Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This orthopedic group has their own surgical center on the upper two floors. I will stay a minimum of one night possible two depending on when I wake up and get some of the PT started. Surgery scheduled for 10:30. I agree with Jim rehab is everything. That's one reason why I waited to do this after I retired so that I can devote a lot of time to physical therapy. I want to do this right. Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot as I do suffer anxiety about medical procedures that require anesthesia. 

I'm not even a big coffee fan but love espresso martini's. I take it you have had a chocolate martini? Those are my favorites, especially made with Godiva Dark Chocolate liqueur.

Cold here in Kansas City at 16 degrees but since I'm retired everyday is a nice day.

Cheers Graham!

Stunning and beautiful. Thanks for the pictures. I need to visit.

Have a great day. Looks like a nice yacht in the top picture.

OB you are on fire. And not one whistle blown at you? Keep up the great work. I bow down to you. btw I did a typo on your towel animal reply, left out the word "Eat" as in they don't eat much. I'm sure you got it but I was typing on my phone without my glasses. You know the rest.

Good luck with your knee surgery Greg.

Graham.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheal said:

So frusterating with all the restrictions and then Owen having to miss out in hockey.  We took our daughter away for winter break during her senior year in high school.  The girl's new hockey coach punished her by not letting her play when she returned. No banquet or letters either for the graduating seniors.  Lousy end to her 4 years of playing for her school.  Fortunately the three years before really boosted her confidence level. 

Some coaches let their "power" go their head☹️  When our twin daughters were Freshmen in HS, they  were punished for doing some after school work and not getting to practice on time.  He would make them run around the court many times.  This was at every practice!!!  He was also our oldest daughter's Softball coach when she was a Senior.  He was  abusive at the games, swearing, kicking helmets if he didn't like the call, etc.  Luckily, all of us parents' got him relieved of his coaching duties at our daughters' Catholic Girls School.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

And this is actually a really fun thread. :classic_biggrin:

Absolutely!!  Fun, friendly, informative, etc.😉

12 hours ago, George C said:

I was hanging out in a bar in St Thomas that had lots of the entertainment crew from the SS Norway and Rita Moreno and her husband were trying to get to the corner of the bar , I got off my bar stool to let her pass and she looked up at me and said your a big one ( I am 6’4” and about 235 then) 

I love this!!!!

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

They do it for special occasions & pre-Covid they did it annually for Vivid, the light festival in Sydney which hopefully will return in June this year

5D39837F-8010-426C-B27C-A1B2C6D2588C.jpeg

D06EF850-1F2C-4376-AA6A-A0AF480E359E.jpeg

E3F67F82-4353-465A-9779-0013FF40753E.jpeg

CBA1D274-281F-44DB-BC46-CF9D0B552E2F.jpeg

Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing once again!

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh make no mistake, we’re still going!  It may just be without the Savannah stop, depending on how much snow we get & when we can leave.  I was just reading a thread about someone from Boston who’s supposed to fly out Saturday to get on Allure Sunday 😬.  
OB’s return may be tricky. 

Best of luck on your travels, Andy and Deb!  Is there any way you can start your trip a day or two prior to when you planned on leaving?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

Oh man, I'm sorry that your family is getting hit so hard from this virus.  I was talking to someone this morning who told me her daughter, who is triple vaxed, now has Covid for the second time.

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder what ever happened to the guys who wanted to was car windows when we were stopped at a light.They just disappeared.

I believe it may have been Mayor Giuliani who put a stop to this horrendous practice??

He really cleaned up NYC when he became Mayor years ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Some coaches let their "power" go their head☹️  When our twin daughters were Freshmen in HS, they  were punished for doing some after school work and not getting to practice on time.  He would make them run around the court many times.  This was at every practice!!!  He was also our oldest daughter's Softball coach when she was a Senior.  He was  abusive at the games, swearing, kicking helmets if he didn't like the call, etc.  Luckily, all of us parents' got him relieved of his coaching duties at our daughters' Catholic Girls School.

