a try during our visit next month due to numerous recent reviews and the fact it is PAYG. If we don’t like it we can always move on!

Locations outside of the malecon are the only way to avoid vendors, like Maya Chan, Almaplena, Hayhu.

Thank you fro your suggestions. I have made notes and will research further. I know the vendors need to make a living but sometimes I want a nice relaxing, no pressure visit to a beach.

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Loved the remake of West Side Story , thought it was super cool that Rita Moreno was included, since she was in the 1961 original, I ran into her in a bar in StThomas in mid 1980’s she was headlining on SS Norway.

What a cool story. I enjoyed seeing her once again in this adaptation.

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry that you are in pain today,Greg.I hope you feel better soon.

I did not see this version of West Side Story yet but I have heard that Rachael Ziegler is excellent.

She reminds me a bit of Emily Rossum who starred in Phantom of The Opera.We saw her in a school play when she was 12 years old and everyone present said that this girl will be a great actress one day.

Considering the fact that she beat out 30,000 others who auditioned and she was still in high school, I think  she has a great future. Thanks for your well wishes. Hanging in there.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you fro your suggestions. I have made notes and will research further. I know the vendors need to make a living but sometimes I want a nice relaxing, no pressure visit to a beach.

+1

I agree they can be annoying but have never found them over aggressive in Mahahual and a no gracias is usually quite sufficient. Not sure how it will be since things have returned as I am sure many will have left the area.

We have several upcoming visits and like to sample new locations. It will be interesting to see how many have survived. 

Costa Maya forum has some recent reviews.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers everyone!

Oh, so sorry that you're in pain!  Hope you get some relief soon even before your surgery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry that you are in pain today, Greg. I hope you feel better soon.

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh, so sorry that you're in pain!  Hope you get some relief soon even before your surgery.

+3 . Hang in there, relief is "around the corner". 😘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Who knows, maybe you were onboard with us.  We did the canal with Princess in April, 2014 for the 100th anniversary of the canal.

I cannot find your Crazy Lobster post, and CC was acting funny so I will reply to you here: 

Yes I was asking about Crazy Lobster. thanks to you and all the others who put in their thoughts. 

Greg I am sorry to hear about your knees. 
Marietta, I am happy to hear you are enjoying yourself. This morning we went to the Solarium for a bit. It was really early and many well trained husbands were seeking out chairs to reserve, armed with towels, beach bags, books, etc. I was amused. 

We went to the top tier thing at 270. Captain Per looked really cute. Interesting stats: 2349 passengers, 1648 crew. 
30 passengers from Argentina, 78 from Canada, 2012 or something from the US. 278 D Plus and 77 Pinnacles. 

It is 81 degrees, and we are sailing past Cuba. Can see the land and am remembering the great time from our Cuba cruise before they clamped visits to Cuba. 

We have done Panama Canal cruise four times. The first one was supposed to be a bucket list and once in a life time and so lucky to be doing it at such a younger age and yadda yadda…… we loved it so much that we returned again and then again and then yet again. Two of those were full transits ocean to ocean and two were partials. I enjoyed ocean to ocean the best on NCL. I felt they did it the best compared to the other two lines. JMO. I am glad some of you are considering it. You will love it.

• Like 6

Greg. @Sea Dog I hope you don’t have too much pain before you are able to get your knee done.  My mother had hers done when she was in her 80’s, and did very well after.

So in addition to watching some entertaining football over the weekend and trying to keep up with snow removal, we binged a new Netflix series called Stay Close.   Based on the novel of the same name by Harlan Coben, it was developed as a British mystery mini-series.  I have read all of Coben’s books, and enjoy them. The series plot wasn’t spoiled for me, since it was about 9 years ago that I read this novel.

I am surprised no one here has mentioned this series, but then it was just released December 31, 2021.  It was filmed around Manchester and the NW coast in the UK.

If you enjoy a good mystery, with some twists and turns, give it a look.  It is only 8 episodes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2