Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I booked the 30th cruise several days ago. Since I’m already on the Allure and also have February 5th booked I figured why not just stay on. 😁 Mike isn’t on the next one, but he will be back for the 5th. Maybe we will see you around the ship. All your b2b cruises sound nice. 🥂 🛳

You should have talked OB into staying onboard.     Enjoy your sailings.    😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

This trip has been rough for me.  Our waiter didn’t want me to order the same desserts due to my tree nut allergy, so he has been checking on everything with the chef, including desserts.  I am eating things I never had before such as molten lava cake and I am full all the time!!!!!No one ever bothered to check on desserts for me before, just said I better not have it…..

They really are going above and beyond these days.    That is really nice he is checking for you. 

How is Charlie feeling this afternoon?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not allowed to drink alcohol either .Toby drinks for me at parties or on cruises.So nice of her.

My GI doctor prescribed omeprazole to be taken once a day but it raised my blood pressure.The doctor told me to stop taking it .I take extra strength chewable gas X instead but that does not help that much.When I see my doctor shortly we will discuss this.

GasX is basically just simethicone. It breaks up gas. It has no antacid properties. That is why it doesn't help you. TUMS would be more effective than that stuff.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

GasX is basically just simethicone. It breaks up gas. It has no antacid properties. That is why it doesn't help you. TUMS would be more effective than that stuff.

I was using TUMS but it adds to my Calcium intake .I am on 6 tablets a day of Bone Guard Forte.

Don’t forget to send him the bill!

Enjoy the last minutes of the cruise.  There is a headline on my internet browser from a CNBC posting of “Airlines cancel hundreds of flights ahead of winter storm”.

Maybe you will get to spend an extra day in Florida.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

During a recent moment of reflectiveness as I was staring out over the ocean I was thinking how blessed I, and all of us here, are to have the means to be able to do what we love.

So well said, OB.

Blessed indeed.

Glad you had a smashing week on Allure, and all the "stairs" [and painkillers] aligned 🌺

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t forget to send him the bill!

Enjoy the last minutes of the cruise.  There is a headline on my internet browser from a CNBC posting of “Airlines cancel hundreds of flights ahead of winter storm”.

Maybe you will get to spend an extra day in Florida.  

I am very much hoping that those hundreds of flights are supposed to have been taking place on Saturday and not Sunday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good News/Bad News

Bad News:It has been snowing for 8 hours straight

Good News: We have zero inches of snow because it has been above freezing .

However,it does not look to be good much longer.

I woke up to flurries and weather people saying it will be just a light coating and this is not part of the nor'easter as that won't start till late this evening but it is still snowing here too.   Ground is covered but roads are wet which will probably make it worse as it will all freeze up this evening when the "real snow" comes. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am very much hoping that those hundreds of flights are supposed to have been taking place on Saturday and not Sunday.

You forced me to click the link.  So far the flights cancelled are Friday and Saturday.  The problem with whenever they are cancelled is the chaos can flow over to your Sunday flights.  However, if you have a confirmed seat you should be good Sunday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You forced me to click the link.  So far the flights cancelled are Friday and Saturday.  The problem with whenever they are cancelled is the chaos can flow over to your Sunday flights.  However, if you have a confirmed seat you should be good Sunday.

Hopefully, originating at a warm weather airport will help. Planes might not be in position to originate at cold airports and they should have a good amount of time to clear runways if the storm moves though as it is supposed to. Whatever... it is not in my control. My house will be there when I arrive. If this had happened last weekend there would have been no ship to board when I got there.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here. Wishing Charlie a speedy and full recovery 😘

+2

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think all the walking has been too much for him.  Does Eric have any problems with his stomach from all the meds?  I told him he needs a stiff drink but his doctors told him no alcohol😢I have to drink for him 🤪

Marietta...sometimes, a gal has to do what a gal has to do!  All kidding aside, I sure hope Charlie feels better.  Especially not fun not feeling well while being on a cruise.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There you go get Charlie a Caribbean mule that has ginger beer in it.   Or maybe just get him a ginger ale. @DaniDanielle

I've always wanted to try ginger beer...a Caribbean mule sounds good!

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@John&LaLa

Wishing you a safe fun cruise.

