Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One guy was totally disrespectful to his wife on the show that aired last night.Since there are only two married couples on the show it kind of narrows it down .

Yes, one was awful as usual but the other is the one that was trying to "reassure" his wife prior to her turn at the roadblock.  They aren't going to let you do something that will kill you is not reassuring.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup all the shops at Barbados were doing that too.   I don't recall Antigua or St Maarten shops doing it but Barbados definitely did.      Barbados also took your temperature in cruise terminal before you re-boarded the ship.    I found that odd - they didn't take my temp when I stepped foot on their island but they did as I was leaving ???

Too hot. They got confused.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

No, but almost a S2S.  We will get off one ship and have a night in a hotel and do some laundry, then board another ship the next day. These two aren’t till next January (Liberty and Harmony from Ft Lauderdale), but the dates worked with our house rental. 

At least we have one in May to look forward to, and it looks like we will get our grandson from California to spend part of the summer with us again.  Maybe we should take him on a summer cruise. 😁

S2S (or whatever you want to call it) are nice too!     Jan 2020 we did 7 nights on Allure out of FLL then went to the Embassy Suites for the night and did laundry at their self serve machines then boarded the Serenade the following day for a b2b of 22 nights.    That was sweet!

That sounds like a great idea to take your Grandson on a cruise this summer!   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

S2S (or whatever you want to call it) are nice too!     Jan 2020 we did 7 nights on Allure out of FLL then went to the Embassy Suites for the night and did laundry at their self serve machines then boarded the Serenade the following day for a b2b of 22 nights.    That was sweet!

That sounds like a great idea to take your Grandson on a cruise this summer!   

I'm thinking of a s2s for march 2023 and hoping things get better. The test 2 days prior worries me somewhat but I want to make the visit to florida count. Only one leg booked.

I sure need a nice cruise dinner or some sun and ocean or something. Heard the last 2 weeks liberty's ports have all been perfect, sunny and about 82, feels like 90 with the sun. My skin hates the sun but I sure love it. 9:20 am covid test. Then I think I will relax. Just so ready to be back onboard. Some caesar salad, shrimp cocktail.. whatever looks good for lunch, some watermelon. Some washing dishes. 

First time trying uber, I know I know. I hear they cant drive into the port. I guess just give them a close address. Crossing my fingers I got things figured out. Parking at the hotel and no shuttle. Ancy and ready to get on with it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just saw the updated forecast and was thinking of you.  I was hoping you didn't see they are now talking TWO FEET of snow or more. 😱

OMG! is all I can think of to say. That and poor OB. ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Pauline & Graham, your prayers are so much appreciated.😘

My side of the family was "lucky" - I've "only" lost my maternal grandfather in a camp, and my dad did forced labor.

DH's side -- of Polish descent, not so much....😢

Sending prayers Dani. There's a lot about Holocaust Memorial Day on our media 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The 5PM news predicted as much as 36” for Long Island with wind gusting to as much as 60 mph.I am not looking forward to that .

OMG 3' of snow!    It has been many years since I saw that much in one storm.     All good with batteries, meds, etc?

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm thinking of a s2s for march 2023 and hoping things get better. The test 2 days prior worries me somewhat but I want to make the visit to florida count. Only one leg booked.

I sure need a nice cruise dinner or some sun and ocean or something. Heard the last 2 weeks liberty's ports have all been perfect, sunny and about 82, feels like 90 with the sun. My skin hates the sun but I sure love it. 9:20 am covid test. Then I think I will relax. Just so ready to be back onboard. Some caesar salad, shrimp cocktail.. whatever looks good for lunch, some watermelon. Some washing dishes. 

First time trying uber, I know I know. I hear they cant drive into the port. I guess just give them a close address. Crossing my fingers I got things figured out. Parking at the hotel and no shuttle. Ancy and ready to get on with it. 

Side by sides are a nice treat too.   Let's hope that by March 2023 we are not still worrying about the 2 test day rule.   

I thought you had sailed on a recent cruise or maybe I am confusing with someone else.  

How is your condo in FL?    Hope you have been able to enjoy it🤩

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Mask wearing is no longer mandatory in England from today.

Great news.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had to have temps taken and sanitize at one of the St. Maarten shops, plus mask.

Same here, but only one shop which I thought was odd. They must be more concerned about covid than other shops. Hoping they stay safe.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yep, a moving target. @Ocean Boy posted earlier that today ST. Maarten was laxed concerning wearing masks inside and outside. Enough to drive a person to drink. 🍺

The one thing they weren’t lax about was that darn hand sanitizer. I must have put it on over 20 times while out in town.

57 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have The Weather Channel on now. No mention of snowfall totals.  They’re all hype, no substance. 

Does Heather Tesch still work there? Mike and her husband used to fly together when they were both in the Navy many years ago. Lost touch with them a long time ago so I’m not sure if they are still married.

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The 5PM news predicted as much as 36” for Long Island with wind gusting to as much as 60 mph.I am not looking forward to that .

