Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

totally agree. I don’t care for the bow at all.

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

I don’t want them to be removed they have just as much to live where they want as I do. I do have fenced in area that is bordered by a retaining wall. They could jump down from the top of the wall into the lower area so I may put up a temporary garden fence for the next couple of months during mating season.

2AAF48F7-85A8-4F24-9936-275716C57D69.thumb.jpeg.1f521c0ca643d83da0ed1e0bc023f4fb.jpeg

Now that I see the area I am not as worried especially if the coyotes are moving along the wooded area and not stopping and stalking the fenced area.  I like the idea of the temporary garden fence.  I would still always be out with them for now.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s what I really hated. Having to wear the mask outside in St. Thomas and St. Kitts. 

Yes, we too hated having to wear mask in Antigua, St Maarteen and Barbados when outside.   We took down many times when out of crowded areas.

Barbados goes nuts with spraying everyones hands everywhere you go.   Sprayed getting on bus from ship to terminal, then sprayed again, then sprayed getting onto bus to the beach resort, then sprayed going into the resort.   I couldnt wait to get into the water as whatever they sprayed with was sticky and smelly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In St. Maarten with Edge and Club Med 2. Those Edge class ships have an ugly stubby looking bow.

20220127_071717.thumb.jpg.0dd0494e0d6423e3251be89faf87048c.jpg

The Club Med 2 ship is beautiful when sails are up.   We first saw one in Aruba when we had an overnight stay.  We were dining at West Deck to watch the beautiful sunset.  Then the club med ship sailed into the sunset, was stunning.  I have to find my photos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

I never did buy the Proof syrup.  I couldn't find it in my local stores and didn't want to pay the $50 online price with shipping.  I'd be paying more for the syrup than the bourbon.  Instead, I'm using simple syrup and Angostura Orange Bitters.  Still very tasty.  I think the Meletti liquor must be what really adds the special to your special old fashioned.

• Like 1

I got the CC crud this morning.  Unfortunately, it's been happening more frequently so I just wait it out until I can post again.  

I received a very special email yesterday.  My oldest and dearest friend from 3rd grade dug up a very old video her husband took of their visit to us in May, 1980.  It lasted only 3 minutes but what a trip down memory lane!  I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

Of course we have tons of photos through the years but this came so unexpectedly and so welcomed.  

1980 The Way We Were:

1980.thumb.jpg.92fde17f81b69ae7ab3582b6c122ee95.jpg

19802.thumb.jpg.0e38a9f8c423002ce36f8c5fedb65d8d.jpg

The Way We Are Now or at least in 2018

image.png.a7e472bcf70c1dcf1788676248212ac6.png

So glad to hear @Ocean Boy@DaniDanielle@ReneeFLLare enjoying their cruises.  Nice to know those painkillers really work for OB!

Hope all those who have covid are recuperating with no after effects.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we too hated having to wear mask in Antigua, St Maarteen and Barbados when outside.   We took down many times when out of crowded areas.

Barbados goes nuts with spraying everyones hands everywhere you go.   Sprayed getting on bus from ship to terminal, then sprayed again, then sprayed getting onto bus to the beach resort, then sprayed going into the resort.   I couldnt wait to get into the water as whatever they sprayed with was sticky and smelly.

We were in St Maarten in July and December and didn’t need masks outdoors. 

We were required to wear masks outdoors in Belize on our cruise last September. It was raining that day and the masks quickly became soggy and gross (and totally ineffective when wet!), but that didn't matter. Normally, wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal to me, but I didn't enjoy it at all that day. LOL.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just read your updated post.  Bet the kids are loving this.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy your snowstorm, Dani.  Your grandsons must be thrilled! 

Is your grandson back in school? Yes, he is 💕. Funny thing - the grandsons spent the night with us, and DH is "responsible" for providing b'fast... So is cutting a slice of challa [Challah is a special bread of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, usually braided and typically eaten on ceremonial occasions such as Shabbat] for the little one, and he says: "Saba [grandfather in Hebrew], I've had a "tubes" surgery and I'm not allowed to eat the 'hard' ... so, pls., cut the 'hard' part for me" 😁

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

As u can c, the snow is already melting...

