Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

OMG! is all I can think of to say. That and poor OB. ❄️❄️❄️

It depends on what time the really heavy snow is predicted for his area.

I am making the assumption that it is about a 90 minute drive from the airport to where he lives when there is no snow.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It depends on what time the really heavy snow is predicted for his area.

I am making the assumption that it is about a 90 minute drive from the airport to where he lives when there is no snow.

Pretty spot on assumption. I just want the flight to get in. I'll deal with the rest.

• Like 1

Today was the final port for this cruise. Cozumel. Woke up yo warm and humid temperatures. We were docked very early and Captain Per announced the all clear to go off the ship. 

We were toying with going to Iberostar or the Del Mar Latina or Chankanab or hang around San Miguel. We have been to all these places before, so we took a taxi and told the guy to choose for us. He took us to Paradise Beach which we have also been to three times before and enjoyed it a lot.

We chose to go with the AI option. Poolside cabanas were included. So we picked one far out in a calm section. We decided to use the pool earlier which was a good idea because later on it was not distanced enough for my liking. The beach is also very nice and had less people. Drinks were ok. Food was ridiculously priced. Like cajun shrimp, an entree, was 2 medium shrimp and a tiny timbale of rice and about 6 fries. 

Service got slow as the place started to fill up. Still one can see that it was not as filled as before. We stayed till 3 and took a cab back to port. 

I discovered that the best guacamole and salsa were at this little place inside the port called Cafe Mandy. Next time I am having lunch there!!!!

We were at International pier with another ship dwarfed by the Odyssey. Two Carnival ships, the Vista and the Dream were docked at Porta Maya.

The port area was pretty much empty. Stores were open but hardly any customers. Tonight is Indian night at the buffet. I went to take a look and we will be having dinner there. Now I am not going to complain about the scanty food at Paradise. Will say if any one goes there, go early so you can scout out your spot. Will report later about Indian night. Right now I want to do some walking to burn calories and then find the elastic waisted capris! Chow for now. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Could easily save a life, so I’m impressed, too. Sometimes you can see but not comprehend. Shift changes is when things happen. Two sets of eyes is better than one. 

What I don’t get is why they have to wear masks out in the hot sun. If I needed to be rescued I wouldn’t care if they had a mask on or not.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Belize is the longest tender in the world. Or it had that title. I dont mind tendering except right now seems risky. Takes at least half a hour to fill up then almost 30 minutes to get there and you are shoulder to shoulder with strangers. I have to pass another covid test to do a b2b or I would chance it. 

Have you thought of wearing an N95 mask? Maybe you would feel more comfortable with that? Ask them if they are still cramming everyone in with covid.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

He is very likely a total jerk to her at home, too. If she puts a dent in the car, burns the toast, forgets to buy cereal, I can see him tearing her down verbally. 

She shouldn’t put up with that crap. I will admit I haven’t seen it but he doesn’t sound nice. Some people need to be taken down a notch or two.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Us too. 

Glad to hear you are having a good time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Just a basic rum and coke.  It is quick, plus my mixing options are depleted.  I need to restock.  

You should be ashamed at yourself for letting liquor options run low , for your weather I would suggest a large stock of cognac. Bought a few very large bottles today. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just saw a piece on the news about the Freedom Truckers convoy in Canada protesting the vaccine mandate.  It said it is now 70 km (44 miles) long.  

That has to be one massive traffic jam. 

Wow that must be a record convoy.  Definitely cannot be helping supply chain issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

They would have to been employed at some time to get unemployment insurance.

I, too, was being humorous!

And maybe they were. I always thought the vendors who sold steak on a stick, hot dogs and pretzels on the sidewalk worked for themselves, until I saw all the carts parked on a side street off 8th Ave one night. 

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just a basic rum and coke.  It is quick, plus my mixing options are depleted.  I need to restock.  

Forget the milk and bread and get to the liquor store🤪

That's what Eric did today and came home with 2 boxes of various wines, vodka and rum.  He's said he set to be snowed in and asked what I was going to drink...haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Belize is the longest tender in the world. Or it had that title. I dont mind tendering except right now seems risky. Takes at least half a hour to fill up then almost 30 minutes to get there and you are shoulder to shoulder with strangers. I have to pass another covid test to do a b2b or I would chance it. 

Yes it seems the sidewalk slopes and water runs off into the elevator shaft. Lol my downstairs neighbor was going to the meet up last monday but wrote back she has covid. Hmmm. 

OB hope you are enjoying your cruise. Maybe you need to stay on another week and miss the weather up there. .. so ready for some sunshine.

The Belize ride from and to the ships is the scariest of any I’ve ever experienced. 
The first time I watched the water fly past the glass less windows and thought it was like a submarine diving, I don’t think I took a breath. 

• Like 2