That’s hibernation time. 🥶

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

…First time trying uber, I know I know. I hear they cant drive into the port. I guess just give them a close address. Crossing my fingers I got things figured out. Parking at the hotel and no shuttle. Ancy and ready to get on with it. 

Uber can’t drive into the port? That’s crazy, but I guess it discourages people from taking them if that’s what Galveston is trying to achieve.

• Like 1

We were supposed to leave St. Maarten 90 minutes ago but presently still bunkering. Supposedly, the ship changed captains today. You would think he'd make some sort announcement as to when we are leaving. Unless, maybe he did while I was in the shower.

Edge departed at 4PM. They did some nice horn blowing but Allure did not respond. That was disappointing. Maybe the new captain isn't into it like the one we had up to now. Club Med 2 is still here. Beautiful night.

St. Maarten and Club Med 2.

20220127_184638.thumb.jpg.3609209c3499b774a1a18fc0d6ed7946.jpg

20220127_184952.thumb.jpg.3849dc18d2b6558f7fa1313f82f24f0c.jpg

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Sheal said:

Mimi, DH just explained it in more detail because I missed a important note in the original instructions. It starts by having that 401 app we have and then going from there.  So, without that app he isnt't sure how to get the card into the wallet.  Nice thing about the app is that it has the QR and by snapping a photo it recognized it and asked if he wanted to add to his wallet.   Once he did it asked if he wanted to add it to his wallet.  Good luck.  We might have killed some brain cells figuring out how to do it but it is done.

LOL.  I like the Fairlife milk for its stability and my daughter told me the other day it was on sale.  Normally I would go on Friday but I already wrote off that expedition.  I stopped and picked it up, along with a pizza and some other necessities, like the shoes I ordered from DSW.

I don’t have a lot of brain cells left after hitting the wall. A friend said I was lucky not to hit a stud. 
She doesn’t know our condo unit has two rows of concrete blocks between us and the next unit. A little harder and I’d have zero brain cells!

The iPhone Wallet should be a repository for important docs as well as credit cards. 
Just looked at the App Store. There are apps for vaccine passports. All I have to do is move to England or Newfoundland Labrador. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Side by sides are a nice treat too.   Let's hope that by March 2023 we are not still worrying about the 2 test day rule.   

I thought you had sailed on a recent cruise or maybe I am confusing with someone else.  

How is your condo in FL?    Hope you have been able to enjoy it🤩

Havent cruised since dec and am in withdrawals. B2b this time. I only did one week last time with fromseatoshining sea .. so fun but they are on mariner now.

That condo is a money pit. We of course asked about reserves and special assessments when I bought and were told great shape. They meet I think last monday about the elevator rusting ($3500 assesment) and the cause and the sidewalk is causing water to get into the elevator shaft and causing rust. Lol. Maybe its everything costs more but condo reserves are tapped out (reserves down to 15k). The condo is one thing after another. I keep thinking there is nothing left not replaced. Can we blame supply chain? Idk when I can move but it's there when I'm ready and nothing they can do to ruin the beautiful beach.

Solo I will concentrate more on doing things I missed and the brisket I wished I tried and poblano soup. Some lobster in my future. Sunny ports. I'm in Belize next week and rarely get there but not sure I think the tender is safe. You sit shoulder to shoulder .. wouldnt be back until next sept, labor day. Just ancy to board. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Great news.

Same here, but only one shop which I thought was odd. They must be more concerned about covid than other shops. Hoping they stay safe.

The one thing they weren’t lax about was that darn hand sanitizer. I must have put it on over 20 times while out in town.

Does Heather Tesch still work there? Mike and her husband used to fly together when they were both in the Navy many years ago. Lost touch with them a long time ago so I’m not sure if they are still married.

That’s hibernation time. 🥶

Uber can’t drive into the port? That’s crazy, but I guess it discourages people from taking them if that’s what Galveston is trying to achieve.

Yes,that is what I have been saying .The worst thought is losing electricity.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I got the CC crud this morning.  Unfortunately, it's been happening more frequently so I just wait it out until I can post again.  

I received a very special email yesterday.  My oldest and dearest friend from 3rd grade dug up a very old video her husband took of their visit to us in May, 1980.  It lasted only 3 minutes but what a trip down memory lane!  I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

Of course we have tons of photos through the years but this came so unexpectedly and so welcomed.  

1980 The Way We Were:

1980.thumb.jpg.92fde17f81b69ae7ab3582b6c122ee95.jpg

19802.thumb.jpg.0e38a9f8c423002ce36f8c5fedb65d8d.jpg

The Way We Are Now or at least in 2018

image.png.a7e472bcf70c1dcf1788676248212ac6.png

So glad to hear @Ocean Boy@DaniDanielle@ReneeFLLare enjoying their cruises.  Nice to know those painkillers really work for OB!

Hope all those who have covid are recuperating with no after effects.

A few years ago I got in touch with my best friend from the sixth grade.We were the only kids in the school who had red hair.When we spoke he told me that his hair was still red whereas mine was white.

• Like 2