Absolutely!!  Fun, friendly, informative, etc.😉

I love this!!!!

Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing once again!

Best of luck on your travels, Andy and Deb!  Is there any way you can start your trip a day or two prior to when you planned on leaving?

Oh man, I'm sorry that your family is getting hit so hard from this virus.  I was talking to someone this morning who told me her daughter, who is triple vaxed, now has Covid for the second time.

I believe it may have been Mayor Giuliani who put a stop to this horrendous practice??

He really cleaned up NYC when he became Mayor years ago.

You are probably right.I forgot about that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This evening we had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Cruisewizard (Gary and Mary). They are both delightful. This is the third leg of their B2B2B.

I have not run into Twangster…..but then I don’t know who to look for!

Tomorrow is Costa Maya. It seemed we were sailing along Cuba for all day today! My mind is playing tricks…….I swear I heard someone calling O Luceeeeeeee!

I tried Curacao Cosmo today in the lounge. Robitussin! Yuk.

Guess you need OB's bartender to make it for you. 

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The app has your booster listed? It only has my first two. I don't know if the people who load the info are behind or what.

Yes.  When I open the app and tap on my vaccination card it opens to show the first two shots.  Swipe left and the screen then displays the booster.  I had my done 12/1 and it was in the app when I loaded it last week. 

I also have DH's card in my app and mine in his just to make it easier if the two of us need to display our cards for whatever reason.

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Something similar happened to us in St Lucia.  A guy was 'making' jewellery on the beach. I really loved the necklace and bought one made specially for me . Found them half the price in a local shop later 🤷‍♀️

LOL.  For that reason I would never buy anything expensive.  I just don't know what to look for and would easily get taken for a ride.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Could you give me the name of the one that evidently lets you store vaccination info?

Mimi, the one that @reallyitsmemaand I are using is an app our states adopted, along with other states, as she mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  When I did a quick search I see that Florida, along with a number of other states, don't require proof of vaccination so no specific state app.  

The other thing we did was we loaded a copy of our cards into our apple wallets.  It took some doing, DH had to take a picture of mine if I remember correctly but we did get it to load.  It displays a QR code,  along with the dates of the shots, vaccine used and who the card is issued by.  In my case it is the state of RI.

I also have a picture of actual card in a "locked file" on my iphone.

Maybe a few of our real good "techies" might have a recommendation for an app?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  Shelby, who was feeling better this morning is now having kidney pain and getting sick.  She, like her dad, has problems with kidney stones.  She needs to be drinking more.  While pregnant, there is not much options for pain relief.  Sharon went over to check on her.  After Shelby got sick the pain eased up.  All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Yes.  When I open the app and tap on my vaccination card it opens to show the first two shots.  Swipe left and the screen then displays the booster.  I had my done 12/1 and it was in the app when I loaded it last week. 

I also have DH's card in my app and mine in his just to make it easier if the two of us need to display our cards for whatever reason.

Thanks. I didn't realize that you had to do a swipe to get the booster to show.

Edit: just tried the swipe, does nothing. I'll worry about when I get home.... whenever that might be.😏

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Mimi, the one that @reallyitsmemaand I are using is an app our states adopted, along with other states, as she mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  When I did a quick search I see that Florida, along with a number of other states, don't require proof of vaccination so no specific state app.  

The other thing we did was we loaded a copy of our cards into our apple wallets.  It took some doing, DH had to take a picture of mine if I remember correctly but we did get it to load.  It displays a QR code,  along with the dates of the shots, vaccine used and who the card is issued by.  In my case it is the state of RI.

I also have a picture of actual card in a "locked file" on my iphone.

Maybe a few of our real good "techies" might have a recommendation for an app?