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

1980 The Way We Were:

How nice to go down the memory lane... So "now" the top is outside and Jack has glasses... You're together, healthy and looking forward to Bella's cruise.  הכי חשוב That's the good life 😘.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never did buy the Proof syrup.  I couldn't find it in my local stores and didn't want to pay the $50 online price with shipping.  I'd be paying more for the syrup than the bourbon.  Instead, I'm using simple syrup and Angostura Orange Bitters.  Still very tasty.  I think the Meletti liquor must be what really adds the special to your special old fashioned.

Look me up on Facebook and message me with your address. I will buy you bottle and mail it to you. Free,  it’s the least thing I can do to make up for last weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The shops  at the port were doing that at St Kitts.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my family.  The Grandkids are already doing much better.  Shelby’s back is still sore. She gets moments of relief but then pain again.  Those that have dealt with kidney stones knows how it goes until it passes.  Thanks again Friends.

• Like 12

I woke up to -8°F temperatures this morning, and no sign to be above freezing untIl Groundhog Day.   So I did what anyone who has been back in the snow for a week now would do (has it really only been a week?), I booked two more cruises.  

Now we are off to see about getting a minor master bath makeover.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The Amazing Race starts in 24 minutes.  Just sayin...

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Might be OB on Sunday headed home. 😮

When I read this I started laughing.  I could see OB leaning toward the windshield driving through a blizzard and the Amazing Race theme song playing in the background. At the end of the day he is the first to finish and wins a cruise with a real nice chair on the balcony!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely not a job that I'd want.  I've always been impressed with the procedure that they use when changing lifeguards, with the incoming guard thoroughly looking at the pool and then the outgoing guard doing the same.  Doesn't take much to impress me.

There were times on Harmony when the pool was empty for some time and they still do the routine.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

As u can c, the snow is already melting...

How nice to go down the memory lane... So "now" the top is outside and Jack has glasses... You're together, healthy and looking forward to Bella's cruise.  הכי חשוב That's the good life 😘.

I saw them reporting the snow at the Wall last night on i24.  It is exciting to see kids enjoy their first snow.  I like seeing your grandkids with their little shovels!  Although not as rare here, we are lucky to get maybe 1 good snow day but when we do the kids love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We were required to wear masks outdoors in Belize on our cruise last September. It was raining that day and the masks quickly became soggy and gross (and totally ineffective when wet!), but that didn't matter. Normally, wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal to me, but I didn't enjoy it at all that day. LOL.

Wet masks should work just fine and may work a little better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I got the CC crud this morning.  Unfortunately, it's been happening more frequently so I just wait it out until I can post again.  

I received a very special email yesterday.  My oldest and dearest friend from 3rd grade dug up a very old video her husband took of their visit to us in May, 1980.  It lasted only 3 minutes but what a trip down memory lane!  I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

Of course we have tons of photos through the years but this came so unexpectedly and so welcomed.  

1980 The Way We Were:

1980.thumb.jpg.92fde17f81b69ae7ab3582b6c122ee95.jpg

19802.thumb.jpg.0e38a9f8c423002ce36f8c5fedb65d8d.jpg

image.png.a7e472bcf70c1dcf1788676248212ac6.png

So glad to hear @Ocean Boy@DaniDanielle@ReneeFLLare enjoying their cruises.  Nice to know those painkillers really work for OB!

Hope all those who have covid are recuperating with no after effects.

Nice photos Bonnie.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

We were in St Maarten in July and December and didn’t need masks outdoors. 

No idea when they started it but the guard at end of dock told us we had to wear in the port area and were told again when we got on the water taxi to go to BB Bar and beach.    Then I heard someone tell another person while walking along the "boardwalk" towards BBB they had to mask up.    So they were definitely enforcing while we were there on or about Jan 14th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The shops  at the port were doing that at St Kitts.  

Yup all the shops at Barbados were doing that too.   I don't recall Antigua or St Maarten shops doing it but Barbados definitely did.      Barbados also took your temperature in cruise terminal before you re-boarded the ship.    I found that odd - they didn't take my temp when I stepped foot on their island but they did as I was leaving ???