Also

To all those currently sailing, I forgot to mention above in addition to my best wishes for OceanBoy, that you also have safe travels home.

+1

• Like 1

I switched my cruise from the Symphony on 1/29 to the Oasis on 3/6/22.

I actually scored a direct flight from my middle of no where city to Miami.

My phone has been blowing up today with my old flight notifications, my flight would have been really delayed because of Chicago.

I am so glad I switched sailing dates, I can’t deal with delayed flights.

• Like 6

Ok I need some advice.

I can’t imagine cruising without an alcoholic drink but I really don’t drink at home.

How strong are the mixed drinks on the ship? Say a mojito or a cosmopolitan?

I don’t know of any mocktails that aren’t really sugary.

thanks

Edited by Maitaivegas

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

After my newly refound peace, I go down to my cabin to retrieve something and THIS is what I find😐😏🤨..... Back to the nearest bar....

20220128_142925.thumb.jpg.b5edc89e7fa1d79329926359c92dad83.jpg

First time I’ve seen an envelope for additional gratuities on top of the gratuities. 
In the old days we’d find several ready to be filled. 
Then came automatic gratuities. 
Then came cruisers that liked to give a little extra to people that went above and beyond. 
And now there are expectations to be met. Or ignored. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

First time I’ve seen an envelope for additional gratuities on top of the gratuities. 
In the old days we’d find several ready to be filled. 
Then came automatic gratuities. 
Then came cruisers that liked to give a little extra to people that went above and beyond. 
And now there are expectations to be met. Or ignored. 

Got one in December on the Allure.  

Thanks OB (and everyone else currently cruising) for your comments from your ship this week.  Life is so much better when you're able to live vicariously through someone else on a cruise ship.  Good luck with your trip home.  If you get stuck in Florida, hopefully you'll have a little warmer temps than northern Florida.  Freeze warning for us tonight.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Just got our negative tests back for our Allure  cruise departing on Sunday. WE will be B2B2B2B2B. 

Then off for a week and then another B2B,

Nice!!  Very, very nice!!!!!  

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nachi Cocom is are go to place too.  Started many years ago.  It is where I had my first Miami Vice.  😊 

I plan on having my first Miami Vice on the Silhouette next mong!😉

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here is my perspective after a good night's sleep. Nothing I do today will change whether I get home Sunday or not. What I won't let this storm do is rob me of my last couple of days of vacation. And no, I have not even had a Painkiller today....yet.😇

Words of Wisdom, OB!

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it is a dumpster with built in port-a-potty.    First time I have ever seen one too.    It is called Redbox+     (I don't think they have redbox movies in the potty🤣)

We have both been working from home and seen various construction trades go in and out the house on a regular basis we have actually seen several guys use it since utilities are turned off at the house.

Just when you think you've seen it all!  What a great idea!

Have your neighbors come by since the fire?

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The perfect way to look at it IMO.  Especially when you consider this DIDN’T happen last weekend when you were headed to the cruise.  I feel for those from this area trying to get to FL for this weekend’s departures.  

I totally agree, Deb!

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know about ginger altoids. I’ll have to look sometime for them. I have bought the candied ginger before from Whole Foods.

I think I've seen ginger altoids at Trader Joes.🤔

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Currently 9F, feels like -4F at 3:12pm.  Drops to -11 tonight, feeling like - 26.

It is sunny at least, which means no extra snow here, as of now. 

Ouch, Andrew!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Last night, as I mentioned, it was Indian night at the buffet and after that I was in a food coma. 😋 everything was delicious, just about right spice level. . 

Breakfast also has many Indian and international items.

Good to hear how wonderful and delicious the Indian fare has been on your cruise, Arzeena!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

During a recent moment of reflectiveness as I was staring out over the ocean I was thinking how blessed I, and all of us here, are to have the means to be able to do what we love. So, to all of my C.C. friends.... Cheers.

20220128_161926.thumb.jpg.c322b336c63045eeb8af498eef71ede7.jpg

Right back at ya, OB!!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are off to the lake tonight after work, so I am sure there will be a picture of OWD sleeping in usual places on the Bella thread this weekend.  Probably Rodrhi being himself as well.  Haven’t been down since October figure I need to charge the boat batteries.

• Like 4