I just went to my CVS with my card and the printout showing the wrong lot number and the pharmacy tech scribbled out the number on the card and wrote in the one that is on the printout from the state that is wrong!  I explained to him a second time that the number is not a valid lot number and that the state system needed to be fixed.  He said he only knows Pfizer as that is all that store gives and that I need to go back to the CVS in Target as they only do Moderna and will know what I am talking about.  I went off to Target and explained again what the issue was and the second the woman looked at my printout, she said that isn't a valid Moderna number, that "7" doesn't belong there!  Yay!  After messing with the computer, she figured out how to update the state system and then put a sticker over what the other guy had done to my card and rewrote the correct information.  Hopefully, the state system updates in a few days and I can download the corrected QR code.  I am going to printout the record from the department of health again too to keep with my card just in case someone has an issue with the sticker.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I and family has experience the vax does little to stop us from getting it but seems to help the severity.  Shelby, who was feeling better this morning is now having kidney pain and getting sick.  She, like her dad, has problems with kidney stones.  She needs to be drinking more.  While pregnant, there is not much options for pain relief.  Sharon went over to check on her.  After Shelby got sick the pain eased up.  All prayers are more than welcome for the family .  This to will pass……. And hopefully the stone!

🙏Prayers for your family, John, and most especially for Shelby.  I can only imagine how frightening this must be for her, being that she's pregnant and experiencing all of this.

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan  @Luckynana

Mimi & Maryann,

Several times a week you get to see also different movies screened on "top" of the Opera House. My other videos are too long to upload, but all of them are amazing.

Thank you, Dani, that's amazing!

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just went to my CVS with my card and the printout showing the wrong lot number and the pharmacy tech scribbled out the number on the card and wrote in the one that is on the printout from the state that is wrong!  I explained to him a second time that the number is not a valid lot number and that the state system needed to be fixed.  He said he only knows Pfizer as that is all that store gives and that I need to go back to the CVS in Target as they only do Moderna and will know what I am talking about.  I went off to Target and explained again what the issue was and the second the woman looked at my printout, she said that isn't a valid Moderna number, that "7" doesn't belong there!  Yay!  After messing with the computer, she figured out how to update the state system and then put a sticker over what the other guy had done to my card and rewrote the correct information.  Hopefully, the state system updates in a few days and I can download the corrected QR code.  I am going to printout the record from the department of health again too to keep with my card just in case someone has an issue with the sticker.  

Good grief!  How frustrating this has been for you!  I'm glad to hear that you've gotten it all straightened out now, but what a run- around you've been through.  I had my first 2 shots in Florida, and my Booster in NJ.  I have to say, the person in NJ who wrote the number on my card just scribble it, I hope I don't have a problem with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry to read all this about your family. I hope all are well soon and put this behind them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hopefully she will be better very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Talk of this weekend's weather started to stress me out. So I did what any rational person would do... I went to the solarium and ordered a Painkiller.

Temperature in FLL should be about 40F Sunday.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This orthopedic group has their own surgical center on the upper two floors. I will stay a minimum of one night possible two depending on when I wake up and get some of the PT started. Surgery scheduled for 10:30. I agree with Jim rehab is everything. That's one reason why I waited to do this after I retired so that I can devote a lot of time to physical therapy. I want to do this right. Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot as I do suffer anxiety about medical procedures that require anesthesia. 

I'm not even a big coffee fan but love espresso martini's. I take it you have had a chocolate martini? Those are my favorites, especially made with Godiva Dark Chocolate liqueur.

Cold here in Kansas City at 16 degrees but since I'm retired everyday is a nice day.

Cheers Graham!

Stunning and beautiful. Thanks for the pictures. I need to visit.

Have a great day. Looks like a nice yacht in the top picture.

OB you are on fire. And not one whistle blown at you? Keep up the great work. I bow down to you. btw I did a typo on your towel animal reply, left out the word "Eat" as in they don't eat much. I'm sure you got it but I was typing on my phone without my glasses. You know the rest.

I think I forgot to wish you good luck on your surgery,Greg.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sending prayers along that everyone starts feeling better soon.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1